1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ultimate "James Harden Doesn't Play Defense" Video

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Apr 18, 2014.

1. dantian

dantian Member

incredibly bad defense.

2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Anybody getting on Harden for that ONE f'ing play obviously did not watch the game. There were lots of defensive lapses on the floor for Team USA and Harden was actually one of the bright spots overall on that end.

3. RyanB

RyanB Member

Thought with Thibodeau he would at least try!
    I lost hope forever in Harden playing Defense
    damn

4. Amir's Johnson

It was one play. Go **** yourself.

5. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Media loves picking on harden

6. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I swear Harden defense will increase so much if he just would glance over to his defender more often then going into full ball watching mode.

7. chandlerbang21

Harden on ball defense = check
    Harden off ball defense = fail

Reason =ball watching

8. alashley12

alashley12 Member

I saw this video circulating a couple of months ago and really shows a lack of mental fortitude on defense for harden. So far during FIBA he seems to have taken a step in a good direction. Lets hope he keeps working hard to improve his mental focus on defense.

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Horrible defense by Irving and Harden in that clip.

Fortunately, it does not reflect the game as a whole.

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Thibs probly gets pissed when he sees a player not playing defense.

11. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

You should have watched the game. That was bad D on that one play, but his overall defensive game wasn't bad. Why do you want to run down the rockets top player, aren't you a fan of his?

12. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Rockets should seriously consider any possible legal actions against this shame high school coach Nick who keeps on making these social media highlights.

He is damaging the Rockets/Harden's brand, value and earning potential.

13. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Although technically you are right, I don't see anything wrong with Harden getting a tone of **** until he has a complete NBA season under his belt where he plays defense and he is the star of the team. Steals vs bad plays is great but I want to know how active he is on the court (distance traveled per min). If it still is low, there is a good chance he is taking off too many plays and staring.

As a counter to that, I will say there is an art to knowing when to turn it on and when to take off plays and rest.

14. conquistador#11

has anybody posted the clip from Bill Morey on space jam" I don't play defense" ?

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Ahh man, he's just saving his energy for the real games.

16. recboil

recboil Member

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So 3 plays? I didn't watch the whole video but I saw the part on Harden, where the guy bragged about his popular vine.

And is Harden really the guy who is supposed to get back after the FT? During the game Fran Frischilla put that mistake on someone else (Davis I think).

18. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Coach Nick doesn't know anything about basketball. It is a wonder why this scam isn't coaching Team USA. He is a former high school basketball coach who could only keep a job for 3 years.

He didn't win **** at the high school level.

19. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Listen fellas to those expecting him to not do these complete zone out plays. This isn't him being lazy on defense or not caring. It's him having concentration issues and just zoning out. It's definitely been better so far in USA games (he catches himself doing it more often), but it will probably be a issue with him for awhile.

He has been putting in effort on the defensive end throughout Team USA games, especially when his man does have the ball.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Good post. I actually think he cares, but he has a real problem with ball watching. It's like he enters some sort of fugue state. I hope they have neuroscientists on the Rockets' payroll.