1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why I respect Kobe Bryant and why you should too.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Oct 29, 2014.

?

Do you respect Kobe's toughness?

1. Yes, I prefer old school basketball.

69.1%
  2. No, I like how soft the NBA has become.

30.9%
  1. jerrios

jerrios Member

There's really nothing wrong with Kobe; he's good, he plays the game hard, doesn't get in trouble.

What I don't like is what people make him out to be, which I'll start off with is the 5 rings. Let's be real, he would at best have 2 without Shaq, sure he has 5 rings, but 3 of those he was a distant 2nd best player on the team.

Somehow Kobe was made out to be tough, not sure how that ever came about. Only people he's tough to are the refs, which he yells at each game.

The more that is talked about Kobe and how great he is, the less admiration towards the Spurs, who really does not get enough credit and is opposite of what Kobe represents.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he's better than tmac for sure

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Don't disagree with you OP, but threads about why you like Kobe should probably be in the Dish.

4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

[youtube]Fz73xgDrd8o[/youtube]

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Game 1 of 82 games of Kobe frustration. I don't like the guy, think Henry Abbott may, may I say, have done somewhat of a hatchet job on him. But, I respect Kobe. I'd take Kobe n this Rocket team, we'd go far!

What he and Dwight engaged in was little, both were fine. Too much being made about too little IMO.

7. rocketsmetalspd

That elbow was not even thrown with force by Howard. He held back, if he would've really thrown the elbow like Artest did then Kobe would've knocked out!

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i tremendously respect koby's jawbone which got boned for displaying the resolve and fortitude to courageously endure that rape by dwight's bowes

9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

he tripped over harden's foot.

he didn't throw himself across the floor like robert horry:

[youtube]8ukde193ivM[/youtube]

10. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I think as a human, we should respect everyone shouldn't we ?

Kobe intentionally was trying to get under his skin and failed. He got elbowed, Dwight didn't back down.
    Yes Kobe is tough, but I don't get what you mean as far as "respect"
    I'd "respect" his jumper if I'm a defender.

Kobe was just mad at his situation with the lakers and Dwights situation with the Rockets that is all.

11. photojoe

photojoe Member

This doesn't belong in the GARM.

This doesn't belong on a Rockets fan forum.

I don't like Kobe Bryant. I don't respect Kobe Bryant.

I have no problem if you do. But don't come here onto the Houston Rockets game section and start talking about Kobe and why I should respect him.

1 person likes this.
  12. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

It looked Dwight grazed him with his elbow but didn't really hit him too hard

13. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

14. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Can't stand Kobe. It's funny how, if a guy is a great basketball player, people project all of these other qualities on them like toughness or leadership etc. I think of Kobe as a big dork, rap___, and loser (personality wise) that very few people like or would like but for his ability to shoot the basketball.

His opposite is a guy like Shane Battier, who a lot of people think is a schmuck or chump because of his game (read the Michael Lewis essay) but who is probably a better, more natural leader than Kobe.

15. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Bad polls are bad.

17. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

lol Kobe is so fake

18. photojoe

photojoe Member

I think it was the 2009 playoff series against LA when we had Battier. In between one of the games, an article came out that basically said that Battier was the best defender against Kobe. It detailed the way that Battier would put his hand in Kobe's face instead of trying to block the ball and talked about the way that Battier would study Kobe's stats to try to get an idea of his tendencies.

The next game, Kobe had a pretty good game. Every time that Kobe scored, Battier would calmly just run down the court and get ready for the next play. Kobe made a huge spectacle out of it. He got in Battier's face (which Battier ignored). He looked at the sidelines. The author of that article was sitting courtside, and Kobe repeatedly looked directly at him and would mouth "He can't F***ing guard me!"

It was easily one of the most annoying games I have ever watched.

19. cbk41

cbk41 Member

I'll respect Kobe Bryant for what he did last night when you admit you were on Parsons dick way too much.

20. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I remember that, I'm sure we could find clips of that night.

Battier would literally just move on to the next play while Kobe showboated for the sideline crew.