1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yahoo has us at 7

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Oct 27, 2014.

Tags:
  1. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Agreed, we as Rockets fans since 1995 know full well how worthless it is to bet on fragile players to survive an NBA season. The ability to stay healthy is IMO the number one greatest asset a player can have (assuming they have NBA talent that is). Yao and Sampson.... if only.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm not going to argue it. The games are about to start and we'll have our chance to acquit ourselves. But, when a publication is taking a league-wide look and sees the offseason we had, it should be no wonder they'll be bearish on our chances.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This is a very favorable ranking.

I could see us being anywhere from 4th-8th seed in the West considering how strong the conference is.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

They are almost always wrong. Just look at Portland from last year, they won 50+ games no one saw that coming. David Aldrige has OKC at 7 behind Dallas because Durant is out but obviously he's coming back so it will change the rankings are just meaningless because not only are they usually inaccurate but they also change as soon as the season starts so there is really no point.

5. thejav

thejav Member

exactly..so why are so many people getting butt hurt about the rockets low seeds. its like when someones is known as a fantasy "expert"..when it all comes down to luck..if healthy rockets will be a top 5 team in the west..not that my prediction matters.. :)

6. jerrios

jerrios Member

It's pretty annoying when the media keeps talking about Asik, but when rockets fans act like Asik would be a huge loss, we have some problems.

In theory, it would have been a big loss, if he had played most of last year. He was tucked away most of the year for a potential trade that didn't happen. Then he was getting in game shape towards the end of the season for the playoffs. He was clearly gassed each game when he was in there.

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Warriors have Ezeli back now so have some depth at the 5. Stellar preseason performance from Klay. Curry will Curry. Iggy says he's willing to come off the bench to do whatever's best for Harrison Barnes. Shaun Livingston will let them give Steph some rest from time to time. Draymond Green is poised to have a breakout season, I think.

I wouldn't put them at #2, but I do think they'll be better than last year.

8. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

It's just a weekly power ranking, don't think for a second that it translates to playoffs. This is just an indicator as to where each team stands this week.

So just take it all with a grain of salt & enjoy this first week of NBA my friends!

9. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

FIXED

10. gqgeo

gqgeo Member

WEST:

I see the Last 4 in and the 9-12 spots interchanging with a tight race.

EAST:

I see Chicago, Cleveland then Toronto and Washington

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

SMH, @ people getting upset over preseason rankings, lol.

12. jk103

jk103 Member

If they're healthy they're easily a top 4 team in the West. They took the Clippers to 7 games without Bogut, and Jackson getting fired was the best thing that could have happened to them. Their new head coach, Alvin Gentry, is going to take them places.

13. akeemshook

akeemshook Member

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ry4iwzS4Na0

14. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Golden State at 2? lol

15. caneks

caneks Rookie

the author is an idiot.

16. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

This how I have it

NBA Predictions

Eastern Conference
    1 Chicago
    2 Cleveland
    3 Miami
    4 Toronto
    5 Washington
    6 New York
    7 Indiana
    8 Atlanta

Western Conference
    1 San Antonio
    2 LA Clippers
    3 Houston
    4 Oklahoma City
    5 Portland
    6 Dallas
    7 Golden St
    8 Memphis

Rookie of the Year
    Andrew Wiggins
    Six Man
    Reggie Jackson
    Defensive Player of the Year
    LeBron James
    MVP
    LeBron James
    Coach of the Year
    Gregg Popovich

Western Conference Finals
    LA Clippers over Spurs
    Eastern Conference Finals
    Cleveland over Chicago

NBA Finals
    LA Clippers over Cleveland

17. Zbed

Zbed Member

How great would it be if Dallas didn't make the playoffs.....the amount of slander Parsons would get from us would be unreal.

18. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Who cares about preseason noise, we're right where we wanna be, under the radar and not taken seriously.

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I agree with this, except I would have Phoenix in and New Orleans out. But Houston at 4 is definitely possible yet again. LAC might sneak past OKC for #2 due to the time Durant misses, but that's about it.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Might as well cancel the season - no need to watch it now. Thanks, Yahoo. No fun knowing how everything is going to happen before it does.