1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

hwut?

who are you, oprah winfrey?

2. NotChandlerParsons

Yeah. There appears to be very little discipline. In teams that do run successful motion offenses they are so much better at screening both on and off the ball and cutting constantly, along with more complex wrinkles. We kind of saw the beginnings of that before Dwight got here but adding his post-ups into it has ground that to the halt.

I wonder who is in charge of that. Chris Finch was supposedly taking a lot of the corner offense and using it in RGV, and he's supposed to be the "offensive" guy I guess, you'll sometimes see him drawing up plays instead of McHale. Whoever is isn't doing a very good job.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ahh yes, jtr's equally aggressive partner here in stomping out the mchale critics. as already explained i am not commenting on his situation, and for the record i actually feel for his loss. but taking out his situation on this forum by repeatedly berating posters with "stupid" "idiot" "ignorant" etc day after day is simply not acceptable. making up stories is also a no-no. and when i brought this up it was in reply to a sincere/thoughtful/infrequent poster here getting trolled by jtr just the same as the many others before him.

regarding mchale, i like him as the player, the tv commentator, the person. i would like him as a coach if it was for an opposing team.

regarding you, i've already told you last season you were the biggest offender in this thread when it came to unwarranted personal attacks. you have absolutely no business sermoning anyone here.

4. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

"my wife died, i can be a dick because of that!"?

nah breh, world don't work that way.

5. imaginedragons

During a late game time out in last night's game, the camera showed Mchale trying to draw up a play and Harden beside him not even looking at the white board with a disinterested expression, then looking over at Bickerstaff with a "what the hell is this guy (pointing to Mchale) drawing up, is it a good play?"

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Oh WOW!

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

So the people who have always known Mchale is a dud are morons but now that you are realizing it you are smart I guess. Makes about as much sence as not firing Mchale this past summer, lol.

8. Jt29

Jt29 Member

All i can say is coach DOES make a difference. Paging to all mchale homers....

Look no further than the Bucks right now, the team thats supposed to be the bottom rank dweller. Then insert Kidd, boom! Mid rank in the east...

1 person likes this.
  9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

So True!

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Lol. Pretty much.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Jabari Parker says hi.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Parker only just started playing well and when a rookie breaks out of his shell part of that has to go to the coach.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Cheke64 says hi.

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

bwhahahaha, how many times did JVG goe past the 1st round of the playoff's here in Houston with Tracy and Yao? Did you see how we got humiliated against Dallas when dam near everybody got mad at Tracy for laughing on the sideline? Why didn't Jeff make the necessary adjustments then ComitsWin?

Now as far as McHale is concerned, he has to be able to get the best out of every player on his team. He has to find away to draw up better plays coming out of timeouts and down the stretch in close games. Against the Warriors he went away from what got him the lead at halftime. Did his players say F him, we are going to run what we want to run. Why do we have to shoot some many darn 3 pointers? Why can't we run conventional plays that will get us better mid range shots? Last night against the Lakers I know he seen the Lakers had Hill running out to trap Harden. So why not call timeout and draw up a play with Harden moving without the ball instead standing stationary demanding the ball? Have Harden coming off multiple picks or something.

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I'm sure a coach does make a difference, but referencing Jason ****ing Kidd as your example is a joke.

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I wouldn't say he "only just started playing well." He's on my fantasy team, so I know w/ certainty he's had several very strong games sprinkled throughout the start of the season. He's inconsistent, as all rookies are -- but he is shooting worlds better the last 2 games or so.

Not taking anything from Kidd, but "insert Kidd -- boom!" (to me) doesn't account for the other factors that have improved their squad so far this season, like Jabari, having Sanders & Ilyasova back and healthy, Mayo back in shape, etc.

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

No you didn't get my drift. No matter what the opposing threw at them, they couldn't be stopped. LMA was sizzling hot, even when McHale did put either Howard or Asik on him, he was still hitting insane shots. We can always post some GIF's of him LMA hitting some amazing shots on either Asik or Howard.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

True I agree.

19. Ghost_of_Akeem

Great coaches don't just grow on trees. If we fire milk hair who are we going to replace him with? And is his replacement really going to make a big difference in the W/L column?

I do agree that McHale is average to subpar coach, at his best he's a tolerable sufferance. But in the end the NBA is still a player driven league, the stars are the ones making the big money and they have more say over who wins and who loses than the coaches do.

Harden and Howard need to start living up to their superstar image, neither guy is lighting the world on fire this year. They look the same as last year which won't be enough to get it done, if neither guy can take their game up another notch then we're cooked no matter what McHale or other joker we have calling the plays.

20. i3artow i3aller

Things could be worse.
    <iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/OJJEH1HKT09/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>