1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lin will be better than Kobe this year.

Book it.

2. adobo

adobo Member

Lin has played with Carmelo, Tyson Chandler, Dwight Howard, James Harden and is now team mates with his childhood hero's of Nash and Kobe while getting played millions to play a game of basketball....i guess i see where the hate/jealousy is coming from :)

3. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Still at it? Maybe we should change the thread title to "Jeremy Lin is still a Rocket in spirit"

4. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

I'll tell you that Jeremy won't be doing well this year. If anything is clear, it's that this year, Kobe will dominate the ball. You're not being racist if you criticize Jeremy; he deserves it. He's not as good as many Asians say he is. Jeremy's ceiling is Raymond Felton. It amazes me how many Asians still cheer Jeremy on, saying he's a top 30 NBA player, when it wasn't long ago, Yao Ming was dominant. If Yao, Jeremy, and Yi Jianlian were still in the league, Yi and Lin would be a distant second am. DISTANT. What I'm trying to say is Asians need to step their game up and admit when they're being homers. There are good Asians that have come to the league. Jeremy is not the best and never will be.

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Lin needs to get a move along with the InNOut and Micky Ds if he wants to compare to the holy and venerable Raydonzo Feltay

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Hmmm... Lin sounds dubious about the no 3s policy:http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=los-angeleslakers&id=40196&city=losangeles&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B"ref"%3A"http%3A%2F%2Fhoopshype.com%2Frumors.htm"%7D

7. mig0s

mig0s Member

funny how he surpassed his ceiling on his 2nd year

8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Felton falling down through the ceiling made it easier

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The ceiling could not sustain Felton's big bonededness.

10. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

LMAO I'm a fan of many NBA players. Your bias towards asian players and their fans are clear. Yao Ming lovers and Yao is overrated. I wonder if you ever used the term James Harden Lovers or Dwight Howard Lovers?

I actually don't think your specifically racist against asians. Your stance on political issues of favoring blacks at the expense of other races has been well documented in the D&D. You're just anti-anything-not-black, and that's also racist. You're probably the type of guy who didn't like Eminem when he first came out, because (wait for it)....... *he's*not*black*.

11. doggoneit

doggoneit Member

Remember my post

I shall add... if he stays healthy, Lin will avg at least 22ppg, 8apg, 45FG%, 40 3PT%

And I don't even like Lin...

... jk I am LOF.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He's the only Asian American playing. That's interesting enough. Liking a sports team or a player is more emotional than rational. People don't have to be real at all because that's what being a fan is. No need to apologize for any of that.

This thread makes me sick, but at least it's one thread than the whole ****ing GARM.

I'll say that if JL does the same numbers, while passable, it wouldn't be that great. His problem is his streakiness and then trying too hard to sustain that momentum. The man can't endure the NBA grind let alone starter minutes. Something gives and it's usually late season performance.

13. baubo

baubo Member

What I'm most interested in with Lin is how he'll do in that system. Byron Scott doesn't believe in 3 pointers and has openly said he prefers long 2s. Kobe at this point shoots mostly elbow jumpers. I'm curious to see how Lin is able to penetrate when surrounded by Kobe, Wes Johnson, Boozer, and Hill.

14. steady

steady Member

Come on. I think YOU guys need to step up your game.

This is a lazy ass post. If'you're going to criticize Lin at least bring up some real points.
    And who cares is Lin is the best Asian that has come into the League??

At least King1 puts some effort into it when he goes off on one of his Linrants . Good grief, now you have me complimenting King1 %acK!

15. LosRockets2011

LosRockets2011 Contributing Member

In your dreams! Lmao..... Lin sucks!

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Of course he'd be dubious about the no 3's policy, it's got to be the most idiotic thing I've ever heard, even amateurs know this is BS and the only reason the Lakers are gonna implement this is if they are tying to tank.

17. Razsan

Razsan Member

Thanks for reminding me to add you to my ignore list...my GARM experience keeps getting better.

18. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Who says he is a top 30 player?

Who says he is the best Asian baller ever?

Your post is just a weak appeasement to the popular sentiment on this board ie) Lin sucks, lofs are delusional, etc

I watched him on both the Knicks and the Rockets. I called him out on bone headed plays, especially defensively in NY while everyone else was still drinking the Kool aid.

I also saw how he played in the playoffs this past year for Houston and have read the Garm game threads. There was unwarranted hate. That's for damn sure. There were games vs Portland where he kept us in it with layups, assists and clutch free throws (despite almost getting decapitated by Aldridge - no flagrant call, oddly enough).

Yet if you read the game thread that night you would think he was killing us.

There was hate. Wake up and realize that. All the racial jokes that pass around here as status quo should show you what you are dealing with. Most other bball forums would moderate that stuff, and you can best believe racial jokes against certain other ethnic groups here would result in punishment or a huge public shaming by other posters.

Yes Lin had bad games in the playoffs too. I saw that and commented on those games too. I just prefer for people to call things as they are and not have agendas.

I do consider myself a Rockets fan. I did say many times DH carried us in the playoffs big time and Harden was mostly atrocious. Yet how many fans here defend Harden to no end around here and even suggest that if you are a true fan of the team, you should defend him. That's ridiculous.

I don't like debating with delusionals, be it haters or nut huggers. I ain't afraid to speak how I feel either. It's just an online sports forum.

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

So it's cool to be delusional if it's positive, but not ok if it's negative?

20. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

So you're telling me all asians think JL is a top 30 player? Give me the names of two posters here that said JL is a top 30 player.

JL doesn't have fans that aren't asians? You're telling me every single one of his fan is asian? I find that difficult to believe.

I think you need to let it go. I know he hurt you like how CP hurt you, but you'll survive. You're a Rockets fan right? It's going to be hard, but you'll find new Rocket players to hate on this season.

Great post. Would be nice if these LOH would let this thread die, but since it's on page one, I'll continue to read it when I'm bored. I think JL brought out the inner racial hate that a lot of these posters have against asians.

There are quite a few posters on this forum who are quick to label me a JL fan because I'm asian, but I never even rooted for him. Search every JL thread and I bet you I posted in less than five of them.