1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Star Wars Episode VII

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by K mf G, Nov 8, 2013.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Someone finally realized lightsabers need guards.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This is beautiful.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

In terms of the awakening of the Force... If both Sith are dead, how would they come back? One of the Jedi would need to convert like Vader did I reckon, but there is no one to train under. And there are only two Jedi Left, Leah and Luke, and I reckon any children they have would be potential Jedi. But cannot see Luke or Leah having a reason to go to the darkside. Nor their children. And Luke and Leah will only be half trained as Luke thinks he finished, but never did. Leah never had any training. The Darkside too seems short of training with both Sith dead, and their full potential cannot be realized.

I am assuming the Empire still has a strong hold given they only lost the death star back up plan. Still plenty of resources I would think. And the Rebels still just trying to get by?

I am curious where they go from the last film.

I cannot even make a guess at the plot line given the remaining Jedi are all good, and the Sith are Dead. So this one is tough, but regardless, my guess would be that in order for the darkside to awaken again you need someone with the need or reason to master it from the last film. So I'll guess that some blood line relative, a young boy, is upset at the death of Senator Palpatine. Luke will at the same time seek to destroy the sith historical records. The Palpatine relative will follow Luke to the sith site, will discover the records, and after Luke leaves the place in flames he will begin training. And the dark side will rise again. Luke and Leah, disregarding Jedi policy, will marry, only to find out that Luke's wife has become a Sith and had started training their children on the Sith ways. Luke will kill his wife. And the two children will seek revenge on Skywalker, and try to bring their mother back. Leah and Han Solo are also, wed, breaking more Jedi Rules. So something has to go wrong there too. Boba Fett will be hired by Palaptines relative to kill one of Luke's children, so no, he's not yet dead, and this is what turns Luke's wife to the dark side because she believes that Luke killed one of their children. This leaves two Sith, Palpatine's relative, and one of Luke's remaining children. Lol, book it baby.

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

6. VanityHalfBlack

sucked. What is this for babies?

7. Bigpetelikeiron

Luke DOES turn to the darkside in the extended stories, if only temporarily. The emperor returns as a clone and Luke trains as his new apprentice. I don't know if that's the story they are going to tell in this movie but it would make sense considering that's what happens in the official storyline.

8. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

My interpretation is that a sith (Adam Driver) was "awakened" with a really old, hilted lightsaber. This would also explain why it looks so fuzzy.

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

I read on the synopsis that there's a trio of young people this adventure will follow. Who is the third? John, daisy and who? Adam is a bad guy...

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Would be cool, good theory.

11. smr6

smr6 Member

There are still undiscovered Sith holocrons arounds that someone who is force sensitive could find and be corrupted by. Just because the Jedi were wiped out, doesn't mean force sensitive people stopped being born. A person strong in the force could be born of someone who has no connection to it.

12. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Looks fantastic - like a nice mix of Star Trek (2009) with Star Wars elements i.e. lightsabers, music, TIE fighters, etc. That being said, I'm not as pumped up for this one as I was for the Ep I: Phantom Menace. Among the many horrible things George Lucas did was kill my expectations for any SW movies. I wasted so many of my America Online hours getting updates for that movie. :mad:

13. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Since the extended universe is no longer canon, I'll be curious to see if the movies pick up bits and pieces from the books. Would be cool to see Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin Solo, along with Mara Jade and Ben Skywalker (although some of those characters are supposed to be deceased in this timeframe).

14. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

For those who haven't seen this previously it gives a nice indication of how George Lucas screwed the franchise:

[youtube]xxf1c3fzDOU[/youtube]

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Interesting . .. I wish to see more

Rocket River

16. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Well how do we know all the Sith and Jedi are dead save for Luke and Leia. We just know the universe from their points of view. Vader and the Emperor area dead, but that doesn't mean the dark side ceases to exist or that the Force is general can no longer be tapped into. Also if you've watched Star Wars Rebels (which is considered official canon), then Jedis, padawans and even Sith exist throughout the universe, just in very small numbers.

From what the rumors that I've heard...
    John Boyega is a stormtrooper, he finds Luke's lightsaber and goes in search of him. He's kinda in the Han Solo mold, troublemaker who turns good. I've also heard that Luke, in the 30 years or so since Return of the Jedi, became so powerful with the force that he could move mountains. That power caused him to feel lured by the dark side again, and so he decided to go into seclusion. Another rumor has the Sith seeking him out, but they pretend to be Jedi instead. So Luke unknowingly aids the dark side and the Empire until his friends intervene. Also I've heard Luke dies at some point.

And just to compare, this is the Phantom Menace teaser I believe.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bD7bpG-zDJQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Force Awakens seems a lot grittier. Love that.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I want more. I want more NOW.

18. downbytheriver

Star trek is so boring. Watched the last 2 movies and couldn't get into it. It's like all those superhero movies I find boring but ya ' ll rave about. Star wars, always liked it. It's just more poetic

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Wasn't a big fan of the original star trek. They were kind of before my time anyway.

But I love the reboot.

I hope JJ Abrams doesn't stray too much from the original spirit of Star Wars

20. 713

713 Member

Who knows if Emporer Palpatine is truly dead. Andy Serkis has a huge resemblance to him. This is a universe full of cyborgs and Force ghosts. There are many, many ways he could return.