1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cyberx News] Rockets among teams trying to trade for Bledsoe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Aug 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

This guys is guessing that Bledsoe turned down phx's offer because he wants to play for a team that really wants him and will put him in a position to shine. Basically he's guess Bledsoe wants PHX to put their money where their mouth is.

You'd think if that we're the case though he'd be inclined to take Houston's offer since he'd fit better and would have the chance to set himself apart from other Pgs on the roster.

I think he ends up taking phx's offer....they're still offering the most money than anyone else. And given his injury history he needs security more than anything else.

2. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

3. bongman

bongman Member

IMHO, stating that the sky is blue is not good info. Everybody who has any interest in the Rockets already know they are trying to land one of the phx guards.

4. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I didn't see it that way...

Basically, Mike was pretty much on point with his info on Bledsoe

I feel Bledsoe is trying to get a big contract to make sure he is covered for the future in case he gets hurt.. Phoenix is sticking with their guns and saying NO, that's why they picked up another talented pg.

I know a lot of guys on this board want Bledsoe, but i'm afraid if the Rockets give him that big contract they are going to get burned and I truly feel as if Morey has learned his lesson with Yao and T-Mac.

It was a good listen and very interesting...

T_Man

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

How so? Because Drew and Plowman said so? With all due respect to them, they aren't proven sources of information yet. Cyberx is, so until he confirmed it, it wasn't generally accepted as good information. Just because it hasn't happened, or won't, doesn't mean it didn't deserve it's own thread. A lot of people checked out of the Herculean Cyberx thread a long time ago because of what it became, so you have to pick out the confirmed information, so people don't just assume it was all rumors, speculation, or insider info that went unproven.

Just go look at that thread now, the last few pages are a cycle of people asking what's going on with other random discussions. How can anyone follow the Bledsoe talks, and how they relate to Houston, in that thread?

1 person likes this.
  6. bongman

bongman Member

There are other sources which linked us to PHX. Plowman, Cyberex, etc were not the first ones to mention that. The bledsoe to rockets started as early as July ( Bledsoe rumors )

With regards to your question on the other thread, I guess to each his own on how you want your info. To me, information on any thread claiming inside knowledge about any activity should be taken with a grain of salt.Did this thread provided more usable information regarding bledsoe?

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Is the Venture Capitol Post known for breaking sports news? To me, it looks like Bleacher Report quality from 2 years ago. Was it posted here? If you had started a thread, using that link in July, would posters have believed it or laughed it off? Would the thread have remained open? I doubt it.

The reason all that stuff remained in the larger thread was because it was unconfirmed and basically rumors. The mods left it open, so locking it wouldn't trigger new multiple threads about it (this is what R2K basically implied).

So until Cyberx confirmed it, it was just a rumor. A rumor that's been confirmed is new and more usable information. You may not think Cyberx is very credible, but he's become widely accepted by the forum now. Clutch hasn't booted him or locked up all the threads he's started, so I assume he's checked out. So, my basis for starting the thread was that it wouldn't be locked because it would be seen as a legitimate topic that needed to be tracked individually for progress.

Oh yeah, and FWIW:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I think phx gets hit hard by us. Give us a PG plzzzzz</p>&mdash; Drew (@HoustonsOwnDrew) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonsOwnDrew/statuses/488460625429815297">July 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Drew started his "PG upgrade" talk around July 12-13. Your link's story was posted on July 17. Looks like their source was Drew, or Clutchfans. In other words, where it all started..

#527 RV6, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  8. bongman

bongman Member

Like I said, it is really up to you how you want your info. I have no issues with anybody posting or claiming insider information regardless if they are authenticated insiders or not as it makes this forum fun. It doesn't really matter to me if cyberx, plowman,etc are legit or not as I enjoy all their posts.

For the sake of discussion, let's consider these posters as legit and the conversation about said claim did take place and each word was relayed to us accurately. Unless insider heared it directly from Morey, that information is at best - second hand knowledge. Hence, not USABLE (to me). It doesn't matter where you work but rumors fly around every time and most of them are false and I don't see that being any different in the Rockets organization.

Your perogative to get excited with rumors. I prefer the official announcements myself.

9. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Rockets may be looking to upgrade, doesnt mean they are going to get 1

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

This thread is about he Rockets trying to trade for Bledsoe, not any guarantees of acquiring him. So, yeah, if people are getting excited over this, it's on them. I already explained why a new thread was necessary and it wasn't to try to excite people over what Plowman or Drew practically guaranteed, which is why i left their names out in the OP. It's just rumored interest in bledsoe that was confirmed. It won't be the first, or last time, a thread was created here for that reason.

11. i3artow i3aller

Love Rubio and think he's a PnR Ninja, but it's not close.
    Curry's J is too picture perfect for there to be a serious debate.
    [​IMG]

12. bmd

bmd Member

I thought the 10 day thing was a bunch of BS. Nobody, not even Morey, knows what will happen 10 days in the future when it comes to trades and free agency.

13. sutton

sutton Member

Anyone can plow most delusional fanbase here, welcome to plowfans.net

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Like I have said from the very start, Drew and Plowman are frauds. The former is a certified fraud and gave several timelines, none of which came true. Me thinks he is just trolling. The latter has ZERO record of breaking any true insider news in the past but being a 99er, I chose to give him some benefit of doubt and listen to what he has to say albeit with a grain of salt. Only delusional folks believed them and now they're all disappointed.

Cyberx is the only kind of reliable source and although he is hit or miss and says what is most obvious, Clutch has vouched for him which is good enough. Don't remember Clutch vouching for Drew or Plowman or roe4christ or happy times shaun11.

I wonder how many lost sleep thinking about that 10 day BS timeframe ;)

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

FTW- Go back to whatever board you were at in 2010....

16. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Some of the most prominent members on this board have vouched for Plowman, and that is good enough for me. He has never claimed to be an insider, but his information definitely aligns with the current situation. Just because something did not happen today, or doesn't happen, does not mean the information was not giving insight into the organization. With that said, I do think it is ill-fated to throw a countdown on something with so many, uncontrollable variables.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You do know trade talks are fluid. I doubt Morey himself puts a timeframe on anything.

Why give a Saturday timeframe (Drew) or a 10 day timeframe (Plowman)? Obviously, posters are going to be skeptical, moreso when you have no previous insider track record.

Either way, to each his own.

18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

It's possible his short said something would leak by the end of the weak and he added a few days on for safety. Now it's not coming to fruition, because, as you pointed out, trade talks are fluid. Although, the timeline has not expired. I've got really nothing to get me through the next month until training camp. Wow, that actually feels calming. 4 weeks until training camp. At least these 10 day-wait-for-its pass the time. I'd gladly trade 4 more for Our Next Coach thread and Random Trade Idea Not in Random Trade Thread thread.

Either way, I am okay with going into this season. No matter who we pick up, we at least have 4 exciting players in Howard, Harden, Ariza (defense!), and Beverly (defense!). I have no problem going forward until Feb. with Dmo and Jones at the 4. Either one of them will blossom, or I'd bet Morey makes a trade. I think both have a good chance of blossoming, despite Basketballholic's naysaying.

If Harden can carry this defensive intensity we're seeing from him in the Olympics over to next season and the playoffs specifically (he can rest for half the season for all I care, just play D when it counts, i.e. 4th qtr and every second of the playoffs), than we are bound to have a dominant season.

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I am surprised to see so many people bash Plowman and Drew right now over their information. Are we going to get Bledsoe? That is yet to be determined. But there are sources that link us to an attempt at Bledsoe. I don't think that information is just coming from either Drew or Plowman. Morey is not as r****ded as some of us make him out to be. He does not need a spotlight on Bledsoe to see that he is better than any pg we currently have on our roster. We are in a win now situation and Morey knows that. He is going to go after either Bledsoe and Dragic as long as it doesn't hurt us long term. Putting a date on a transaction is definitely difficult especially with how greedy everyone is. Even if Bledsoe wanted to come here, the Phoenix Suns have to agree to it and will not allow Bledsoe to walk for nothing. This situation is not like the Parson one where Dallas had the ability to just sign Parson to a ridiculous contract with no way for us to match. We are going to have to do a sign and trade to keep all parties happy. In doing so Phoenix is going to milk every team they can that wants him. Again Morey is not Stupid. He will not trade everything for just one player like Dawson did in order to get Barkley. Do we need a big three? Yes! But what good is a big three when everyone else on our roster is going to suck because we can't pay anyone. Think of Miami's dilemma. The Spurs are great because not only do they have a big three still in Duncan, Manu, and Parker but they have been able to surround them with amazing role players as well. Patience is key. Someone is going to give in eventually in Phoenix. Maybe not tonight but definitely within the season.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This.