1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Texas A&M football thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Ramu3, Aug 31, 2011.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Still 100% correct. I called A&M being horribly overrated

2. ths balla

ths balla Member

Everyone pretty much had them at being 9-3 or 8-4 this year, how have they been overrated if they are on that path? Especially after playing the 2 best teams in the nation back to back and an Arkansas team that went toe to toe with Bama.

3. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

This.

My preseason prediction was 9-3 with 10-2 or 8-4 being a possibility. A&M loses to the likely 1 and 2 teams in the country by an average of 16 points, and liltexxx claims that they are overrated horribly. What a joke.

4. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Because Bigtexxx says so obviously.

5. bigtexxx

There you go again misrepresenting the truth. I claimed they were overrated far before they lost to the two Mississippi schools.

A&M will be either 6-6 or 7-5 if they can succeed in beating Missouri, which is not a given. Does somebody here really think they have a chance @Alabama, @Auburn or even at home vs. LSU?

They're looking at either the Liberty Bowl or the Texas Bowl. Maybe even the Russell Athletic Bowl.

6. Refman

Man...you are either a complete troll or a complete dumbass.

7. bigtexxx

? I've already been proven far more correct than you in this thread.

Where are the wins going to come from? I see A&M beating Monroe, and MAYBE Mizzou. Bama, Auburn, LSU? nope.

8. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Maybe Mizzou ? Mizzou scored 0 pts at home vs Dawgs W/O Gurley. Mizzou is so mediocre .....

9. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Bama and LSU are not as good as past season. Arky should have beaten Bama yesterday , LSU got lucky with a BS call with game clock.

10. Refman

Don't use logic with texxx. He will continue to troll and try to make it personal. He craps up all the forums with that m.o.

11. Mattj

Mattj Member

Go ahead and mark this post. Aggies fire DC and hire UH DC David Gibbs this offseason (unless UH hands Gibbs the HC reigns).

12. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Guys, thanks for sharing the bigtexxx burden with us Longhorn fans. Don't recall him trying to troll y'all as much in the past. Proper response is to only respond to the troll attempts you find most flagrant. Otherwise, you just waste a lot of time.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We were outcoached on Saturday. This team is soft, mentally weak... But they're young, that's expected. Allen and Murray are going to challenge Hill next year.

Ole Miss isn't that good in my eyes. Solid group of older guys that don't make too many mistakes but not top tier team. Probably a full notch below Notre Dame/TCU/Oregon.

Nothing wrong with losing to Ole Miss & MSST. But the way we lost to Ole Miss... at home... not good.

A win against Bama makes up for it. Very winnable but we'll see.

There's never been a point where I was impressed with Spavital. Maybe 1 or 2 games, but I've never felt that he has been anything special. If he goes to SMU I wouldn't be worried about it.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Question: Will the "young" excuse for the defense, softness and mental weakness go away next year?

For the record, I want A&M to do well and I'm not anti-Sumlin.

15. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

Maybe not next year, but it will. Next year is going to be Sumlin's 4th season with us, and we will have Bama+Auburn at home. I think he can get away with 4-5 losses this year, but probably not another season of it.

We are all happy to be in the SEC with Sumlin, and its been a great few years for the program. But if we are still playing like a mid second tier team with top tier talent, at some point the university will lose patience. I think.

And to Ziggy's point, I also am fine with the L to Ole Miss in a vacuum. Its just the way we lost at Kyle. Hell, that was Sherman's main trick.

As for the game - Kenny failed to impress. Speedy and Myles are absolute studs. I feel like our LB crew and our secondary right now are just too small to handle the kind of meat that's been thrown at them over these past three weeks. They just get manhandled out there. I'm not sure what we can do to change it anytime soon.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

2015 Schedule
    9/5: vs. Arizona State(NRG)
    9/12: vs. Ball State
    9/19: vs. Nevada
    9/26: vs. Arkansas(AT&T)
    10/3: vs. Mississippi State
    10/10: BYE
    10/17: vs. Alabama
    10/24: at Ole Miss
    10/31: vs. South Carolina
    11/7: vs. Auburn
    11/14: vs. Western Carolina
    11/21: at Vanderbilt
    11/28: at LSU

17. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Basically the Aggies don't leave the state for a little less than 2 months. First true road game a week before Nov. Incredible schedule !

18. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Spav has got to go! can't wait!

19. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Coaching isn't A&M's problem...it's the overall youth of the team and the brutal SEC. I don't see this happening.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This defense is so hard to watch. How on Earth can that clown Snyder justify manning up Cooper when they literally have nobody else they can throw it to?