1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you rather have Tracy McGrady at the vet min or Chandler Parsons at the max?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Sep 3, 2014.

?

Would you rather have Tracy McGrady at the vet min or Chandler Parsons at the max?

1. I'd rather have Tracy McGrady at the vet min.

85.1%
  2. I'd rather have Chandler Parsons at the max.

14.9%
  1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I wouldn't consider Yao Ming, no help.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Anyone that says Tmac was the second best player in rockets history isn't a true rockets fan at all. Moses had 3 league MVP's when Magic, Bird, and Kareem were playing. He made Dr J play second fiddle, and Charles Barkley play 3rd fiddle.

Tmac isn't even in the top 5. There are 2 players on our team right now that have accomplished more than T-mac.

3. traveler

traveler Member

ol

Rudy was another great Rocket. Throw in Calvin and that was a big 3 to me.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I still think Parsons would pan out somehow. There aren't many options out there and what point forward/ power small forward combo out there besides Lebron and KD give you constant rim attacking, an outside shot, and putbacks? They are restructuring the cap limit and Parson fans would more than make up any luxury tax in the meantime. I would have done it.... I don't see how it was a big deal to do it.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I'm the biggest fan of TMac btw and even I know it's over for him. He's gone come in here and play small ball point forward while jacking up 3s but no real ability to go after rebounds, defend or offer any put backs.

6. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

To be honest, when it first happened, I was adamant of not matching. But once the dust settled I realize just how dumb it was to begin with. I really thought DM had some secret move up his sleeve when he allowed CP to hit FA.

I was never one to blame CP though, because its plain dumb not to sign the only contract on the table.

This offseason has taught me a few things. DM isn't as clever as he thinks he is. Lots of Rox's fans are easily sold a bill of goods, and Tinman is still the worst poster on CF.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Yao Ming was help. But Howard and Harden surrounded by a roster of Ryan Bowen wouldn't be winning any series, either.

It's really simple.

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I dunno. Ryan Bowen went after loose balls and was kinda tenacious successfully or not. That kind of effort has been rare on the roster for how many seasons now? Sometimes tenacious consistency can help star players alot. The right kind. Bowen would have gone after a rebound and tossed to the vicinity of the rim from outta bounce where Howard would be able to gather and finish. Yao couldn't do that 9 out of 10 times @ that very moment.

9. hehlol

hehlol Member

I cant believe people are upset we did not match parsons. Had the rockets came up with that offer sheet all by themselves to retain parsons then they would have been just as upset. They let things like him going to a division rival and some club pics justify way overpaying parsons.

Who better than rockets fans know parson worth? We know damn well the guy cant play defense or dunk as much as he did during his rookie year which cuban is probably paying for and basing his contract off of. He cant create offense either and i am sure the mavs are expecting him to with that contract.

10. vick

vick Member

Neither