1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone have experience with lost UPS package?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OldfanofTmac, Dec 4, 2014.

Tags:
  1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I worked at the hub loading packages, while I was in college. The conveyor belt doesn't stop, so you have to grab your packages before they're right in front of your truck, run inside the truck and load them appropriately, then run out and repeat. Sometimes it's nothing but light letters and boxes...sometimes it's ten 40 pound boxes :grin:

2. cson

cson Contributing Member

Happened to me about a year ago. Took them a week and I got the package, it had just be routed wrong or something and ended up in NC.

3. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

[Update] : Thank God, It actually arrived. Time for Smash Bros :)

Thanks to all for the input

4. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I had an issue the last couple of days. I ordered some Christmas gifts from new egg. Boxes got delivered to the wrong address, so I called. They tracked the address it was delivered to and it is this crazy lady down the street. I told them I was not going there to get my package. They sent a guy back out and he retrieved it and delivered it to me.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've had something I bought on Amazon say it was "delivered" but never showed up. It showed up 3-4 weeks later. LOL. I think they were using the postal service for the final leg and it must've gotten stuck somewhere in the post office. Somebody probably noticed it on the floor 3-4 weeks later and said "we better deliver it".

BTW, I hate how stuff says "delivered" when it really isn't and even on Amazon's site it says even if it says "delivered" it may take another day to arrive. lol. WTH? I mean, I get the post office's tracking info is basically "here's when we picked it up" and "here's when we dropped it off", but I still don't get how it's "delivered" when ..... it ain't.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. I used to do the same thing for RPS! I had to load 3 trucks at the same time with crap flying by on the conveyor belt. If you fell behind, things would just get backed on your platform because you start throwing stuff on the platform next to you and load them later just to catch up. I remember my first couple of days it looked like I was building a fort around myself. :grin: Loading the packages appropriately in the correct parts of the vans was the hardest part at first. I was in shape, so I made it through the shifts, but man, I was still sore. I remember the worst days were when some carpet place would get rolls of carpet all at once or some coffee store in Bellaire would buy all the coffee on the planet in one shipment. Jesus Christ, those 4 hour shifts were brutal! And what's even scarier is I used to work with people that worked on the docks in the Houston Ship Channel and they said that was probably even harder work. This was also in the summer. I don't even want to think what holidays were like. Wow.