1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guess KD isn't coming here. Talking mad trash at Dwight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
  1. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

When I talk about Dwight playing with an edge a lot of it has to with how he carries himself, an "I won't take no ones ****" type of presence. I realize that Dwight has a "happy go lucky" type of personality for the most part and may never develop the edge a lot of the greats played with.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I would take Durant on this team, of course. But I also really don't care for his tough guy act.

But the whole "incident" last night is so overblown.

If you just read the online reaction and didn't watch the video, you would think that Dwight and Beverley were punching fans and biting players' ears off.

For a while we've realized that people really dislike Bev and Dwight and it just takes a minor incident to bring it all out.

3. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Dallas espn radio just mentioned this exchange on air. Guys on there saying D12 one of the most hated guys in the league and wrecks organizations. Ended the spot with "houston you overpaid for nothing". Lol wish I could text them a pic of parsons laughing and sitting on stacks of cash

4. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Who cares. Everybody talks ****. To me unlike the nfl, most of the superstars are close friends who chill anytime they get the chance.. If you look off the court half of the superstars are chillin with eachother whenever they can. At the all star games the stars act like there having a weekend long party with eachother eachother lol.

I say stuff like that everytime I play basketball with my friends. If I was in the nba I would talk so much ****. I would get excited to play kg just to get in a **** talking match with him. I find that stuff funny. People just need to chill when people see stuff like that. I would pay money to have a channel that had microphones on nfl and nba players so I could laugh at all the **** they say

5. sabesque

sabesque Member

The level of dwight hate is so unwarranted, its crazy.

Compare the love for Boogie Cousins and the hate for Dwight right now. Love boogie because hes a "bad guy", hate Dwight because they think he laughs and jokes too much.

The reality is, Boogie's attitude hasn't made him more dominant than Dwight between the buzzers.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Where's the video?

I have to say..that "heyyy" he screams out like 95% of the time he makes a move and there is contact..well, it doesn't help.

Dwight is the man of steel on lobs and dunks at the rim, but not anywhere else. He's still good, but that's why he gets the soft label. Players see it as easy to be tough, when it's just you and the rim.

7. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

You do realize Harden's constant head flings back to flop, right? And that isn't soft?

Man of steel? smh does anyone here consider a non HOU perspective?

8. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

And he still got hurt....

9. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Adams is dirty ass player. I love that Dwight threw him down, Dwight didn't look like a p***y then. Did KD really tweet/say that? Who the hell is Anthony Slater why does he look like Jon Holmes girlfriend?

10. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Random in-game trash talking means jack squat to me.

I would take Durant on the Rockets in a second.

And if Durant wanted to come to Houston as a FA, it would be because of his friendship with Harden first and foremost. Second probably would be the commitment of the organization to produce a winner and SPEND (unlike OKC). I don't think Howard would be an issue at all.

12. rocketblood713

I hope players keep coming at Dwight calling him soft and pu**y so it pisses him off so much he just starts beasting on a whole other level

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Aren't we digressing a little bit?

14. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

LOL! scott brooks was already next to bev before beverly even got close the the ref. he had nop business being all the way down there he was harassing the reffs as much as any other player.

15. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Internet warrior, reporting for duty!

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Huh? I basically said Dwight is soft away from the rim. How is that a Houston perspective?

Harden has nothing to do with this....BUT if you want to go there, he's shown more of an edge this year driving to the rim. Yes he has moments where he flops, but he goes through guys when he needs to. Dwight doesn't. Flopping doesn't automatically make you soft. Unfortunately, sometimes it's the smartest move to make. What matters is what you're doing the rest of the time, when it's not a smart move at all.

17. sabesque

sabesque Member

You watch that video, Diwght and KD are about a foot into the paint. That's quite a ways away from any members of the media. At a time when there is A LOT of crowd noise, it's not like KD is yelling.

Anyone else find it funny that this ONE beat writer was the only person to tweet about this?

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Durant is hyper competitive, he probably hates just about everyone(Harden included) when they are his competitor. That's just the nature of highly competitive people. I doubt Durant keeps that anger after the game though.

19. Gertso

Gertso Member

Clutchfans. Where showing affection towards your family is being a p***y.

20. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I agree - the Dwight hate is out of control. He seems to be genuinely a good guy - maybe a little goofy, but I feel like he is the kind of guy you could normally root for. However the legion of KOFs(Kobe only fans) are out to destroy Dwight's rep.