1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Razsan

Razsan Member

I think you're exaggerating the fanbase impact. The Lakers board has been pretty civil and there doesn't seem to be as many violently hateful fans from either side.

2. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

You mean like this thread? Except this thread is plagued will useless posts from Rocket fans instead of LOFs. In this thread, you have fans who are genuinely interested in Lin's progress with the Lakers like Panda32 and VanityHalfBlack. And then you have a whole bunch of other flaming spammers who does nothing but creates trash posts like tinman and king1. You can literally take out those posts and the responses to them and the thread would have lost nothing of value.

3. LosRockets2011

LosRockets2011 Contributing Member

This plague gets severe in April.

4. jamie10

jamie10 Member

This is the NBA Dish section of the rockets forum for non-rockets NBA talk. Not only that, but the thread obviously says "[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker". If you've been on the Rockets forum long enough you should know or maybe just need better reading comprehension.

It's obvious that you are trying hard to rag on Lin. I mean come on... do you really have nothing better to do?

1 person likes this.
  5. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

Wall had over 7 TO the other day

1 person likes this.
  6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

What does the number of turnovers a player had in 1 game have to do with bad handles?

Bad handles can lead to turnovers, but having a lot of turnovers doesn't mean you have bad handles.

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I ask because while I cant remember every post on a bbs, I remember thinks about certain posters. I do remember you stating to the effect that Lin was a mediocre basketball player. Theres nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with critiquing him as a bball player 'bad handles, loose dribble, bad lateral speed/decision/making/jumper"

Now Lin has not changed much as a basketball player in recent months. Thus, your opinion of him going from a mediocre PG (Admittedly PG is a strong position nowadays) to a WNBA player means you're either:

A) Trolling
    B) Experiencing significant personal angst

I am genuinely curious in how Lin performs as a Laker given the differing circumstances. The same way I'm curious about Mills, Canaan(midget), Ariza, how Harden develops etc.

It seems like you've had trouble being able to distinguish Lin/LOFs who deflect blame, if not, heres a link:

https://www.ruok.org.au/

1 person likes this.
  8. steady

steady Member

I am going to go with

B. Experiencing significant personal angst

Because when King1 isn't going off about Lin, if I remember right, he can say some pretty lucid things.

1 person likes this.
  9. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/D8avWJIwyxY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Haha, I see some LOFs are back posting in this thread.

Should be a fun thread to follow this season, lol.

11. goyao11

goyao11 Member

Two sides of the same coin, man.

Lin's gone. You're obviously not a fan and don't care about his progress in the NBA. I doubt you're a Lakers fan trying to vent about a bad performance.

Why put yourself through the emotional wringer and keep posting in this thread? Was Lin's tenure here so painful for you that you feel obligated to keep up the good fight? Haha...

And the insults... it seems like you just can't have a civilized conversation without calling someone stupid. Posters like you are the reason why CF gets a bad rep these days...

12. hltiki

hltiki Member

this forum has more drama than anything on t.v.

+1 for CF

13. gambingo

gambingo Member

Well, this thread was created in July, and the regular season hasn't even started and this thread is already over 50 pages. Am i wrong to say that this thread is going to hit 100 pages or more? When i said "going on 100,' it could mean by mid season or end of regular season, so what's so wrong about that? You act like i'm saying 1+1=2 when that's not even what i meant.

And this is a forum, and im merely making a suggestion. I don't need to do any "explaining" to whoever the mod here is. And i don't even know Jeremy Lin personally or anyone here, so surely i have some reason right? You can fill in the rest with your assumption :p

14. LosRockets2011

LosRockets2011 Contributing Member

In LOF world Lin should be on the cover of 2k15.

15. gambingo

gambingo Member

Why are you even on the internet?

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This is a good containment thread for this lin nonsense, if it means keeping the Lin drama from the GARM this thread should continue as long as possible

Lin is probably going to put up good numbers this year because the Lakers are in crumbles, and Steve Nash is too old to be playing major minutes. and If Kobe goes out too with oldness issues as expected, Lin will have the freedom to please his fanbase with a lot of good stats.

17. Postcall

Postcall Member

It will obviously reach a hundred you are right on that I am not sure why the mods are crapping on you when you made a suggestion. Lakersground bans trolls and people who go post the same opinion over and over.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

no, you implied there is something wrong with the mods on the forum because this thread is going on for a lot of pages. there's no correlations between the two thing, there's nothing to be moderated about a long thread in the right subforum.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I find it weird despite how much they bashed clutchfans and its owners of being biased, racist, rednecks, they still come back and post here even after Lin is traded.

like wtf, just go away already if you don't like it here.

20. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

I actually don't think there are any LOFs here left. Most of these posters are Rockets fans who genuinely want to see how guys like Lin and Parsons deal with their new teams.

I personally watched Lowry put up a valiant losing effort against the Nets in the first round even though I knew neither team would face us in a possible Finals match-up. Also caught a bunch of Suns games last year when they were on the cusp of making the 8th seed. Didn't make me a Lowry fan or Dragic Fan. Just an NBA fan.