1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ABOUT UNIFORM THREADS - PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Jun 23, 2003.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

ABOUT THE UNIFORMS - PLEASE READ!!!

Since it seems common practice these days to make a new thread every 10 or 15 minutes asking if anyone knows anything about the new uniforms, this sticky thread has been created.

1. No, no one knows anything new about the uniforms. No date has been set. No information has been released.

2. When and if ANYONE finds out ANYTHING, it will be posted here within seconds of that information being passed along.

3. Creating a new thread every few days to ask the question, "What's up with the uniforms?" is not only annoying, it is a waste of space and bandwidth.

4. Please DO NOT post any more uniform threads unless you have legitimate AND NEW information.

Thank you!

2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Jeff, are you really saying you really haven't heard anything about the uniforms, or you aren't free to say anything about the uniforms? :)

3. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

WOW! The Rockets are getting new uniforms?

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I personally wouldnt mind seeing the uniforms. But come on.

I love the rockets through and through. But I dont understand the sheer wonder of what they will be. And as stated above the constant new threads about the topic.

Just wait till they come out take a look and go on about your day.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Jeff, thanks for the sticky! This should help out a lot.

6. Maninthebox

Maninthebox Member

I'm starting to get the impression that the 'clutch crew' are a bunch of A-holes. Perhaps you've all been given some false sense of importance, but you have to realize that you are just internet sport geeks. This site has gone down hill so fast, and it seems to parallel the 'staff' members poor attitude and arrogance.
    Get a GRIP!!

7. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

dont think we will be seeing you much longer....the " internet geeks" are pretty nice guys actually and ill be shocked to see you post tmrw....nice seeing you:D

8. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

So, um...what are you saying? You know something about the uniforms?

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

what's your sample size for this study?? 40 posts?

"this site sucks! i posted on here last week and it was much better back then! out!"

10. GrEgOnOmIcS

GrEgOnOmIcS Member

I heard that the new uniforms will just be a small alteration to the 94-95 old red and yellow uniforms.

11. verse

verse Contributing Member

man, that was pretty heated. perhaps there's some validity to it...i really don't know. what happened that made you feel this way?

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

:rolleyes: Nice knowing you.

Gawd, I hope you're right.

13. Maninthebox

Maninthebox Member

Look at the home page for starters. Hey Van Gundy is our new head coach how bout that? Did anyone know that the draft is in 3 days? So we don't have 2 first round picks, it's still news worthy. How bout some player interviews regarding the coaching change? All I've heard from the 'staff' is how annoyed they are with people starting new threads about uniforms. Hey, perhaps this is your market telling you what it wants. If there was something to read on the home page , maybe they woudn't be in here posting all the time. WE'RE FRIGGIN' BORED!!

14. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Their "market?" This site is free for all. You have no right to complain. NONE. When you start paying for this site, then you can b**** about how it's not updated enough.

15. RCKTBachar

RCKTBachar Member

Maninthebox,

The site is run & maintained by loyal Rocket fans, to my knowledge is a nonprofit website. Do you see any adds? no. They ask for dontations to keep it going. If you have something worth saying, then this is the forum to say it. If you dont like the site then go somewhere else. If you are bored, get a job, go for a walk, go play basketball. Jeff, which I have never met asked a simple request.

There are no new stories because there are no new stories. Why doesnt the Maninthebox go and get a story? Read NBA.com if you want a draft update.

16. codell

codell Contributing Member

Do you realize that Clutch and crew run this sit for free and in their spare time?

Do you realize that Clutch and crew actually have REAL jobs that are a priority most of the day???

Do you realize that rendundant threads made by people that are too lazy to even glance at the 1st or 2nd page just wastes bandwith and server space??? Not to mention the fact that it irritates every single person that posts on this board?

Do you realize that this isn't ESPN.com or NBA.com and that none of us expect a daily article to be posted on the front page???

Finally, do you realize what an ingrate you are??? If this place is so bad, why are you even posting here?

Be gone with you.

17. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

edit

Nevermind. codell said it better than I could. :)

18. fatman510

fatman510 Member

Werd.

clutchcity is one of the best sport sites out there, if not the best. You have no idea how much work Clutch and crew put into this site, and neither do I probably :p

19. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

If this site NEVER puts up new info or updates their front page, it is still the best bar-none in terms of fan-sites.

It is also my understanding that the rude, A-hole, arragant, "Clutch Crew" member Jeff helped save our Rockets.

I want to encourage, and up lift the members of this staff. I say to you, Your doing a great job, keep up the Good work!

God Bless Clutch City, God bless America!

20. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Why dont you go listen to "Facelift" a few more times. Then come back when your chip has been removed from your shoulder. Never mind..... dont come back at all.

Reading your ridiculous posts proves to me that you know absolutely ZILCH about this website.

Prepare for a good flaming.....