1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Karolik

Karolik Member

ironically, the trade to LA may be the reason Lin is out of the league next year. Lin fans were expecting a Lincentric offense, instead its kobe taking all the shots.

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I know I shouldn't, but I went over to the lakers forum to read the Lin thread. Seems as though the honeymoon is just about over. It's hilarious seeing the perplexed Laker fans wondering why there is so much discussion about a scrub.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I dont know if Lin will be coming off the bench or not but Byron Scott after the game said that there will be some changes coming for the next game which has Lin fans trembling in their boots. :grin:

Is Byron Scott actually McHaling Lin, marginalizing him, and destroying his confidence?

Or is he simply another racist? :eek:

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

He is just an idiot tbh.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The idiot coached the New Orleans Hornets and beat the Spurs in the playoffs and also took NJ Nets to the Finals twice.

6. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

on teams which featured jason kidd, cp3, david west, kenyon martin

now he has a bunch of scrubs and old kobe

7. coffeelover665

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aFa1A9Tzd_w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks like he really down and depressed. Seems like he's calling out Kobe but trying to be politically correct. Even Boozer was saying something along the lines of how they were trying to run offensive sets but Kobe was just so aggressive on offense. Poor dude.Got transferred from a contender to a lottery team and still can't play his brand of basketball

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

What exactly is his "brand of basketball"?

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Damn, never saw him like that before. He's at a loss for words.

10. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Pretty much what he had in Houston.

11. doggoneit

doggoneit Member

You know what, as outrageous Kobe has been shooting the ball, I truly believe Kobe believes in Lin. What he's doing out there chucking shots like there's no tomorrow is to show it first hand to Lin, that although it looks like ballhogging and chucking too many shots, it's the very mentality that Lin has to learn to be consistently aggressive. Aggressiveness is the only thing that Lin is severely inconsistent at.

The guards that rack tons of assists like CP3, Curry, Rubio are having tons of assists not because they are being passive and simply giving the ball up, but they're being aggressive and demanding the ball to make things happen.

Lin is confusing being a PG and having to pass the ball with being not aggressive. When you're not aggressive, you start thinking, and when you start thinking you start fumbling the ball, losing dribbles, clanking shots, just losing confidence overall.

From early season, Kobe has maintained that Lin is a really good player and he wants him to run plays for the team. When Kobe saw Lin was starting to be passive after a few games, he started to demand the ball mainly to show to Lin that "this is how you do it, just be aggressive, and don't worry about your critics/ your own critics". Kobe is teaching Lin by showing through his plays not necessarily through words. But because Lin has not been getting the message, the Kobe chuckathon has been going on for a few games now, and will keep going on until he gets it.

However, I get the feeling that Lin is misunderstanding the lesson Kobe is giving him... he is simply thinking that Kobe is not trusting him/ the other teammates.

I am a Lin fan, and I can say this is 80% Lin's fault for not being aggressive. You have to be aggressive and start demanding ball back after passing it. If you believe so much in team ball then confront Kobe if you think he shoots too much, that's what I think Kobe wants to see Lin demonstrate too. He's challenging Lin and Lin has so far misunderstood the message.

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

But he said that Lin couldnt play his "brand of basketball" even in Houston.

13. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Right now the ONLY thing Kobe cares about is catching up to Jordan's career points. Everything else does not matter.

That's too bad for the rest of the Lakers teammates.

14. JazzLakerHater

The Spurs beat the Hornets in a seven game series in 2008. The closest CP3 has gotten to a conference finals.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Kobe is going to destroy his legacy this season. He's always been seen as selfish, but within the context of winning basketball he's made it work. Now that they can't win, he's going to take MORE shots? This would be a great time for him to re-invent himself by upping his assists, his defense, his mentorship of other players on and off the court.

Lakers are more talented than their record indicates. They're certainly not going to make the playoffs, but their roster is good enough to be 10th seed. Boozer, Hill, Lin and Johnson are good starters.

Lin could be really developing on the Lakers IMO. Running pick n roll all day with Hill and Boozer, Lin could be dropping 18ppg easily. Kobe just isn't having it though.

16. dback816

dback816 Member

Yea and the great Coach of the Year Mike Brown took an awful Cleveland team with only one star to the finals :rolleyes:

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yeah, my bad. Not sure why thought hornets won the series. Now I remember Chris Paul choking in game 7.

Byron Scott isnt a great coach. But he isnt a terrible coach either as was suggested. He has had success notably turning the Hornets and Nets around.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I actually feel for Lin in this instance. Kobe has balls of steel. Even MJ would never have been so hellbent about shooting his team out of games night after night and alienating his teammates in such a way. To keep it up like that is pretty respectable imo, even though it has the hallmark of a sociopath that lacks complete empathy for others outside of himself.

20. baubo

baubo Member

I just skimmed that thread. I think over 90% of the posts were from posters who signed up after July of this year. I think regular Lakers fans don’t really give a damn about him.