1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Toyota Center] New concession items for 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Oct 13, 2014.

1. scottie brooks

Food looking pretty mouth watering. Probably cost around $20 too.
    When do they announce give away nights btw?

2. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I can only imagine how much these items cost...probably 12-20 bucks.

3. Play07

Play07 Member

was just telling my girl about this tweet a few mins ago lol, every year they step their game up at the TC on food. its pricey but the new options, nacho night at front entrance, BBQ grill stuff in lower side bars, club section chicken sandwiches are always good quality. Good look !

4. PhiSlammaJamma

I bought the Olajuicicle.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Five star thread! Maybe someone from Levy is reading this

Okay, I was at the game tonight. I bought the panko crusted chicken sandwich. The sandwich cost 12.50 Pretty damn expensive.

Did it live up to the hype? Naaaah. Was it good? Yeah it was good. Could I justify paying 12.50 for it? No. Would I buy it again? yes, definitely.

It's surprisingly huge piece of chicken breast. The mayonnaise spread thing tasted good.

The best food is definitely the hot dog by the escalator. It's about ten bucks each. They are HUGE. This was last year, so I haven't had a chance to go buy it this year. The spicy hot dog sausage thing was pretty ****ing spicy. It wrecked me the next morning.

6. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

Actually pretty cool additions for the arena. Long overdue. I probably won't get 85% of these but look great.

7. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

For any of you that sit in Club, I find it odd that the food on the side of section 108 and 109 includes healthy choices such as salad, grilled chicken etc. but on the side of 118-122there is none of that.

8. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

LOOOOL @ this being news, the website has gone downhill since the departure of... :(

So instead of filling the arena, they are trying to fill fat Texans' stomaches even more?

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I don't get the negativity. That's part of the experience of going to an event like this. You're expected to be there 2-3 hours, possibly longer, if there's traffic or no parking. Most games are during dinner time, so people will want food and options. It's nice to know ahead of time what will be available. it's also not the first time new concession items have made the site.

10. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

I don't get it either. I'm glad we have a first class facility that tries to offer upgraded food over traditional fare. Here is the menu from the Toyota Center website last year, I'm not sure how different this years is but I'm sure they'll update it before the regular season:

http://www.houstontoyotacenter.com/arena-info/concessions

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

No way! I had no idea they had kosher dogs!

12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I had the Monterrey and Poblano Burger, $10 without fries, wasn't bad at all, but I'd rather have the $10 "Haute" dog by the escalator, or even those monster nachos for $12, hell the bowl u keep is worth it

fwiw, if u want a free small drink (no purchase necessary) and don't plan on drinking any alcohol, go sign up for the "Drive Responsibly" pact and receive a voucher, thanks to pugsley for that tip

13. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I had a pretty bomb ass burger when I was at the game the other night. I'll vouch. It was tasty.

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I bet that place makes a killing during basketball season. Prime real estate. Was it there before the arena was built?

I may try that Cheesesteak. I usually stick with the chicken fingers.

15. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

How do you do that?

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

China Garden has been there for a while. It was there before Yao, before Toyota Center.

Never been.

17. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

I walked around to see the new items. The taco selections looked good. I never would have tried the Korean BBQ pulled pork until I had a sample offered to me. After that, it was my main attraction!

Wish the Rockets would randomly offer samples of the new items, in small bites of course

18. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I wonder if Yao ever went there after games or practices. :confused:

19. cson

cson Contributing Member

I cant believe they made them all look like vomit

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No more Kimchi fries. Pretty damn disappointing.

Go to the left of the main entrance and there is a CS desk. Tell them and they will give you a paper to fill out.

It do it every game and just collect the coupons if I don't use them.