1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Around the Horn: Boston will trade Rondo because Rondo wants out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 29, 2014.

1. traveler

traveler Member

lol

Yes he did.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Celtics just used a high pick on Marcus Smart and re-signed Avery Bradley to a 4 year, $32M contract. If Beverley is to be included in the deal, it's likely that Boston will just trade him for assets in return instead of keeping him for themselves.

3. Rajjettheking

Rajjettheking Member

Definitely the third star we need. Bev + Jones + DMO + picks.

4. traveler

traveler Member

lol

Perpetual 1st round exit.

5. 34to11

34to11 Member

Because that doesn't present as a problem with this team as presently constructed (i.e., a high octane, opportunistic offense and the exceptional playmaking skills of James Harden).
    On the occasions when the Rockets do go into their half-court sets, Beverley has shown himself to be sufficiently capable of making post entry passes to D12 as well as demonstrating a pretty good knack for when to cut on those passes and when to fade out to create space.

In other words, he fits. (Bet that's the first time you've heard that huh. ;) )

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If having two superstars and trading sophomores and journeymen for a third star is going to result in nothing more than 1st round exits, there is something wrong with the larger picture.

7. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

People are dreaming.... we have nothing to offer that Boston will consider as trade partners.

Beverley? Yawn, he's basically 1/4 of Rondo.

TJones? There are plenty of TJones type of players in the league.

DMo? There are plenty of euro stash type of players in europe that were drafted and held onto by various teams.

Pelican 2015 pick? Could be around the 15-20th pick this year. This is probably our greatest trade asset outside of Howard and Harden and possibly Ariza (maybe).

Our 2015 pick? Traded to the Lakers gg. This also means we can't trade our future pick 2016 as well gg.

We have trash and unfortunately I don't see how we can get Rondo.

8. Mr Chuck Norris

In addition to two of our starters having rings, and the other two getting to the nba finals.... Yeah something would be seriously wrong

9. bmd

bmd Member

Two starters have rings?

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

That offer is significantly better than anything anyone else is making, but hey sure, he's telling them he wants to leave, so they'll just let him walk at the end of the year :rolleyes:

11. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

He doesn't really play the PG position. He is more a 3 and D guy. The ball rarely goes through him. Don't know why people compliant about Bev's stat as a PG when Harden control the ball most of the time.

12. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

If Howard wouldn't do PNR with Nash I doubt he would do it with Rondo.

Too bad the Blesdoe deal isn't going anywhere. Or else he would be a much better fit.

13. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

would be funny if the rockets got a big 3 and it ended up backfiring.

i hate this obsession with needing a big 3 to succeed.

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

What a summer.

What a summer of surprises, disappointments and unexpected let downs.

I've been lurking, recovering from a car accident, but I decided to take a step back after many things that were within reach fell through.

I was disappointed as many of you are/were, and although I do have great intel, what I was told ended up not happening. Close, but not close enough. I'm man enough to say that it wouldn't be right of me to share any more info because this summer of surprises took a shot at my so-called credibility.

I'll leave the insider stuff to Cyberx and Doc.

I still hear lots from people in the know, but I have just decided to step back and participate purely as a fan. However, just last night at an optional practice, I met a really cool guy who represents some of the Suns and Kings. Our chat back and forth really centered on how this summer was a flip flop of what was supposed to happen. Carmelo wanted to win allegedly, and chose money. LeBron wanted money, but chose to go home. Chandler spoke of loyalty and brotherhood and chose the dough. We both laughed out how the buck changes everything.

Rondo would be cool, but I'm happy with Pat Bev as a starter for now. At least he could do everything Jeremy couldn't.

I like Ariza, but Chandler will be missed. Ariza has a bit to prove, and I think he will make this time in Houston better than the first.

I'd rather the Rockets go for a legitimate 4, but we lost out on Kevin Love. Oh we were withing reach though. A guy named LeBron is everyone's dream to play with.

I can't wait for another season to start, and I firmly believe Dwight is going to have an amazing year.

I've enjoyed reading all the posts, despite some nasty messages/emails.

Love my Rockets fans, but we suffered in free agency this summer.

Either way, we've got two all stars. We're going to be fine.

1 person likes this.
  15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Within reach for Love?

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Until lebron committed to cleveland and wiggins went on the table, concurrently with lebron recruiting him.

golden state were pretty close too until that point, and then it was over.

17. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Lifetime 25% 3PT 62% FT no thanks... the ball is in Harden's hand way too much on offense to make Rondo a viable pickup and yes I realize how good he is when healthy. Anyone who has complained about Lin's outside shooting should have no business wanting Rondo. I'm fairly happy with Beverly at PG shooting 36.5% 3PT and solid D. Jones is still young too and is showing a lot of promise. Pass unless cheap or we change the offense.

18. Mr Chuck Norris

Assuming we get rondo, him and ariza

19. onreego

onreego Member

No he didn't. Yo have reading comprehension issues. And if you disagree please find the exact quote from cyberx. Stop spreading false rumors troll.

20. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Hope all is going well with the recovery. Love would have been crazy, but we couldn't come close to the CLE package.

1 person likes this.