1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Miracles Boys33, Nov 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kXdMAXaMicc?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NY Daily News"When aspiring actress Shoshana Roberts was filmed walking around New York City for 10 hours, she was hit with 108 catcalls. When model Nicola Simpson participated in the same experiment in Auckland, New Zealand, two men spoke to her — and one of them was asking for directions. The New Zealand Herald recreated Hollaback! and Rob Bliss Creative’s viral video and used a hidden camera to see how people on the street would react to Simpson. The video shows some men doing a double take when she walks by, and others let their gazes linger.

According to the paper, the man who approached her “asked if she is Italian and that she looks nice … He sounds European and apologizes for stopping her.” Italian filmmakers reproduced the video in Rome as well but the final result was similar to the “10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman” clip. In their version, 26-year-old Rachel Brancatisano was catcalled by men more than 100 times, IBTimes UK reported. The original video, which is a PSA for anti-street harassment nonprofit Hollaback!, has more than 33.1 million views on YouTube. It has sparked a heated debate about gender, catcalling and race."

So let’s just get it out of the way that this Kiwi chick is hotter than the chick in the original video.

NYC woman.
    [​IMG]

New Zealand woman.
    [​IMG]

Hooray for boobs, but the New Zealand girl is 1000x hotter. So you know what her not ever getting cat called in this video tells me? That New Zealand is full of dudes who are wussies. And that this is why the US is a superpower and New Zealand isn’t. Right here. Like sure, the natural resources and military and stuff help or whatever but this is the big reason. Because we have the testicular fortitude to talk to/yell compliments at hot chicks when we see them in the streets whether they actually are interested in what we have to say or not.

I’m not saying every guy should be out there catcalling and creeping out every girl that walks by them. Just that it’s encouraging to know that guys that have a terrible batting average when it comes to picking up women are out there trying anyway. Playing the volume game. So that even if you’re some homeless bum living in a gutter you’ll still take a shot at a big tittied soft 5 that passes by because the country line on your birth certificate reads US of mother****in A. That’s indomitable American spirit right there.

We’re still the land of opportunity. And everybody deserves a shot at the American dream. It doesn’t matter if that dream is climbing the corporate ladder or owning a home. It could be juggling that Shoshana chick’s yabos or getting intimate with some model from New Zealand while chuckling along to an episode of Flight of the Conchords. You’ve just gotta have the cajones to go for it. Obviously this social experiment just proves Americans have balls in spades and these Kiwis don’t. They’re too impotent to even get their heads up to eye **** this smoke walking by them. That’s why America’s got the right stuff and New Zealand is probably going the way of the dodo.

P.S. Are Bret and Jemaine from Flight of the Conchords perfect representations of all dudes from New Zealand? Like I thought they were doing a bit where they were scared of women and now I just think that’s their entire male population
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9Wl_uQOABxg?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. VanityHalfBlack

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5hfYJsQAhl0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. VanityHalfBlack

i3artow i3aller might be the dumbest poster on clutchfans.

1 person likes this.
  4. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

I'm not even looking at her face in the second picture. :p Perhaps you can put up more comparative images. It's the same issue, but in reverse, with the experiments in the videos, eh?

1 person likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9ABAmEl6_Yg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I guess . . she is in the top three best looking women on the street . . . .depending on the street

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The population density in Auckland is a far cry from that in Rome or New York, but it's still pretty interesting.

7. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J7QNw1LRJv4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's a pronounced difference in what the NY woman was wearing and the New Zealand woman is wearing. They both dressed to get the desired outcome of their video. The New York woman wanted attention and dressed in MUCH tighter fitting clothes to show her body off, the New Zealand woman didn't want to draw attention so she dressed in more normal looser fitting clothes that don't show off her figure.

The New Zealand woman was more attractive than the NY woman, but she wasn't dressed inviting attenton so she got less of it.

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

You know for a fact she was dressing to get attention huh. How so?
    Good to know a t-shirt and jeans are considered attention gathering clothing in your world.

10. ferrari77

Perhaps you should create some jeans for curvy girls that fit them in a way that's not too tight(unlike almost every pair of jeans out there that girls with curves can buy). So they don't wear their normal pair of jeans and "troll" guys with them.
    You do know the issue isn't so much the guys that just say hi or hello right?

11. Andrew Wiggins

To ignore i3artow i3aller or not to ignore. That is the question.

1 person likes this.
  12. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Are we really comparing Auckland to NY City [​IMG]

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Because I'm not r****ded.

If you can't tell the difference between this

[​IMG]

and this
    [​IMG]

Then I can't help you.

One is wearing the tightest possible jeans and T shirt to show off her figure, the other is dressed in loose clothes that don't show off her figure.

The goal of the woman at the top was to make propaganda showing how horrible men are to women so that people will donate money to them, the goal of the woman at the bottom was to show that those things don't happen in New Zealand. Their choice of clothing was all it took to change the results.

14. downbytheriver

plus, one is curvy and not so intelligent looking

the other is skinny , with a hidden figure, and looks much more refined which intimidates men. i guarantee if that woman took the same route in nyc she would barely be harassed.

you are spot on sir. so many variables, adjusted perfectly to have a polar opposite result

15. ferrari77

Don't forget to mention that you're also a ladies wear sales associate right?

The fact that you just say outright that she is wearing the "tightest possible" jeans and t-shirt either shows you're reaching or you have no idea wtf you're talking about/have never dated or been with a girl with curves worth a damn.

A curvy girl can make some of the loosest jeans as tight as possible. Trust me, if that chick in the video wanted to wear "the tightest jeans possible", she could have and does in the video are not those jeans.

Regardless, i'll go from my experience with ladies. It doesn't matter what most of them wear. They can wear the loosest or the tightest clothing, they still get unwanted catcalls. You can keep on with your "tightest jeans and t-shirt" argument, from what I know and have seen with other chicks, the catcalls happens regardless of attire(and obviously definitely when certain tighter attire is worn).

16. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

http://youtu.be/mgw6y3cH7tA

Evidence to the contrary.

18. XxShadyPinkxX

XxShadyPinkxX Contributing Member

Wow - you're an idiot. So the solution for women to feel safe walking the streets regardless of what they are wearing is to find a husband and stay locked up in the house?

Your co-workers probably think you're hitting on them cause you give off that creep vibe.

19. ferrari77

Christ wept.
    That's your evidence to the contrary? Are you that daft?

Firstly I like how you ignore the first half of the video. Aren't you gonna wax poetic about how she is wearing "the tightest possible shirt and pants"?

Secondly, so the solution is for women in America to wear Hijabs? Well why didn't you just say so. That's a great solution...as long as they don't go to certain countries in the middle east and definitely in North Africa, then that works. :rolleyes:

Just stop please. Go on with your daily life believing it's only women that wear tight clothing that get harassed and maybe one day you can front the committee to "stop women wearing tight clothing so they won't be harassed".
    All will be well then I'm sure.

20. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member