1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grantland League Pass Ranking: Houston #15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 22, 2014.

1. hltiki

hltiki Member

maybe if dwight ran the pnr more often...

2. solo241

solo241 Member

A "watchability" ranking is so completely subjective. Everyone enjoys watching different styles of play. I personally enjoy watching our free-flowing offense. Others might detest seeing 40 free throws a game. Whatever - to each their own.

That's why I use ballstreams... No need to just limit yourself to a limited number of teams to watch.

3. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

It seems fair to me. Some teams are less watchable than they are good (last year's Pacers) and some teams are more watchable than they are good (Warriors). Objectively, a poorly coached iso team with a dominant but clunky post player who take the most free throws in the league is going to be less watchable than good (for most people). I'm just surprised they rated as average given Simmons' constant anti-Howard rants.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Yeah, I wasn't quick to catch on to that. Still, the entire point of the rankings is Bill Simmons opinion on random things. I wasted time reading this. :p

I'll admit that I find Rockets games unwatchable sometimes when it becomes a free-throw parade.

5. photojoe

photojoe Member

You mean when the other team starts Hack-A-Dwight with several minutes left in the 4th quarter? That's the worst....

6. tdo

tdo Member

Yea watchabality is extremely subjective, so who gives a crap where they're rated.

Now what Simmons said about the team is a little insulting, but it's whatever. His lack of knowledge about our team, especially Dwight and James, is pretty ridiculous. If you aren't knowledgeable enough about a team to give informed opinions, than you shouldn't say anything at all. All he is doing is rehashing what has ever been said in the past about Howard, not taking into account that he has been extremely mature ever since he has arrived in Houston, and by all accounts is the leader of this team.

7. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Lol, this Rockets team right now has nothing to do with the team that won a championship from the 6th seed. The only thing in common is that it's the same franchise. We don't have Olajuwon anymore. "We've done it before, we can do it again" is pretty irrelevant right now.

8. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

The Rockets aren't watchable next season because they'll be crushing teams in pursuit of the championship. Am I right? ;)

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Our announcers are terrible

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Their rankings last year were basically idiotic, so . . .

11. Mattj

Mattj Member

If you didn't care about the Rockets, could you sit through Clyde? I think it's an extremely fair criticism.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I listen to Clyde mostly for the train wreck moments that make me cringe and smile at the same time.

13. rocketseagles07

Lol y'all get so angry about someone elses PREFERENCE. I can actually see what Simmons means about Dwight. I love dwight but his post game is not the most fun thing to watch. I could give two s**** about where we are on the league pass rankings in comparison to where we are in the standings. Also teams like Charlotte are so high because they're newly constructed. You know what you're going to see when you watch us

14. rocketseagles07

Nope.....

15. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I'm a little curious where the "anti-three" thing came from, though. I'm wracking my brain trying to come up with a single instance where Lowe could have seen that. There's none, unlike the hundreds of homer moments from all of our guys.

16. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

Bill and Clyde always hate on early possession threes. They usually just say something about how you should take it to the rack or look for a better shot. It REALLY happens when Jones or dmo or another big is shooting a corner three.

17. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I still don't get how the Rockets' announcers are somehow bigger homers than other team announcers. Yeah, they favor the Rockets but it's not like they mercilessly run down the opposing teams, like I've heard some do. Maybe I've simply been watching exactly the wrong teams for the past...25 years or so, but I just figure a local announcing crew is going to be biased and that's how it should work.

As for the rest, Grantland just hates the Rockets. Nothing new.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I can barely sit through him anyway.

Just put Calvin back in the booth

19. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

Always loved Calvin, especially what he wears

20. newAge_Rockets

As of now they should be #30. This brand of basketball is ugly and unsettling.