1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Byron Scott: Dwight Howard isn't serious about winning championships

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

Something about LA just makes people so full of their own ****, man

2. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

You mean body, not talent. Shaq didn't work hard, didn't even really have moves. He was unmovable and remarkably agile given his size. Dwight actually works his ass off and goes up against taller players on the reg. Dwight is muscular but he had to work for that. Shaq was flabby

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Have fun coaching the lakers bs.

4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

So if a player leaves an organization that is going downhill and joins a team with greater potential and took huge paycut, that makes him not serious about winning a championship....??

I understand why people hating on the guy but that **** is getting out of hand, I mean STFU bro do your job and keep your opinions to yourself, it seems like anyone who joins the Lakers they become an instant hater on Dwight.

what's next..? Lin giving a statement on Dwight not driven to win a championship?

5. alethios

alethios Member

Salty ****ing Lakers...tish

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not sure this is the smartest thing to say the day before they play in the opener.

DD

1 person likes this.
  7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I think it is in extremely poor taste for a coach to denigrate a player on an opposing team unless they are responding to said player's comments. I would say the same if it were McHale. Would Byron Scott want a player saying he was a subpar coach who ultimately couldn't lead his team to a title? Of course not.

And the idiot should know this b/c, due to his and Magic's injuries, the Pistons swept them. Anytime a player leads his team to a Finals appearance, anything can happen that can make them champions. What if Kobe gets injured in Game 1 against Orlando? The Magic are guaranteed champs- and then all this is BS. Byron as a coach=Howard as a player- got to the dance, didn't close the deal. Especially b/c of this, it would be best if Mr. Scott just kindly shut the ****ing **** out of his ****ing mouth.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

9. dandorotik

Yes, I agree- a few people told me to calm down- you're absolutely right- I should know better.

But I defend my team to the death. They're my little brother, in a sense. I can criticize them as much as I want, but don't dare any outsiders try to f**k with my Rockets or I won't just get medieval on their ass, we'll go back to the Dark Ages with them mofos. We won't just open up a can of whoop-ass on them, we'll open up the can, whoop dat ass, then stuff them in the can and kick that ****er in the river. Seriously, no one's talking **** about our Rockets this year- we've had to put up with this **** way too much already- it's enough, and we're through being nice.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

THIS

Numerous great responses on this thread - great job. I think this anti D12 crap from LA is nonsense. The only way to completely stop this is to win a championship with D12. Go Rockets!

11. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Nah **** calming down, that's what the off season is for, now it's game time. I'm with you, the Lakers can all eat a dick.

Hope we annihilate them.

12. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

Clearly Dwight taking over in the playoffs was a joke. He didn't care.

13. scottie brooks

Bryron scotch need to lay off the sauce. He not series about win championships.

14. photojoe

photojoe Member

During the playoffs, Dwight averaged 26 points per game on 55% shooting (63% free throw), 13.7 rebounds per game, 1.8 assists, and 2.8 blocks.

I guess the joke was on us?

15. yaoishung7575

yaoishung7575 Member

This.

16. Rox11

Rox11 Member

17. TheresTheDagger

So Scott thinks Dwight isn't serious about winning titles.

Interesting.

I guess the same could be said of the Lakers organization since they hired Scott as their coach.

18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In defense of LA, the Lakers are sort of like the super hot chick that dumps boyfriends left and right but has never been dumped herself.

When Dwight finally comes along and dumps her it emotionally devastating in a way that someone with a normal love life can't understand, because the hot chick has never had to learn coping skills.

Dwight is going to be their target for a long, long time, because he hurt them in ways that they didn't even believe was possible.

I'm not saying I sympathize, because they've been smug about stealing other women's boyfriends for decades. They need to experience what it is like to be on the receiving end. Maybe a few more times and they might develop some humility.

#78 Ottomaton, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  19. Raven

Raven Member

Just trying to build up customer morale. This speaks volumes about what the Lakers think of their fan base - obviously not very much.

20. dandorotik

[​IMG]