1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Throttle

Throttle Member

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I remember when there were legitimate discussions about how the Rockets couldn't afford to let Lin go due to the revenue he generates.

3. Throttle

Throttle Member

if a team just wants sales revenue by any means, then maybe Lin is worth more than his "correct" salary... in many sports teams globally, most dont win championships but dont mind have a "media personality" or 2 just for ticket n jersey sales... for rox to trade away Lin with a pick was an obvious sign either his out of court sales value wasnt enough, or rox actually are serious to try n get a ring...

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Just terrible, 0 FGs made, 6 assists, 5 TOs...

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

You don't say

6. baubo

baubo Member

The difference between sports outside American and sports in America is that sports IN America has revenue sharing.

7. doggoneit

doggoneit Member

[​IMG]

Can you all haters chill out? I'm just starting to get warmed up. Me and Kobe are still feeling each other's game out. LeBron had an 8 TO game, Ronda had a 4 pt game, so shut up, you don't want to make me angry.

8. Cypress

Cypress Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Poor poor pitiful you, let me get my violin out.

10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I wouldn't want you to have to put the hair doll down but thanks for the offer

11. Neped

Neped Member

Sorry to say all that so called work he said did in the off season seemed to be a waste, like practicing his lateral movements, floaters and 3's(in which he says he wants to be deadly at). He still looks scared and timid when he plays. How can you be good at anything if you are afraid to shoot the ball.

12. VanityHalfBlack

Perspective: Lillard shot 4-18 27% from the field. You can thank the Golden State Warriors for that and that's without David Lee. Golden State Warriors are the dark horse to go deep in the post season. Lin has been sucking this season but give credit to the Warriors and Rockets for manhandling their opposition.

13. Razsan

Razsan Member

You're right, after Damian Lillard (11 of 41???) he's probably having the worst start of any of the good PG's. I look for both to bounce back in their next game.

14. King1

The difference is Damian Lillard has actually shown he is a quality NBA player. Lin, lol

15. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Lin has shown numerous flashes in the past. Whether he will succeed, I am doubtful, but who knows.

His defense is much much better than when he was in NY. He just had to put it together on offense. Easier said than done.

16. King1

I completely dismiss the NY run on a standard to hold him to so we'll take that out of the equation. JR smith has had flashes where he looks like he has the potential to be the best SG in the NBA. Same with Jamal Crawford and those guys are way more talented then Lin. The bad always outweighs the good with Jeremy. We watched it for two years here. The excuses manifested and we were told "give him a fresh start to run an offense", ect...Well he has that now and he looks worse then he did here. He just isn't good. There's no other way to put it. If he's a Von Wafer type guy off the bench then nobody would be saying a word but for some reason people have it in their minds that a guy who not only played a full 4 years in college but also 4 years in the NBA has some untapped upside. It's absurd.

He's still not a good defensive player. He's a solid help defender and rotates well but he's terrible on the ball.

17. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Oh, the potential is tapped. He just has very little control over the spigot.

He's not good on the ball, but he could rise to the level of average. All he has to do is incorporate the little cheats (e.g. grabbing the guy briefly to slow him down while hiding that you are doing it) that guys like Bev and CP3 do when they get blown by. He either can't do it or gets caught. Sticking those in there would make a big difference.

18. King1

I think he'll always be below average on ball because he isn't quick enough laterally and to get away with that stuff you have to have a rep as a tough nosed defender and Lin will never have that. The rules are obviously conducive to the offensive side of the ball which is why good defensive guys like Thabo, Tony Allen, ect...are held at a premium despite being limited offensively. That said, there is a lot to be said for being a solid team defender as a bench guy and he is that. It's what makes his low bball IQ on offense so strange because normally that would translate into him being completely lost as a help defender and that obviously isn't the case

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lillard killed the Rockets in the playoffs last year, just like Lin

2 people like this.
  20. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Just like Harden and McHale too.
    On the other hand DH carried us similar to how McGrady did vs Dallas years ago:grin: