1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ebola 1st case in the US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ron from the G, Sep 30, 2014.

Tags:
  1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I'm hearing two more in Dallas.

2. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

What kind of post is this? Hearing it from where?

4. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

And what do you know, Jesse Jackson is called in by the family and immediately calls racism in how the hospital treated Duncan. You can expect the family of Duncan to file a lawsuit against the hospital and the state any day now.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They might have a case. Dallas really ****ed this up.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

They have no case. Dude had ebola. JJ is a twat.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Man, I'm so sorry about being right about this. Months ago, people told me ebola didn't matter to us because it was in Africa. The world doesn't work like that any more. I'm still confident we'll be able to keep a lid on it, but it'll continue to be a threat until we get it under control at the source.

I gotta agree. I don't know if it's racism, but Dallas looks to have been caught flatfooted on this one, at least. The way the family was treated was pretty shabby. In an epidemic you can't treat everyone like royalty, but as the first case in the country they could have and should have been given the royal treatment.

8. Bandwagoner

What were you right about. One guy got a plane with ebola. The cdc said it was inevitable. If anyone wants to sue it should be the hospital for the bills. This is insane.

9. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Do they have a case even though he is not a US citizen? Just wondering.

This racism talk is crazy. I thought all of the health professionals are sworn by the Hippocratic Oath to treat everyone no matter what.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hospitals are for profit businesses. They treat people accordingly.

I can't wait to see the first bill they send to that family.

$2 million I bet for sending this guy home w/ ebola and some antibiotics

LMAO but all you can do is laugh at this mess.

11. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Omg, I didn't think of the bills. This is a mess.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They failed to run a proper diagnosis and simply sent him home with antibiotics putting him and others at risk. They did all this even though they had been warned about the possibility of Ebola and the patient and told them he had come from an Ebola area.

If anyone else get's ebola from Duncan they might even have a case too since if the hospital had taken steps right away to quarantine and treat Duncan that might've prevented the spread.

13. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

And do you think their failures had anything to do with discrimination against a black man? Which is what they are basing their case on...

14. JuanValdez

I think you're conflating and replying to 2 disparate ideas. Idea 1 was in response to people who thought months back that this was an African problem that didn't affect us. I'm far from the only person who knew better, but its getting obvious now with cases in the US and Spain (and Australia now?) that we don't get to ignore ebola as an African problem, and I'm annoyed at people who didn't want to go big a long time ago (including Obama, but that's for D&D). The second idea was the half-assed response to the Dallas case. I'm not advocating for some liability here. I don't care if someone sues, wins or loses. I'm just terribly disappointed in our response and it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence (or even justify the confidence I already had) that ebola can't spread here. They left people for days in an infected home. That's an embarassment. They should have been evacuated the day the diagnosis was made. Not for liability reasons, but for simple public safety.

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

If Duncan's family can sue, the US and Liberia should be able to sue Duncan's family for bringing ebola to the US.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

LOL He didn't bring it in a vile or something.

17. Bandwagoner

Ebola is an african problem. It won't ever be a problem here. It might come here sometimes, and then be immediately contained as it was in this case. We have had excellent contact tracing and everyone at risk is being monitored.

It seems everyone wants to jump on the CDC and dallas now that the guy has died. I knew the guy was gonna die a week ago. That is unfortunate but that happens with ebola. There was nothing half assed about the CDC response.

18. JuanValdez

People were left in an infected apartment for several days. Are my standards too high?

19. rudan

rudan Member

If they try to sue, deport his whole family. Better yet, deport them anyway. They look like they will never positively contribute anything to this country other than wasting our health care resources.

1 person likes this.
  20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Sorry, I am friends with someone who works in the hospital that this has been going on.

Mr. Duncan was reported dead yesterday.

I heard he was dead on Friday last week.

They are keeping things client to the major news media, but I have been told that there are more cases than being reported.

I am no insider. I am just relaying what I have heard already.

Hopefully it is just misinformation.

I don't think this disease will be as deadly toward Americans(generally healthier immune systems)than it was towards the people in Africa. But I am certainly worried that it will spread more so.