1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. SPBR

SPBR Member

Lin's handle is decent at best. I'd trust Clarkson's handle over Lin's. His assists were solid. There were also passes where he didn't get the credit for creating the shot because of hockey assist and fouls. He did his job. His shot should come back. I think the Rockets may have gotten a bad rap for giving the ball to Harden when it's possible we were hiding Lin's handle while highlighting his ability to penetrate and create.

Clarkson was taking way too many shots. Too much penetration to nowhere to take a tough mid range shot or runner. Stick to his spot up 3s.

Randle displayed a variety of shots. Good pick. I like his aggression and his handle, but he overdribbles when he should pass to ball to Lin or Clarkson.

Lakers will be a woeful defensive and rebounding team. They don't have bigs that can defend or rebound well. The blocks from Davis were nice but he played against the bench. He was getting outmuscled for position several times vs Nuggets bigs. The effort on the defensive end seemed to be there tonight.

2. Solaris

Solaris Member

So many fans here disappointed with Lin only having 1 TO this game.

3. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Between this thread and Parsons we're seeing a lot of tinman clones emerge. Jesus move on and get a hobby or something.

1 person likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

my ass, can't clone 99ers

our dna is truly unique

5. jonstarks

jonstarks Member

...the ongoing haterade in this thread is amazing...I guess it's still gonna be Jeremy Lin's fault for when the Rox lose games this season?

6. slestack11

slestack11 Member

This is exactly the type of game that Jeremy Lin needs to have as a building block to becoming a solid point guard. After Linsanity in NY and the run and gun offense in Houston, much like coach Norman Dale, Byron Scott needs to break Jeremy Lin down and build him back up. Tonight is a nice first step towards Lin's rise to stardom.

Lakers also have a nice looking second round pick in Jordan Clarkson to play alongside Lin on the second unit.

7. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Decent game. If he had hit even 2 of those 6 shots it would have been a very good game for him, efficiency wise. Average defense in the first half (he played hesitant overall in that first half and, let's face it, Ty Lawson is pretty quick) but played rather good D in the fourth quarter. The Lakers might be better than people think.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Unlikely

9. steady

steady Member

Yeah, wished I had seen more aggression from Lin. When Davis wasn't playing the second unit looked a bit dysfunctional

Keep in mind though that in it was Lin. N 2 raw rookies -- and two players who probably won't make the rotation.

10. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Ryu doesn't fight Ken all day. He moves on and roams the earth looking for a new battle.

11. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

lol, its been a while, but glad to see some things never change

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

will this thread be over 1000 pages by the end of the season?

13. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Jeremy, after even having a decent game, would slip and almost throw the game away lol, like it just had to be Jeremy out of all people. The kid just has some really bad luck at times.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I set the game on free play.

15. New

Sir, there is something wrong with your keyboard. Your 6 and 9 keys are switched.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Nothing has changed. Lin remains mediocre at best player and a role player at best. He is a putrid starter undeserving of starting even for a lottery team.

Broken shot, shaky handles, low IQ - the same things that were evident here.

But again, it was the Rockets marginalization, racism, McHale, Morey, Harden, Bev that limited Lin from being the all star he is.

Lin is what he is - a below average starting PG, probably one of the worst in the league if he starts and an average to good back up. It's only his delusional fans who live their lives vicariously through him that try to make him out to be as something he will never be.

17. VanityHalfBlack

So he has a ceiling? It's as if you're painting three shades of Lin here. He could be mediocre to below average to worst. I think the word you're looking for is inconsistency?

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

To be clearer.

A way below average starter with a ceiling as mediocre at his very best.

An average back up with a ceiling to be a good back up.

Yes you're right though. He has been inconsistent for the vast majority of his career and I don't see that changing. He can look really good one night and then garbage for 3 nights. It's all on him at this stage. I'm done with all the excuses that come out from his fanboys.

19. VanityHalfBlack

Clearly, you're not? But I enjoy your post so please don't stop posting, especially in this thread.

20. rockettes

rockettes Rookie