1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. mig0s

mig0s Member

lin + ed davis = cp3 + deandre jordan

2. doggoneit

doggoneit Member

Did you guys see Lin play???

I played 2 quarters = 15 pts, 5 assists, 4 rebounds, 0 to
    [​IMG]

I play 4 quarters = 30pts, 10assists, 8rebounds, 0to, All Star berth, 1 Most Improved Player Award, 1 reg season MVP, max contract
    [​IMG]

3. coffeelover665

Lin's highlight vs the Suns

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qWJqiGGIma4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kobe on the two previous blow out games and this game
    "Rhythm, playing with each other, and Jeremy Lin. He makes a big difference."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FjvgXYD_N9U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. calcium

calcium Member

And 12 fouls.

5. jonstarks

jonstarks Member

I don't see getting max contract after this season but probably a decent one.

6. PeppermintCandy

Glad to see Lin have a decent game, but man, that team does not look good at all. I can see the Lakers really struggling this season.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Lin had a good game. Kobe trusts him more than Harden did. This was no fluke but hey that's not of my business...

8. Razsan

Razsan Member

The Lakers seem to have a lot of potential but when you see a guy like Wesley Johnson brick 2 free throws at the end of regulation and then nail 3's in OT...makes you shake your head. He also had 8 TO's.
    There seems to be pockets of chemistry but as a team they'll struggle for awhile. In their defense, it's almost a completely different 5 from last year.

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

lakers are going absolutely nowhere, need to be able to protect the rim and they have none of that.

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Serious question, does the return of Swaggy P worsen or better their chances at a winning record?

11. theangrycanary

After watching Lin turn Ed Davis into a human highlight reel... I'm pretty frustrated that Lin and Dwight Howard weren't a pick and roll monster last year.

I don't know if that scheme would have ultimately worked better than what we are doing, but I would have liked to see it.

12. VanityHalfBlack

There is no doubt in my mind, The suns will make the playoffs this upcoming season. They have too strong of a b**** and Isiah Thomas to back Dragic? Isiah can be a starter on any team, having him to take some load from Dragic? That's big, big, big advantage for the Phoenix Sun. Watch out NBA, the Suns are a potential threat to the Western Conference.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

well that is what we used to refer to their coach as back in his jazzhole days :grin:

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Lin's problem was never about Harden trusting him, it was about Lin trusting Lin.

15. steady

steady Member

That's true. But it's been interesting to watch - Byron Scott and 36 year old veteran Kobe have been good for Lin's confidence

Getting a lot of high picks hasn't hurt either ..

16. conquistador#11

i don't think harden even trusts howard.:p

it goes back to what Amigo posted earlier. when a coach wants you to play his way and change your style, it's going to make your game seem forced and not all players can make that transition from home run hitter to batting .330. all you have to do is look at lowry playing side by side with dragic. it wasn't pretty whatsoever.

also, don't look at lin's performances without harden but rather the offensive style played. where are those stats when we need them?

players like chandler and ppat always gave the "we play a different brand of basketball with harden out." as opposed to the coaching staff's view with harden, consisting of "who needs democratic offense when you have a player like harden."

A great coaching staff would have been able to use everyone's strengths, most importantly, have them all fall in line to a System.

On the lakers, they are not going to be able to stop a nosebleed. they need an asik badly. I see them as a 39 win team maybe 41 if they stay healthy.

17. i3artow i3aller

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I didn't watch the game but 6 fouls in 20 odd minutes? Seems like the guy still hasn't learned how to play D or was it ticky tacky fouls?

19. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Byron's kind of player for the PG position are Magic, Kidd, and CP3...guys who create for others. Not sure Ronnie Price is that style of player...

20. baubo

baubo Member

What I find most fascinating about any discussion with Lin is that it's never about basketball. No one ever says, "Harden's getting 25ppg because McHale believes in him." No one ever says, "Chandler Parsons' making 3s because he has Howard and Harden's supporting." But with Lin, "He's scoring because Kobe believes in him."

Jeremy Lin has overcame adversity for his entire basketball career and has a degree from Harvard. You'd think fans wouldn't treat him like some 2nd grader who needs his parents and teachers to cheer him on all the time.