1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 18, 2014.

1. bongman

bongman Member

That's how b****es (not talking about women) act when they get dumped by a partner they really love.

2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

A sign and trade would've only been a win for the Lakers. The Rockets and Dwight had nothing to gain from it.

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The rockets gain an extra year if he were to sign the full extent of the max and Dwight wouldve gotten his 30 mil. No? Lakers wouldve gotten a trade exception.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

sign and trades don't work like that anymore. Dwight would still be limited to the max we could offer him.

5. ApuN

ApuN Member

Disagree with Nene being an underperfomer. He was one of the main reasons the Wizards got to the playoffs for the first time in 6 years and upset the Bulls.
    Everybody else though, pretty correct.

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Thanks for the clarification.

1 person likes this.
  7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Notice how many have ties to San Antonio? lol

8. sutton

sutton Member

Clutch is doing "white wash" service to his unofficial boss, Morey.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

WTF are you talking about? Clutch answers to no one. This place has been around longer than Morey's professional career.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

One of the very few times I wouldn't mind tinman dropping by with a history lesson.

1 person likes this.
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I would imagine this is true. Assume Clutch knows whatever could happen in terms of investigation is past.

The NBA would need some serious testimony in hand or tapes. Circumstantial evidence probably won't suffice, and that's mainly what we have in this thread.

12. steady

steady Member

While I don't think this was a Mistake by Morey, because if the choice was getting Dwight or keeping Chandler, the choice is clear.

I do feel like the events of this summer have brought to light a possible vulnerability of Morey's. I can't quite put in words .. so this is sort of a ridiculous post I know, but there is something in common between the whole Fegan negotiation, Bosh negotiation, Lakers negotiation, Parsons negotiation.

Morey is still in my mind an elite GM ,and my favorite GM. But I hope ( and expect) that Morey will get better and learn from this summer.

13. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

How old are you son??? Clutch has been around WAY before Morey came.

1 person likes this.
  14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Don't respond to trolls and idiots please, just put them on ignore. :grin:

15. Jimes

Jimes Member

I don't understand this. If Parsons wanted to leave Houston and that's what happened, why would he feel scorned? He would have been happy.

This makes me think that he wanted to stay and felt offended that the Rockets didn't match.

In the end, Parsons and Fegan cared more about the $ than Parsons staying with the Rockets. Business is business but as fans we can still dream about loyalty.

16. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

17. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS, WOULD YOU TRADE HOWARD AND ARIZA FOR PARSONS?? IF YOU LOOK AT IT, WE TRADED PARSONS AND GOT HOWARD AND ARIZA......WHO WOULDN'T BE HAPPY WITH THAT!

18. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

Clutch, can you further explain this part of the article?:

"As I’ve been told, Howard’s agent Dan Fegan did not want Dwight in Houston, preferring instead to steer him to another team. Reportedly, that team was Dallas as the agent has a relationship and comfort level with Mavericks owner Mark Cuban. Dwight preferred Houston."

If Dwight wants Houston, and v.v., then why does Fegan get to make demands for his other clients (CP25) in the negotiation process. How much pull/influence do agents have in this situation? At the end of the day, it's Howard decision based on the (at-the-time) current state of the Rockets. Seems to me that Dwight wouldn't have liked Fegan pushing for CP25 to be let out of his contract since we'd be risking losing a key piece and none of the Lebron to Cle-->Bosh to Hou dominos were known about at the time. Do you think DH12 knew about the CP25 contract "agreement"?

I'm very skeptical...unless it's something Dwight viewed as positive for both he and Parsons (in a financial sense) or it was done without him knowing

19. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

Indeed, I love it when clutch posts things...you'll always get a bunch of replies that are indeed solely blatant ass kissing...

sry, had to call you out and be kind of a dick.

20. NickKent

NickKent Member

How the heck does an agent have so much power