1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CSN

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by The Beard, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msn

msn Member

So the end of this is, the Astros and Rockets leave just like they were going to do like 15 months ago, only it's 15 months later, hundreds of thousands in attorneys' fees, time wasted in our court system, and another season of TV rights money lost (that could have gone to Comcast in loan repayment), and more general frustration for everyone in th city.

Yeah, that was a great idea.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

3. Nero

Nero Member

Seems like today's news indicates that Comcast finally sees the writing on the wall, and won't stand in the way any longer. However, they still reserve the right to appeal if they believe something egregious happens from this point forward. That's what it looks like to me anyway.

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Finally! Hopefully the channel is up by opening night.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yep... but but but... Due process! Crane is the devil! "You can't just up and leave agreements!"

But yeah, you just about summed it up.

6. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Perfect especially since I had my Direct TV installed today.

7. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Will I get Root Sports Houston on Comcast? I freakin hope so.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm guessing that as a DISH Network subscriber, I'm still gonna be left in the dark?? :(

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

You are correct sir. I just re-upped on ballstreams. I'll be switching from dish as soon as my contract is up.

10. yaoishung7575

yaoishung7575 Member

The signs point to yes.

11. Granville

Granville Member

Make all the snarky comments you want but this process while frustrating had to happen to get this resolved. I could easily counter.....with but but but Crane's gotta get his AL West competing money....Keep holding out Jimmy. And you can't just up and leave an agreement. What is your point?

I don't see where Crane is in better position today than he would if he had signed off on the DTV deal back then. He lost a **** load of money and pissed a lot of people off. Not one of the 3 partners came out a winner on this deal.

#971 Granville, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  12. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

Looks like Ballstream won't get my $70 for this years games.

Maybe the Astros will be worth watching next year. I mean the Pirate and the Royals made the playoffs this year. There is hope for the Astros.

I bet Dish/Suddenlink will sign on soon.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Because it was a crappy deal that would have locked them into 20+ years of crap (without control of their own media rights)... and once they stopped getting paid, they rightly should have been allowed out of the overall crappy deal. Instead, you get a further stalemate of the issue with pretty much the exact same outcome as letting them walk would have been.

You're right... they're not in a better position today, and the fans are even worse off because of it.

I'm pretty confident in saying that the bankruptcy accomplished nothing that could have been attained by letting the Astros/Rockets walk.... while you continue to extrapolate on your unfound Crane hate that also accomplishes nothing.

14. Granville

Granville Member

Again....it doesn't matter what you think would have been better or not....the Judge disagreed with you about the Astros ( the Rockets didn't ask) being let out.

The deal the Astros have now according to the need AL West to compete money is crap and he's locked in for 20 years without control of his media rights. Crane's already only promising a meager payroll for next year citing this mess as a reason.

I don't dislike Crane anymore than I dislike Comcast. I think Crane's a greedy untrustworthy dumbass. I think Comcast is a greedy incompetent cable provider. Crane's been the one running his mouth the entire time, of course he's going to take heat for it.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Slow clap... I guess that leaves you to root for the lawyers and the judges.

Congrats... you (and they) win.

I'll continue to stand by the solution that would have put an end to this mess over a year ago.

16. Granville

Granville Member

No, I chose reality. You chose to be naïve.

17. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Man...you must REALLY hate you some Comcast, then. :grin:

18. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Nice job Nick, stirring it up again for absolutely no reason, really good for the board huh

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Dude... I did no such thing. Simply agreeing with MSN's post at the top of the page that sums this all up perfectly.

The one who usually gets all bent out of shape is doing the same... especially since now the "outcome" he was rooting for caused nothing but the inevitable 15 months later.

20. Granville

Granville Member

Bull**** you brought up the stupid Crane is the devil crap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.