1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Got in a wreck today.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by vaioavan63, Oct 18, 2014.

1. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

Glad to hear that such extreme measures might've worked for you but I don't think I'm willing to stoop so low. Thanks anyways. Any and all advice is appreciated.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

When I was 18 my truck was jacked with an estimated 8K in damage on a 15K truck. They wanted to repair it, I knew the body shop asked them if they could total it. It happened. He told me anything over 50% they might total it and around 75% they will. He has way more experience than you do.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

A full frame truck is the easiest thing to fix ever.

4. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

Pieces were snapped and broken all over the place. My front right tire completely came off. I wish I could've taken some pics of the carnage but I was too distraught to do so. But several rubberneckers got their eye candy though.

5. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

No thrill here and I'm not laughing at your situation, basically the same thing happened to me a couple of years ago on Westheimer. You'll just never convince me that if you had time to swerve into a different lane that you didn't also have time to slam on the brakes.

6. codell

codell Contributing Member

There were other factors then such as high salvage return or high potential hidden damage.

No insurance company is going to create unnecessary exposure for themselves on a claim because a shop does or does not want to fix a vehicle.

A repair shop has zero influence on exposure. It is not even a factor.

1 person likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I thought it was just me . . . ..

Rocket River
    Reading it. . . .one word kept popping up in my head . . .
    one my hispanic friends from Reagan used . . . .Coconut

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Already guilty by admitting to breaking the law. Case closed. :eek:
    Now changes story.

OP continues to admit association with law breakers.

I'm Mexican and I have insurance, and even though OP has already admitted going faster than the speed limit (I'd like to see what the signs say, before he changes his mind again).
    OP and police have no right to be asking of legal status. :eek: This isn't Arizona. ASSumption.

AND NOW FOR THE BIG BIG BIG BIG Question:

What was the major intersection? We can look for the signs, SPEEDer. :eek:

9. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

On a serious note. Mexicans are horrible drivers. Glad everyone is okay ese.