1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey has been trying to get Rondo/Rubio this month

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Welcome to Mr. Know it all ignore list. Not only does he think Rubio is the Rockets savior, he thinks Al Horford couldn't help this team out because he doesn't shoot three pointers.

The best thing to do with Holic is laugh at his outrageous comments on here. Let Coach explain to us all the method to winning a championship. How to build a championship roster.

Mr. D. Morey I know you visit the GARM on occasion, please give this man a coaching job. Lol

2. Chamillionaire

We should be going after Hortford or Milsap. They would bring another dimension to our team, we'd be seriously potent with either of them.

3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Morey would have to be taken out to the wood shed and shot if he gave that up for little Ricky. LOL. I wouldn't even trade Beverly straight up for him. Beauty is obviously in the eye of the beholder for some when it comes to Rubio.

4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Ricky Rubio is not bad he's only 23 and will get better. I do see him as a solid point guard and he is better than Beverly. Maybe trading our 2015 first round pick is too much but the Pelican's pick will interest the Wolves.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Why does everyone think Rubio is going to get better? Yes, he is 23 but the guy has been a professional basketball player for 7-8 years and hasn't improved in any significant way.

Rubio is like CBud. Two guys that peaked as teenagers.

6. Neped

Neped Member

Beverley is better han Rubio defensively.

7. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Rubio's shooting percentage is god awful too for the level of defense he plays. If you play Vernon Maxwell defense, I can deal with a FG % lower than .4 otherwise, your a liability. I would be interested to see how a high assist play maker would do on this team but that's just curiosity,I'd rather not experiment.

8. CertifiedTroll

I think both of the players mentioned here had their improvement slowed down by knee injuries.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

exactly. he has shown no improvement whatsoever in the actual 3 years hes been in the NBA but yet one of our own players TJ has improved significantly from year one to two this past season, yet it doesn't really matter.

10. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

A member of the 2008 draft class? Well, I know which one morey really wants. :p

11. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

I think you for got something....you meant to say>>>>
    I think Rubio will wind up being the best point guard of his generation from Spain.

12. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Are you in any way related to Rubio?? Brother? Sister? Father? Mother? Uncle? Auntie? Nephew? Niece? Agent?

lmao @ Rubio becoming the best PG of his generation. Lay off of the drugs.

13. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

They maintained four months ago that we were getting one of them soon, and before the season. Also a legit PF.

Neither of which have happened.

14. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

This team lacks leadership the most for the PG spot the most( see last years playoffs). The Power forward is a close 2nd. A leader can push T.Jones and D-Mo to be more than what they are and put them in the right positions on the court to be successful. James and Dwight won't do this and Patbev is still trying to get his footing in the league on the offensive side of the ball. James said that Ariza (this remains to be seen D12 and the Beard ain't John Wall and Bradely Beal)and Jet bring leadership and I think JET can help Patbev out a lot in both areas but I still think he is just a trade chip.

15. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Horford hasn't lived up to his potential playing the Center position, but if he had the opportunity to play next to Dwight at the Power Forward position.....oh my....

16. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Hello mid-range game and defense from the PF spot! The two things that absolutely murdered us.

17. Play07

Play07 Member

a guy to keep an eye on that we don't hear about is "George hill" he's a playmaker combo type player, solid on D, good 3pt shooter, I think him and harden would be work well together in the backcourt, I would take him over Rubio $12-15mill, Teague also...

he's not a big splash but what do you guys think it would take to get him, and what would you give up ?

George Hill
    2014-2015 $8,000,000
    2015-2016 $8,000,000

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'd give up dmo + canaan + llull rights…..not sure that's enough salary going out though

19. Zbed

Zbed Member

We sure could have used Horford to match up with Aldridge in the playoffs. Us getting Horford would be unreal and would push us over the top.

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Because of the body language of the team and nothing clicking right, the refs would have fouled out Horford as well. The team has to come together and spark things in both directions to help quell calls. Don't matter who was covering LeMarcus, they were going to foul him more often than not according to the officials.