1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgusted By JLin Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cincymmb, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Neped

Neped Member

*fixed

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he has succeeded , he's just not consistent

my point? Michael Hutchense was the lead singer of INXS, Lin is not him, you can't build a team around him as the best player.

During the season , Lin fans criticize Harden, Beverly, and McHale for not letting Lin play to his 'potential'. Well, that's all on Lin.

I wouldn't say he's Garbage either. We wanted Lin to be consistent, it's not like we're only happy when it rains

3. Razsan

Razsan Member

Being a Beatle fan....I actually got that! :cool:

4. tinman

Supporting Member

ok dude, you can stay here on clutchfans! :grin:

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So if I understand correctly, you're a little black Asian girl?

1 person likes this.
  6. fuzzthetone

fuzzthetone Member

i just don't get why people here keep saying Rockets have a better roster and will have a better season with no depth on the bench...maybe lin is not a part of Rockets championship plan, but at least he provided some depth with harden not on the court~ i doubt if rockets can make it to the playoff with such poor bench depth. Maybe Ariza can replace Parsons to certain degree, but a mini-harden like lin is not easy to find despite his boneheaded plays, sometimes~

7. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

Because the offseason is not over and they think they can find someone to replace Lin's production?

8. cincymmb

cincymmb Member

Give me a #%^* break Tinman....oh I get it, the Rockets are in a win now mode so we don't need a quality backup in Lin and a first round pick (which gives us the leverage to make trades to become a contender). Worst case Lin plays out the season as a better backup than Ish/Canaan and walks leaving us with a first AND cap room next offseason. Best case he improves and we get something at the trade deadline (with his expiring contract) instead of absolutely nothing (and losing a 1st rd pick) in what has turned into a disastrous offseason. Also, everyone needs to give Razaan a break....there is nothing wrong with becoming a Rockets fan b/c he liked Lin. If he is still a fan that's great. You all act like he committed murder or something.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

lin is just a mediocre backup guard at best and not worth even 5m

asik is a quality backup center well worth 15m and a first round pick

10. fuzzthetone

fuzzthetone Member

trust me, no backup PG only worth 5 million can perform better than Lin on the court~ none of them are playmakers~

this is also the reason why Cuban thinks Parsons is worth that much because Parsons have similar properties~and parsons' basketball skills are not even as complete as Lin's

the biggest hole in Lin's game is his stupid decision-making forced sometimes by his inexperience or Mchale's inability, but without a doubt, he got decent basketball skills and work ethic! that's why I think losing a multi-functional player as well as a scapegoat will result in failure in Rockets because Harden and Dwight's ego issue will gradually emerge in the following season~

11. tinman

Supporting Member

A backup what? point guard? you mean a guy who doesn't know when to call timeout in a playoff game?

for what? 15 million bucks? nope. time to let someone else shine

12. fuzzthetone

fuzzthetone Member

lin not calling a timeout is out of his inexperience or probably just being a scapegoat of Mchale, who was clueless in the entire series~

a qualified coach will specify what to do or what not to do, most importantly, to set plays when the game is close in final minutes

an incapable coach, that r****ded 8-man rotation cost us the series, not just that timeout

by the way, who the hell claimed Asik couldn't co-exist with Dwight and gave upon him, but suddenly put him in that playoff rotation? Mchale did~

13. TheJet

TheJet Member

Pretty sure it was clear that the players were told to call a time out in that situation, yes? And blaming it on Lin's inexperience? Come on man. They teach that stuff in middle school ball.

I won't defend McHale because I do think he's a big part of why we lost that series, but Lin had a hand in it too. Hell, every player not named Dwight Howard contributed something to the losses.

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

Don't forget University of Houston screwing over the local NBA team by stealing away their top assistant coach. Hurts even more with the Rockets being one of the youngest teams in the league.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

That's absolute rubbish. There are quite a few back up PG's who make less than 5 million and outperform Lin.

Let's start with Reggie Jackson

Lin is a mediocre back up. That's about it.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Not sure if stupid or delusional
    But LOF for sure

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dude pass the bong.

Ummm 1) Lin's getting paid $14.9 mill. 2) Ricky Rubio $ 4.7 mill, Andre Miller $4.6, Mo Williams $3.8, Patty Mills $3.5, Damian Lillard $3.3, Randy Foye $3.0, Michael Carter-Williams $2.3, Nate Robinson $2.1. . . .

You mean Lin didn't call a time out in order to be a scapegoat for McHale? Weird. No, he was just inexperienced? Well it's a little late to be learning the basics of basketball. I think my mom would have known to call a time out then. . . .

18. dantian

dantian Member

As a fan of Lin's, I only blamed McHale for not giving Lin a fair chance.

19. baubo

baubo Member

While I don't agree with his statement, there's no need to be purposely using comparisons to rookie contracts. Lin signed as a FA. So he should be compared as such.

A good comparison would be Isiah Thomas, who signed for $6.6mil/yr this offseason. Thomas is overall a better player by pretty much all measures, whether you go with raw stats, per-minute stats, various forms of plus-minus, ratings, everything.

Come next offseason, unless he reverts back to Linsanity level of play for a full season, he's getting at most MLE money.

20. Exiled

Exiled Member

i thought we were looking for reliable bench player who can play:rolleyes: