1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 10/29/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 29, 2014.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Glad the Rockets got the win.

I'm a little concerned with our interior defense when Howard is on the bench. Utah was able to score in the middle pretty easily when Howard wasn't in the game. We don't have someone who's capable of clogging up the lane like we did last year. That could come back to haunt us.

Harden is putting forth more of an effort on defense this year for sure. He isn't always successful at making his stops, but the effort is so much improved that it will definitely pay in the long run.

Papa seems to have made quick adjustments and seems to really play within the flow of the game, and did well to capitalize. He knew when he made mistakes and I like the way he fits with this team.

Ariza is making my doubts about him before the season look foolish. He's so hot shooting right now, that it can't last at that same level the whole year. I just hope that when the eventual slump does hit, all the fans will remember what he's been capable of so far.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

did we actually see Harden take a charge last night:cool:. that might be the first time i've seen it since he's been in houston

3. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Was Ariza guarding Hayward all night?

4. bongman

bongman Member

Solid game for the Rockets. Everything seems to be trending up with the exception of TO's as we had 18 last night. I will gladly sacrifice a slight down tick on our APG so that we can keep our TO's below 12/game.

5. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

A few of those TOs came from bad offensive foul calls against the Rox. 2 against Harden and a couple against D12. The team besides Harden/D12 only had 6 TOs last night. It seemed as though the officials were calling Howard/D12 a little harder last night. I mean Adam Silver was at the game last night so that could make the refs call a tougher game.

6. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

I didn't look to see if anyone mentioned it earlier, but I was impressed that Rockets, on road B2B, in the altitude in Utah, that we were able to shoot 51.9% from the field for the game...THAT'S extremely impressive.

7. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Dwight is simply an incredible player when he is locked in and focused. If he maintains his composure in the playoffs, the sky is the limit.

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

He simply can't be defended 1 on 1.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/OMtpzhMOQuP/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

He had 6 last year according to hoopsmanifesto.com. I remember at least a couple.

11. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

we definitely need some of them white folks here in Houston... especially at fast food places and every retail stores.

12. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Salt Lake City hasn't been culturally enriched.

13. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Just watched the game, and jeez the Jazz commentators are terrible. I thought our trio was bad.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I've noticed he's sliding under the roll man, which will give up the open jumper if the guy is quick enough, but open jumper with chance of charge is much better than open dunk.

15. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I actually didn't mind the Jazz commentators (that were hosting via League Pass).
    Good start to the season being 2&0.
    But DAMN I think we're lucky having come up again weak opposition.
    Our bench is ordinary and Black is not the same player he was in pre-season. DMO is average at best. And I think Papa is way overrated. Yes some nice 3 pointers, but he had 20 yards space with zero pressure. His runs through the key were awful.
    I would rather see Johnson get some minutes.
    Ariza has been a great signing and Terry has also been good.

16. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Matt Harpering SUCKED!!!!!!

He was more annoying than Sean Elliott... And that takes a lot of work to be that freaking bad...

T_Man

17. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Why out of interest?
    Maybe I had a different take given Exum and Ingles are with the Jazz, but I liked how they were optimistic about the development and youth in their side (without being arrogant like many other home commentators are).
    I thought they were respectful to the Rockets (incorrect about a few things) but overall didn't put us down like most of the rest of the media outside Houston.

18. kingjosh

kingjosh Member

"Alec Burks is nearly an elite two guard".

Then my personal favorite,

"blah blah blah favors has better stats than dwight, and is 5 years younger"

*refers to selective, arbitary stats*

"omg look at the potential".

Harping is hands down the worst commentator i have ever had to sit through. Unfortunately bullard/clyde combination is a close second.