1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

rank the 5 best centers in the league

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by downbytheriver, Nov 6, 2014.

1. dream2franchise

Right now, with no particular ranking I'd place Dwight, Cousins, M.Gasol, Big Al and Joakim Noah.

None of these guys do everything better than the next. Marc and Noah are easily the best passers, Dwight is the best rebounder, defender and finisher, Cousins has the best all-round offensive game but Big Al is a beast in the post. So crafty.

2. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I haven't watched the Grizz play this season yet, but he's lighting it up across the board on my fantasy team. FWIW, Rotowire touts him as a dark horse MVP candidate.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Anyone but Joe kim No Ah

he a shet

4. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

How does anyone put Vucevic in the top five cents in the league? Compared on what criteria? Heck I'd put Gortat ahead of him and he's certainly not to five

5. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

1. Anthony Davis
    2. DeMarcus Cousins
    3. Marc Gasol
    4. Dwight Howard
    5. Marcin Gortat

6. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

How does anyone put Vucevic in the top five centers in the league? Based on what criteria? Heck I'd put Gortat ahead of him and he's certainly not top five in any category.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Dwight Howard would not have any of those Kings teams in the playoffs.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

I disagree. A healthy Dwight would get that team a playoff spot. He's a game changer on both ends. Cousins has yet to prove he makes anyone better. He just puts up numbers and gets his. Plus his attitude has been pretty terrible as well. It may change this year well just have to wait and see. Still have a long ways to go but he's off to a good start. Let see what happens when they drop a few games

9. whozee

whozee Member

Go back 20 years, 1994 top 5 centers= WOW!

Current, 2014 top 5 centers= Meh..

lol, I feel old...

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Dwight and Marc are so much better than anyone else, those 2 are different types of players, saying why doesn't Marc get rebounds is like saying why doesn't Dwight shoot jumpers.

Noah is like the hero of the least, who got drastically overrated because his team's crappiness was bolstered by the rest of the conference. Davis, even if you want to count him as a center is still so incredibly raw defensively (its blocks and nothing else), and offensively he's a bit of a score by volume player right now (he has great stat keepers padding his stats with imaginary blocks in new orleans though).

#50 Aleron, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  11. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Go back 20 years, 1994 top 5 PG = meh
    Just check out the all star PG for that year, BJ armstrong, Mark Price, Mookie Blaylock, John Stockton, Kevin Johnson and Gary Payton.

Current top 5 PG = WOW!

Game have shifted from a big man game to a guard game.

12. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Not even in the scope of conversation. VanityHalfBlack strikes out again.

Back to the original question.

I'd rank the top centers:

1) Dwight
    2) Davis
    3) Cousins
    4) and the rest....

13. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Not in order:

D12
    Boogie
    Gasol
    Noah
    Big Al

Most of us place these guys in the top 5. I'm impressed with how Cousins improved. Coach K and Team USA influenced him well.

14. mcrevolt

mcrevolt Member

What about bogut? he can pass and play defence and has about the same stats as Noah in the west where the real teams are, he should be in the conversation. Hibbert and Jefferson are one trick ponies

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

if you're out more than you play then no he's not in the conversation. anyone who doesn't consider noah a top center in the league doesn't realize the affect he has on the game.

16. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

Jefferson averaged 22 & 11 last year, which one is that one trick you speak of?