1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Kobe knows his teams not gonna make the playoffs so his mission is to pass Michael Jordan in scoring.

2. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Correct sir ! I hope they stink up the joint and blow completely. Unless they return of course !

(exception: NEVER want to see JL in a Rockets jersey again...period. )

3. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

In all seriousness (I think we can put the trolling to rest since it has been two major wake up calls for the Lin Only Fans), I am interested to see how Lin turns out with this team. I don't think he will be this bad for the entire season, seems like they are still trying to figure stuff out.

Lin is mentally weak, and his horrendous lapse when he has unforced turn overs make him look like a scrub, but I think he could improve if Nash and Kobe can whip him into a better player mentally.

I do like his unselfishness and willingness to sacrifice for the team, but he lacks tenacity

Morey made the right call to trade him, Lin is not the type of player you would feel confident to give the ball to on a championship team, he lacks consistencies. If you average out everything, Lin is perhaps a better player than Bev in terms of scoring, making plays, or getting to the rim, but Bev gives you that consistency and doesnt take anything away from Harden.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Man Chris Baldwin at Culture Map is such a hack. I seriously can't believe how bad his writing is.

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I am looking for the video of " Jeremy Lin helps the Suns to crush the Lakers",

anyone got a link for that?

Thanks in advance.

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The comments on that insane article. Wow. There is absolutely no better example of blind faith. I wonder how some so easily ignore reality.

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Watching Lin playing in Lakers is just like watching Sharknado,

well, you know its going to be a very bad movie, but you still enjoy to watch it because you want to find out how worse it could be, and meanwhile keep laughing at it.

1 person likes this.
  9. chenjy9

Supporting Member

With Lin, it really has nothing to do with basketball anymore IMO. It's become a cult and Lin is the cult's idol basically. If Lin was white or black, he would have probably a tenth of his overall fan base. If Linsanity never happened, I feel he would be a lot better player today than the one he became. Just my personal opinion of course. Sometimes, when you burn too bright, you just simply flame out.

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

11. FeaR

FeaR Member

I hadn't seen it. :grin: unbelievable trolling, the comments are ... :eek:

12. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Umm.... Ok? :confused:

13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The way I see about Chris Baldwin : he could be the biggest LOH in this world.

His article actually can sink into a lots of the LOF's minds and he has a huge group of LOF followers, even in China.

Its very hard to write things which completely ignore any logical and rational thinking and still have such large group of followers.

It takes skills.

14. FeaR

FeaR Member

Yeah but does he write serious articles(and Lin fun stuff like that) or his only job is trolling ?

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Well, he claims in his website : "He won six national Associated Press Sports Editor awards in six years at the Asbury Park Press (NJ) before moving into the online world".

If this is the truth, I think we should really think about to treat his site and articles being just another oinion news type.

16. PatBeverleyFan

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

There is a Lin fan there, so insane, he is using my clutchfans name and posting racist **** in the comment section. It's like they are trying to make this victim thing into reality.

These people are ****ing crazy.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

https://twitter.com/markg_medina/status/527933677301272577

Kobe says that wants Lin to be more aggressive and take charge because Kobe is not like those ball dominant assholes (Melo and Harden) that Lin used to play with.

Dwight Howard be like...

[​IMG]

Anyway, what ails the Lakers isn't even primarily a matter of Kobe taking touches from Lin or anyone else.

You know the joke about a restaurant customer complaining that the food tastes bad and the portion is too small? The Lakers offense are in this kind of a bind: the scheme is crappy and the players are not executing the crappy scheme often enough.

I am just not sure there is enough floor spacing out there for them. Kobe is working way too hard in crowds trying to create shots. Lin's ineffective with no space to get into the paint and shooters spotted up for the kick out. Vs. Houston, they couldn't get Dwight out of the lane until foul trouble caused him to sit. Vs. Phoenix, the Suns trapped the ball handler on pick and rolls hard and the Lakers had not outlet/secondary options to counter this.

Not sure what version of the Princeton offense Scott is supposed to be running, but if it's anything like Rick Adelman's, I wonder if the Lakers have the high post passing bigs to pull it off. Boozer is washed up, and Hill and Davis don't seem to have the kind of passing vision needed.

#2438 Carl Herrera, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

20. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Good post and restaurant analogy... Sorta.

Anyway I disagree that Boozer is finished. He can still score and rebound.