1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Injury Update] Beverley and Jones out for at least a week 11/7/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Nov 7, 2014.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Both Terrence Jones, Patrick Beverley are out a week and will be reevaluated then, per a Rockets release. GSW game tomorrow will be tough.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/530843181919653888">November 7, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Terrence Jones (Peroneal nerve contusion) &amp; Patrick Beverley (Strained left hamstring) will be out a week &amp; reevaluated at that time.</p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/530850328082518016">November 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

And guys and gals, it's PERONEAL, not PERINEAL :grin:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets announce Pat Beverley (hamstring) and Terrence Jones (Perineal nerve contusion) both out for one week, reevaluated at that time.</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/530842903888031745">November 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets forward Terrence Jones (perineal nerve contusion), gd
    Patrick Beverley (strained left hamstring) are out Saturday against Warriors.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/530842669396660224">November 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets forward Terrence Jones out w/ a peroneal nerve injury. Rockets corrected initial anouncement. Either way, to be reevaluated in a wk.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/530847349887602688">November 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

1 person likes this.
  2. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I like Bev, but we have to reevaluate the PG position. I don't trust him as far as health. Canaan is to experienced.

3. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

This will be a major test for us, more concerned about TJones. With Canaan and JET I feel comfortable at PG.

4. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Bummer. Curry and Klay are going to have their way with the way they've been playing.

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I'm concerned about both. Will beverly's injury be a concern for the future? I also feel Papa is doing great as a back up pf sf. Making tjones or dmo more expendable.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Papa absolutely has to start, DMo will be more of a detriment than anything

7. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

The two weakest positions on the team now sustain an injury to the starters

8. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Time to boost Canaan and dmo trade value?

9. Spooner

Spooner Member

Better than the two strongest no?

10. bongman

bongman Member

Injuries are never welcomed for any team. But if it happens, we all prefer that it does early in the season and a good 6-0 buffer to work with. Pops never worried about regular season record as long as they make the playoffs healthy.

In my glass half full lenses, this will give the backups more playing time and experience which we all agree needs to get better.

11. Rokman

Rokman Member

Well I would rather it be them than Howard, Harden or Ariza. The drop off in production from their backups is staggering vs the PG and PF positions

12. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Time for Papa to be a starter and Garcia to just play defense on that second unit at SF a bit.

13. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Let's see if Dmo will throw yet another chance for more minutes out the window.

Really wish we still had AB.

Gonna be a tough one tomorrow. Glad the starters got a lot of rest last night

14. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Worried about the TJ injury. Cannan has really stepped up his game and with Jet as a backup doesn't seem too bad. I'm just not sure about DMO, we need a big game from him.

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

As Clyde would say, Jones is a perineal All Star.

16. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

What I found online about TJ injury - seems like it could be a while til he is back depending on severity:

http://www.summitidg.org/peroneal-nerve-contusion/

17. LandryMegaBeast

im so confused when did this happen to tjones. was it during the game or practice because he's just been out now and i have no idea why

18. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Is this a week from tomorrow or continuing from when they been out.

19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I personally do not worry about the Jones injury. The PF position has pretty much been relegated to the back burner by the Rockets staff for a couple of seasons. And I do trust D-Mo to hold it down on the defensive end.

Losing a guard however is important. Especially when facing Curry on Saturday night. Nothing would please me more than seeing Bev all up in Curry's grill for an entire game. The Rockets wings and Howard are currently powering this team. However, GS will be without Lee, their best defensive big. We will see.

20. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Lee is terrible defensively