1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    TWOLVES vs NUGGETS GAME 7. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

That's a tough one.

IMO, both Sanders and Brown are locks each week.

Here are some things to consider with Josh Gordon.

1. Johnny Manziel at QB -- opposing LBs and safeties must respect his ability to run and break containment (e.g. Russell Wilson). This is especially true inside the red zone. Also, safeties overplaying a scrambling QB, mean late coverage on deep routes.

2. Andrew Luck -- he's flat-out shredding defenses. Browns will be playing from behind all day Sunday. Which means more targets for Gordon.

3. Vontae Davis -- Colts stud CB suffered a blow to the head last week and was forced to leave the game with a concussion. Per NFL rules, Davis will have to go through the league's strict concussion protocol. This is bad news for his availability this week.

4. Greg Toler -- Colts other starting CB missed last Sunday's game against Jax because he did NOT pass the league's criteria to play. Yes, he also suffered a concussion. It's not known whether he'll be ready this Sunday either.

5. Josh Gordon -- he's hungry and has something to prove, again. Developing chemistry with Johnny Football early and often will go a long way towards determining Gordon's future in Cleveland. He needs Manziel as much as Manziel needs him to step up.

All signs point to a solid day from Josh Gordon -- 9 rec, 140 yds, 1 TD (my guess)

I'd keep a close eye on the injury status of both Vontae Davis and Greg Toler.

Hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  2. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

^ looks like I'm wrong about Manziel starting...

Quote:

The Cleveland Browns' faith in Brian Hoyer continues, and so does Johnny Manziel's spot on the bench.

After two days of deliberation, Cleveland will start Hoyer for the 13th straight game Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts, Browns coach Mike Pettine announced Wednesday.

"After thorough evaluation and talking to the staff, we feel Brian gives us the best opportunity to win on Sunday," Pettine said. "This is a football decision and those are always going to be based on what we think is best for our team.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Thanks for the help fellas.

I'll probably just sit Flash Gordon now that Manziel is sitting.

4. Remii

Remii Member

It's hard to bench either Brown or Sanders considering the great year they've been having (I'm assuming you wasn't even thinking about benching Megatron)...

But, Brown is playing Cincinnati and in the past few years Big Ben has done next to nothing against them, and last year in 2 games against Cincinnati _ Brown had a 57 yard game and a 66 yard game with 1 TD. This year Cincinnati is #2 behind Seattle as far as shutting down WR's fantasy wise and their #4 in shutting down QB's. Also the game is in Cincinnati. Pittsburgh vs Cincinnati may be all about the running game for Pittsburgh.

Denver is possibly facing a better pass rush with Buffalo than they did last week so Sanders may not be in for a big game... Plus Denver may be playing with the lead.

Indy's defense has been very good fantasy wise in shutting down receivers this year _ but then I looked at the teams they played so those guys might not be as good as we're making them out to be. This will be Josh's first home game of the year and he just may get Jordan back this week which will help both him and whoever they have at QB. And Josh has already proven that it doesn't matter who his QB is... And Indy might be up big going into the 4th quarter.

Very tough decision. Check the weather report for Josh, Brown, and Sanders and good luck.

5. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

so sad. i was looking forward to playing manziel this week. browns are so dumb, hoyer blows

6. SK34

SK34 Member

[​IMG]

Whom should I start?

Currently 5th place..
    going against 4th place guy w/ same record.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Son of a b****. I was ready for Johnny to lead me to postseason glory.

8. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

lol I got a similar problem, Im always starting 4 WRs (1 FLEX)

would you consider starting Deandre Hopkins over any of this players?

E. Sanders
    Calvin Johnson
    Brandon Marshall
    Alshon Jeffrey

Jeffrey has a hamstring issue, barely practiced during the week, and the play tomorrow, so I dont know what to do.

and how I got them: I traded after week 1 Percy Harvin and Zac Stacy for both Bears WRs

9. AB423

AB423 Member

Same here, wasted my waiver on him. Now I gotta start Sanchez.. still holding out hope that they will change to Manziel right before game-time.

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

just gotta hope hoyer laids an egg again.

11. thething

thething Contributing Member

Don't overthink it. Play your studs and sit Hopkins.

Marshall has been down lately and Cutler is unpredictable but he tends to do well against Dallas.

Of course if Jeffery is out or limited your choice is obvious so pay close attention to that.

1 person likes this.
  12. famicom

famicom Member

Houston D @Jax or Detroit D home vTB

13. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

thanks!

14. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I would go with Detroit.

here it is another question please help me people:

Witten @ Chicago
    Reed vs STL
    Jordan Cameron vs IND

Thanks in advance

15. markg

markg Member

Who to start?
    Matt Ryan @ GB
    or
    Romo @ Bears

16. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Start Witten tonight or wait until Sunday for Julius Thomas?

17. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

I would wait if possible until Sunday and see if Julius Thomas is going to be active. He practiced today so I think barring a setback he should be back in the lineup Sunday.

18. thething

It was good advice in theory but hard to predict the marshall injury...sorry about that.

19. thething

I think both are great choices to have. However...I would go with Houston.

Jacksonville is the gift that keeps on giving to fantasy defenses. Through 12 games, no team has had a bad fantasy game against them, so it is as safe a pick as there is. JJ Watt will go nuts.

20. SK34

SK34 Member

No help for me guys?