1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ultimate "James Harden Doesn't Play Defense" Video

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Apr 18, 2014.

1. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

2. rocket3forlife2

It might have been one play, but most basketball games are decided between 2 and 8 points.....He atleast needs to know where his man is at all times.

3. rocket3forlife2

Maybe harden is getting some of these steals because he's out of place to begin with.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

So glad this site exists as a place for people from all over the world to disrespect the Houston Rockets. It would be hard for me to gather all the insults on my own.

5. jk103

jk103 Member

Some fresh meat coming in from the Lithuania game today. I know Harden's got 2 fouls but you cannot let some guy named Kuzminkas walk right around straight to the rim 1v1.

6. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

so it would have been better if he picked up his 3rd foul there instead of going off for 16+ in the 3rd quarter... people who don't recognize harden's extremely positive value on the court should be ashamed to call themselves rockets fans. You guys are constantly criticizing harden's defense when Lillard and Irving are just as bad if not worse IMO...

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

fixed

8. vlaurelio

is that the average for team usa?

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

this kind of stuff is gonna happen from now on. people that nitpick every little thing about JH unless his man does not score every time. get used to it then. because JH is not going to become some shutdown defender. he can improve and be a solid defender more consistently but if you expect an all defensive team performance youll be waiting for a long time.

10. baubo

baubo Member

Team USA is +21.8 when Harden's on the court, which is the highest +/- of all players. So either his defense isn't that bad, or he's the superstar version of Battier where he makes everyone around him better. Either way, I'll take it.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Harden has to be the best defender in the NBA for this crap to stop. He has to win DPOTY. This is the kind of **** that makes dig in deeper as a Rockets fan. **** the NBA.

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You wear your moniker well. :roll eyes:

They got it wrong! :p He lets them drive past him and reaches for the steal from behind in those situations.

13. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

If Rubio didn't miss the layup, it's a total fraud.

14. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Can anybody say with a straight face that they saw Harden putting in serious effort on defense during this Fiba tournament? I sure as hell didn't see it..

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I think if you didn't notice the effort than you don't know what you are watching.

I saw quite a bit more effort. Doesn't mean I saw a top notch defender out there, but the effort was there for a majority of his minutes. The first half of the Lithuania game had a few embarrassing defensive plays and there were some more sprinkled throughout the other games, but he tried.

By no means do I believe that steals + blocked shots = good defense, but I do think it points to effort and Harden was 2nd on the team(Davis) in those combined categories. And not all of those steals were just gambling in the passing lanes. There were plenty of legitimate steals on 1v1 situations.

16. vlaurelio

yep. coach k n thibs are hofs

17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

If Harden plays defense and puts up the same stats he will be in MVP talks but for now all he needs to work on is his defense and nothing else.

18. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

even if he does play spectacular defense 99% of the time, stupid a$$ sites like B/R and ESPN will find the 1 play that he didn't and post it as an accurate representation of his defense for the entire game...

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

Harden getting love...

[​IMG]

20. Rox11

Rox11 Member

yes i know he had 2
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Q75fMiGLIZA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>