1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMZ] Dwight Howard Now Under Criminal Investigation for Child Abuse

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Nov 18, 2014.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The doc aired on the 12th at night.....first tmz report was on the 16th...She could have leaked it out on the 13th and it took them 2-3 days to verify everything..

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Which of his kids is this?

3. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

The one that does the Huaggggghhhhhh videos with dwight ;)

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Dwight deserves this grief for banging an obnoxious chick like that.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You seriously think this was about ruining some cable movie premiere, rather than their custody battle? Come on.

6. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Dwight bangs too many. He has like 8 baby mommas. I had coworker that slept with Dwight. She said "homeboy was a beast in the sheets, even though he acts like a kid". That coworker was a total groupie...she went out with Drake too. Dwight's little kid act has gotten old, especially when you consider all these grown up issues he needs to deal with.

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

If I was a "beast in the sheets" and had Dwight's fame, it would be hard to not bang as much as possible. That's why we have condoms though.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Well it's all connected, isn't it? The documentary makes him look like this great guy, who's misunderstood and just wants to live a happy life. Someone who loves life and the people around him. That would only help a custody battle, so she needed to bring him back down.

9. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

http://youtu.be/uVDNNoEk4PI

Try it this way next time, Dwight.

10. New

He did not whip with the belt. He whipped with the belt buckle.

11. KlutchQT

So says Royce. Dwight admitted to hitting him with a belt -- I haven't seen anywhere that he admitted to beating the kid with the buckle of the belt.

I caught the buckle end of the belt before as a kid, but on accident... not like my parents set out to do it. I guess that's the risk you run when you employ corporal punishment, though.

12. theangrycanary

am i on crazy pills? when did spanking kids become child abuse? this is all getting ridiculous.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Ding.

14. SexyButIgnorant

C'mon Dwight. If you're gonna abuse your children, you have to make sure to attack the bottom of their feet. No one checks the bottom of their feet.

But seriously, I got spanked with a belt when I was a kid, it's nothing too serious. Sure taught me not to be an idiot again.

15. New

The doctor report says that...

The case file from the DCF, obtained by TMZ, explained the findings of the doctor who examined Howard’s son, Braylon:
    “Dr. Kesler noted Braylon to have a linear bruise and patterned abrasions consistent with the history given by Braylon of being struck with a belt numerous times by his father.”
    The injuries, the report reads, are “consistent with Braylon being struck with the buckle end of the belt … with excessive force, resulting in soft tissue injuries such as bruising and abrasions,” and were “consistent with a medical diagnosis of physical abuse.”

http://nypost.com/2014/11/18/dwight-howard-in-belt-buckle-child-abuse-probe/

16. KlutchQT

^^ I read that. And I hate that I probably sound like a battered woman or something -- but like I said, I've caught the buckle before on accident. And yeah, it hurt like hell and left a mark. But my parents never set out to whip me with the buckle end of the belt as the weapon of choice. Maybe I'm just in denial, but it just seems odd to me that Florida would have closed its investigation if there was evidence that Dwight went that far.

Sort of O/T, the fact that I'm so uncomfortable even typing some of this tells me I might take a different tack with my own kids, if I ever have any.

17. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

wait...is the post really credible with this news?

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'm okay with spanking kids, I got paddled plenty of times when I was a kid, but never to the point have having bruises and welts. If you're causing physical injuries then I would say that qualifies as abuse.

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Dwight's a good guy with good intentions but this is going to seriously hurt the team if he has to go to court on and off like Kobe did. It's funny how a simple case can be turned into a prolonged epic NBA season destroying series when it involves celebrities. Dwight could easily just play a simple fine or whatever and not admit to such a thing but wow.....

20. Exiled

Exiled Member

Dwight political tweets got him in trouble... I don't think the child indecent would be magnified this much