1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Wrong on both guys in my pov atleast.

Lin because we were told for two years the only reason he wasn't playing better was everyone in the organization was holding him back. It was never Lin, everyone else.

Parsons for his and the Dallas organizations belief that we were somehow not using him to his full potential and that he had so much more to show and that Dallas was going to allow him that freedom.

Also to all the people who thought we were doomed for losing these guys and that we did nothing to replace them. I don't think we will miss them as much as some thought.

All were a load of BS. When people loudly voice a BS opinion and they turn out to be wrong, they should hear about how wrong they were.

2. bilease

bilease Member

First of all, thanks for insulting me. Anyone brave enough to insult someone through the internet must be right, I guess.

Furthermore I dont remember Parsons saying Houston is "dirty", all I remember is that he mentioned Dallas was "cleaner" when being asked about the differences he noticed. So what? He's trying to act nice to the new fanbase, nothing wrong with that. Dont take everything so personal. And technically, 10/10 is better than 9/10 but that doesnt mean that 9 is low. So by saying one city is a little bit cleaner he didnt say that Houston was dirty. But I guess you cant think so far as you already had to insult me in the first sentence, that basically says it all.

I'm also a great fan of your logic that you hate a player and make ridiculous videos because of some crazy fans that he has. Obviously didnt think that one through because it makes everyone supporting that just as crazy as Lin's fan, just in the other direction. But at the end of the day, both sides are silly.

3. bullman0036

bullman0036 Member

Are you saying you don't like these guys because of what they believed in/what their new teams believed in/what their fans said? I guess that's enough reason for you to "hate" someone who used to play here and wish them not do well in their careers. Last time i checked, it was Asik who didn't give 100% when he was with the team. Chandler played 40+ mins game frequently and Jeremy at least tried..

For your record, i never said Rockets were doomed. Please re-read my post. All I said was the off-season moved should be evaluated by Rocket's current year performance.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2...x-suns-could-run-all-over-the-0-1-los-angeles
    Game Preview: Phoenix Suns could run all over the 0-1 Los Angeles Lakers

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I don't hate any of the three guys who left and my explanation was not directed at you specifically. All three guys have already been successful in their careers financially. They are set for life. But the point of message boards, in my opinion atleast, is to discuss and debate things.

There was tons of debate and discussion about how good these guys really were, how much we would miss them, how their new teams were going to utilize them better than our "terrible" organization and so on. So when evidence presents itself that starts to show that one side of the debate is right and one side was way off base, then yes lowlight videos are going to be shown and discussion about poor play is going to happen because of the debates that happened in the past.

There are people over the top on both sides, but there is a middle ground where there is logical discussion and civil debate on these guys.

6. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

The numbers are clear, Kobe is holding Lin back.

7. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

He writes LOF articles just for clicks.

8. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

On Tuesday night, after the loss to the Rockets, he was quoted as saying, "It's cleaner (in Dallas). It's a much, it's just like a nicer, cleaner city than Houston. In downtown (Houston) there's not much to do. It's just businesses and it's just kind of dirty."

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/news/2014/10/dear_chandler_parsons_you_are_officially_dead_to_us.php

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. doggoneit

doggoneit Member

I blame Lin's bad game on Rockets' D... it's a legitimate excuse.

Plenty of ball dominant players will struggle against Rockets this season.

It's like T-Mac in 2008 when he faced the KG, Ray, PP led Celtics for first time, "I ain't never seen D like that in my life."

It's not the Rockets' D is as spectacular as that phenomenal Celtics team's D, Rockets' is good but definitely not as good.

But it's Rockets' ability to turn D into instant O that will put the most pressure on teams to dread on committing TOs. They are deadly, I predict will one of the best/ top 3 teams in converting points off TOs this season.

11. Terry Teagle

Terry Teagle Member

If I were to attribute the reasons for the Rockets win, I'd say in descending order (1) Harden; (2) Ariza; (3) TJones; (4) Dwight's D; (5) Kobe's 6-17 shooting; (6) Lin's turnovers/fouls; (7) Julius Randle's uselessness (0 rebounds in 14 minutes.

12. mig0s

mig0s Member

If Lin shot the ball 17 times he would have more points than Kobe. Kobe's shots were inefficient from his iso plays. Most of them were contested and Lin's looked better. And dont call me a LOF i was lurking this site since 2005 and joined in 08.

13. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Tunnels close at night.

14. dyyhard

dyyhard New Member

LOF here. texting my brother yesterday in frustration with Lin's 1st half.

"Joke time.
    How do you silence a LOF?
    Start Jeremy Lin."

15. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Here's the problem with Lin fans. They are like Crossfitters. Nobody(except for other Crossfitters) cares what your WOD was nor why you think Paleo is life changing but you're going to tell us anyway. After the subject is started and you offer some doubts about why Crossfit isn't for you you're berated by excuses and attacks at your method of working out (or not working out) as a way of deflecting criticism. I didn't even want to talk about this from the beginning!

Lin fans started out that way here when we signed Jer Bear a couple of years ago. As a whole I think most everyone here was excited to have Jeremy on the team, happy that he had done so well in New York, and looking forward to what he could bring to the Rockets. But you can only tell me about your WOD so many times while using something I love as an excuse for Crossfit's shortcomings so many times before I start to loathe Crossfit.

Fast forward two years later and you've got Rhabdo and are still blaming it on everything but the fundamental problem: Crossfit kinda sucks. And that's nobody but Crossfit's fault.

You want to talk about Lin? Trade stories of oppression? There are places for that. Clutchfans is NOT one of these places.

1 person likes this.
  16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The one ex-Rocket that the Lakers could have really used is Omer Asik. A rim protector and rebounder would do a world a good for them as Omer did for the Rockets a couple seasons ago. The Lakers interior D look to be on par with the 2012-13 Rockets when Omer sat and Greg Smith took his place-- UGLY.

That Jordan Hill/Carlos Boozer combo reminds me of Stromile Swift and Juwan Howard back in the days.

Lin had a bad game vs. a good team with a top defensive PG and an elite rim protector. It's not surprising that his one good stretch came with Dwight on the bench and this is when the Lakers cut the lead down to 9. I suspect that the Rockets are going to have defensive issues without Dwight for the rest of the season. Much easier to finish at the rim vs. DMo/Jones/Black than it is vs. Dwight. Maybe Tarik Black will get better with minutes or Joey Dorsey will step up, though.

Lin will get his share of decent games as not many teams have Dwight Howard clogging the paint. Whatever he does, though, the Lakers offense looks to be a mess. They are supposed to run a Princeton-type offense but the stagnation they showed would have caused Pete Carril and Rick Adelman to roll over in their graves. The whole "smash mouth basketball" thing Kobe talked about just ain't gonna work.

#2316 Carl Herrera, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  17. King1

King1 Contributing Member

While I do think we're going to be a strong defensive team this year, Lin's struggles had little to do with that. Last night was the same Jeremy Lin we've been watching the past two seasons. Low BBall IQ, jumping in the air with nowhere to go, mind numbing turnovers and essentially worthless if his shot isn't falling. Bev did the same thing that Chalmers and other guards have done to take Lin out of the game. He doesn't respond well to aggressive on the ball defense because his handles are spotty. They aren't terrible, but he loses his first step which is one of his biggest weapons.

Many here thought Jeremy going to a bad team was help and I said the opposite. While he may end up with a higher ppg when it's all said and down, all his percentages will be down outside of free throw shooting and his turnovers will be up provided he plays 30mpg. He's simply a mediocre player. Off the bench, you an live with guys like him because you can limit the minutes unless he's hot. When he's going he can obviously put up points in a hurry but as we've seen when he was here those times are few and far between.

It's nobody's fault but Lin's. Not McHale, not Harden, not Morey, not Les, not Byron Scott, not Kobe, not Clutch, not either side of this debate and not whoever else his delusional fan base will blame for his struggles this year. This is who is is as a player. There isn't any "upside". You are watching what you will always watch.

Back to our defense, I would love for it to be top 3 and it certainly looks promising but blowing out a team full of scrubs like the Lakers is something we need to always do if we expect to be a contender.

18. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Kobe can create his shoots, and Lin can not, so Lin has no an ability to shot the ball for 17 times. Lin can create a shot for others, that is his job.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

this, I think Lin is the least of their problems and it showed in the preseason, even when their back court was scoring, their pathetic front court was getting out muscled and out rebounded on every single play. Jordan Hill simply isn't a center, and Boozer is too short to do anything defensively.

i don't know why they signed Jordan Hill to that contract because he really can't play consistently on either side of the court.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Kobe still has the skills to create shots by himself, but against a good defense, the shots he created were mostly turnaround Js from 18 foot with Ariza's hand in his face that are inefficient shots even for the most skilled players. This is how you end up 6-17 from the floor.

The skills to create these shots are valuable-- when your offense doesn't generate an easy opportunity with 24 seconds, it's good to have someone like Kobe who can at least create a 35-40% FG% shot rather than having to force up a heave from a less skilled player as the shot clock runs down.

However, if the Lakers want efficient scoring from Kobe and for their entire offense, they need to generate some easier opportinities via penetration, ball movement, etc. before throwing the ball to Kobe for 1 on 5 ball.