1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cyberx News] Rockets among teams trying to trade for Bledsoe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Aug 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'd like Rubio here tbh. He's as good a defender as Rondo and they both suck as shooters.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I get why people like Rubio, but I just can't get on board with adding somebody who's going to demand the kind of contract he wants while also being statistically one of the worst shooters the game has seen.

3. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Why rubio? Is that the new rumor? I cant here what Plowman posted here at work? Can someone explain?

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

One of Plowman's sources states we have inquired into Rubio; I believe Plowman posted that Minnesota would want DMo / NJohnson / NO 2015 1st / future protected 1st.

At least, I think it was Minnesota stating that this is what it would take. I don't think Morey said, "OK, how about...?"

But in any case, there it is.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

As bad a mid range shooter as Rondo is, Rubio is quite a bit worse. Plus, Rubio is an astonishingly bad finisher at the rim whereas Rondo is not.

[​IMG]
    But I don't believe the Rockets are seriously considering Rubio. Morey knows better than to do that.

6. Fighton

Fighton Member

Rubio? really?? he's gotta be the most overrated guy in the league, living off of his reputation and highlight film passes from age 16.

the fact that the wolves haven't sniffed the playoffs in years despite having both rubio and love on the same team tells you that these two are extremely overrated.

so who do you give the ball to? harden or rubio?

give the ball to rubio, then harden becomes a spot up shooter. and trust me, harden is NOT gonna want to a spot up shooter.

give the ball to harden, then what's rubio good for? defense? like beverley except you're paying him near max? at least beverley is a decent spot up shooter.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't know. He was ready to trade away the roster years ago in order to get the guy but Adelman balked ("Are you trying to get me fired?")

Of course the bloom is off the rose a bit after Rubio's less-than-stellar first three seasons. But one of those years was robbed by an injury; and wouldn't Morey/Les pay for what Rubio can bring (stellar passing, strong defense) and rub a rabbit's foot while praying he learns to shoot (especially if you get Lucas or Calvin to work with him)?

It also might lure Llull over finally.

So, I don't know. As Billy Joel says, "You may be right" (da duh duh duh duh duh) "I may be crazy; but it just might be RU-bi-o we're look-ing foooor..."

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Morey has had a crush on Rubio since forever and at age 23 I don't see Morey stopping now. Like I said I like Rubio and on this team the only thing he needs to do to surpass Beverly and be the perfect starter on this team is develop a corner 3. Not even a great one but over 34% like Bev's.

9. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

You guys are fired up for nothing. I could be wrong, but I think Plowman was just poking fun at me. LOL

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Pretty freaking hilarious. :)

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

Rubio is worth the risk. He's a plus distributor, defender, stealer and rebounder.

Probably jumping the gun a little, but I'd trade DMo, Canaan and NOP 1st for him. Then go get Ilyasova with the Lin TPE and go to war.

Rubio / Beverley
    Harden / Daniels
    Ariza / Papanikolaou
    Ilyasova / TJones
    Howard / Dorsey

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You surround Rubio with better shooters you're going to get better results.

Harden is a more effective scorer than Martin
    Ariza is definitely better at shooting 3s than Brewer
    Howard finishes around the rim a lot better than Pekovic

The only mismatch is Love and Jones. The other plus is that you get him those shooters you have a chance of cutting down his attempts in the mid-range game where he's atrocious at.

That being said, I hope the Rockets don't give up a ton to get the guy, knowing that he's wanting max money for the little he's done so far in the NBA.

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

Nah.....Rubio does his work from the wings and top of the key. He wouldn't be an off-ball player like Beverley.

To be effective, Rubio needs a very good wing-3 (which he already has), to eliminate his mid-range game, and to figure out his issues around the basket.

14. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

What happened to the Phx PGs? How'd the Rubio stuff start

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That is true, but with a few seasons of seeing Rubio in action - and underperforming throughout - I just don't see Morey still being interested. If Morey values a shot at the basket more than any other FG attempt, and if Rubio is the worst in the NBA at shooting at the basket... I'm not seeing it.

Plus, let's not forget that Rubio wants the max next year. It's not like he's coming over on a long, team friendly contract. We could have a Bledsoe situation next offseason - except that our Bledsoe is worse than the real Bledsoe.

Is that really something you can "figure out"? I don't think so. Either you can finish at the rim or you can't, it's not like just shooting 1,000 jumpers a day in an empty gym. Are there any examples of guys who are terrible at finishing at the rim who suddenly become good?

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

i agree..not sure why people think rubio is any good..hes good for racking up assist in fantasy basketball but thats pretty much it. elite defender? lol nah i dont think so. him and rondo in same class as far as defenders? no way

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Rondo is an elite mid range shooter.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

regardless rubio isn't even close to what Rondo was pre-injury. Rondo could get to the bucket and get high % shots there. He found ways to score. Rubio on the other hand can't. I'd rather have beverly over rubio any day

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't know about elite, but that wasn't the point of my post.

Regardless, your correction is noted.