1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible Free Agent Power forwards

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 17, 2014.

1. cml750

cml750 Member

Are you serious?????:confused: I can't imagine why anyone would ever want #BeWell again.

2. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Seriously though how does Royce not have a job at all? Even overseas? Like what is he doing with his life? I know I could make the best of a bad situation for even 100k a year much less a nba min contract.

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i assume this thread isnt serious so im not gonna be serious. i said "see if he can make a game" cmon lol

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

almost thought you were not #Be(ing) well enough

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Are we seriously bringing up guys like Al Harrington? You're better off bringing back Jeff Adrien and eating a million dollars off of the cap next year for Dorsey's contract.

That being said, Jones will be back eventually this season, and the Rockets aren't going to be playing the Grizzlies every game this year. They will be fine.

Knee jerk to say the least... geezus.

I'm sure Morey will work the trade hotline this year for multiple upgrades both short term and long term. Not saying something is IMMINENT, but we know he's going to be active. Point being... there is no reason to hurt your trade position right now by making a knee jerk move in November before you know what is going to open up and be gift wrapped for the Rockets in a few weeks.

Sit tight.

6. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I'd be taking a look at both Jermaine O'Neal and Rashard Lewis (should be healthy soon).

I would cut Dorsey and Black in a heartbeat to bring those two in.

7. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Had no idea Ayon is out of the league, I wonder if Real offered him a good amount of money.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Of the OP's list I would favor Harrington, but I would also be interested in seeing what O'Neal might still have in the tank. he contributed to GSW, he used to be able to score and he also is a decent shotblocker which would help protect Howard.

My guess is that the Rockets would value (possibly overvalue) a stretch 4 with outside shooting abilities. Since we can not shoot too many 3's...

9. Asian Sensation

Pig Miller?

1 person likes this.
  10. studogg

yeah, but o'neal gives you a backup five which is a need too. he can also play the four spot some, so he covers two needs. That's why i think they'll be looking at O'Neal and Rashard Lewis. O'Neal, Lewis, Howard, Jones is a nice rotation of bigs to roll with.

11. agslai

agslai Contributing Member

I thought Rashard Lewis signed with the MAVs in early free agency, then announced his surgery. Was he cut?

12. studogg

he failed the physical and needed surgery. currently recovering. dallas voided the contract.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Best bet at this point. He wouldn't have any ills towards the Rox organization and play his role well.

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

O'Neal is a million times better than Lewis. The games against GSW last season emphasizes this point.

15. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

Why did we sign Dorsey and then keep black? they are basically the same player, high energy, can't shoot or score..

And for a team that loves to shoot 30+ three's a game it confuses me on why we signed two PF/C that can't score AT ALL..

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

speaking of which, few months ago i searched on youtube for a clip of him playing w/ toothpick in mouth but could not find anything!

17. finsraider

finsraider Member

My preferred option is Brandon Bass into the Lin TPE for a 2nd round pick. Useful player and expiring contract.

Beverley / Terry
    Harden / Canaan
    Ariza / Papanikolaou
    Bass / DMo
    Howard / Black

then when TJones comes back

Beverley / Terry
    Harden / Canaan
    Ariza / Papanikolaou
    TJones / Bass
    Howard / DMo

18. Fantasma Negro

Why did we sign Joey Dorsey and then let DMo guard Zach Randolph?

19. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

20. Zergling

Zergling Member

Can we trade for Ryan Anderson already?