1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden Makes Team USA. Parsons Left Off

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mav-Hater, Aug 23, 2014.

1. roksoer

roksoer Member

2 things:

1. This is the most butthurt fanbase in the world. Parsons played well for us, he brought it most nights, he really was the glue sometimes for this team, he helped us win a lot of games, he was absolutely the third best player on this team, he progressed every year and didn't cause any drama.
    Morey treats players like assets we all know that. All given information suggests that no one told Parsons what would happen with his contract - he was treated as an asset (which is something we shouldn't support, btw, this is not how we want the future of sports to be) and was let go. Of course he's gonna feel offended, who wouldn't. Of course he said he is worth this new contract, what was he suppossed to say? They overpaid me? I don't deserve this much money? Get a grip, most of you are acting like you just got dumped, and are going through the breakup stages, which leads me to my second point.

2. I don't know if your beauty standarts are different than here in Europe, but Parsons is nowhere near as good-looking as you've been making him out to be. Objectively he is average looking at best, the guy still has acne for crying out loud, he still can't grow a full beard, his nose is all screwed up, his head is of a weird shape and his haircut is straight up stupid. This has been puzzling me ever since he got drafted.

3 people like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm with you on the 'looks' thing. Never understood that.

But people who make your pro-Parsons argument tend to forget how he left the team. (Hint: He went clubbing with an arch-rival owner/GM and signed a contract that pretty much guaranteed things couldn't work out for his current team).

Seems like ample reason to be a bit sour on him. I hope Dallas just invested all of that money in a lemon - he isn't a Rocket any more.

3. roksoer

roksoer Member

Well, clubbing is just like a modern day meeting I suppose...
    Who turns down a huge contract like that?

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Lol no.. Just no.

A modern day meeting would be attending an office where it's quiet, sitting down and thinking things through. Much like Daniels did.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's not the question. Let me help you a bit...

Q: Who signs a huge offer sheet structured in such a way that it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that his current team won't match it to keep him?

A: Someone who doesn't first bother to check if his current team will give him something close to the terms in that sheet because he's really pretty much a douche who doesn't give a **** about that current team.

Q: Why would he sign the contract in a nightclub and pose with his new douchey owner?

A: Because birds of a feather, that's why.

1 person likes this.
  6. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Girls would disagree with you on that...if you're arnt a girl yourself

7. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

For a lot of Rockets fans it's not that he left. It's the fact that he signed the contract in a club and posted that stupid video on the internet. And his brother didnt do him any favors. I liked him because he was a Rocket..he's not a Rocket anymore and his last year he was beginning to get on my nerves with his thirst to be a model and apparently "The Bachelor". The last Houston athlete who got so much attention for his hair was David Carr and we know how that worked out. hanging out with the Baby Kartrashian was the last straw.

8. traveler

traveler Member

Watt attracts more female groupies than Parsons ever will.

9. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

You don't sign a contract in a club unless you're doing some sort of drug contract. It's unprofessional. And even more so when you take a picture right after, basically sending a message of "Yeah, f*€k off Rockets. I just signed a contract to screw over everything you are working on." If anything it was selfish of him to agree on such a contract and showed he either wanted to screw over the Rockets or doesn't understand how RFA works.

We did him a huge favor by letting him get paid a year earlier, and in turn he ran to the first and probably only max offer on the table. Which was made to spite Morwy in the first place, as Cuban admitted. Cuban didn't want Parsons at all until Melo skimped off on him and he wasn't going to get any of the big free agents. He just saw Parsons as a way to mess with Morey.

The contract itself is a joke. Parsons comes out a big winner but it hurts every team that has to deal with it. If the Rockets matched, we lost all flexibility for the rest of Howard's prime. A waste. The Mavs are going to be a mess for the rest of Dirk's career. Unless you really think Parsons is worth all that money.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think the contract negotiation with Morey went something like this

P:I think I am a cornerstone player for this team, I want the max
    M: lol.. get a load of this guy, here's 8 mil a year, take it or leave it

11. roksoer

roksoer Member

Okay, okay you might have convinced me he's a douche, but you won't convince me he's good looking!

12. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

Is it weird that I still style my hair Chandler Parsons style?

13. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

He regressed defensively to boost his offensive production. I wonder why.

14. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

No and if I still had hair I would too.

15. Solaris

Solaris Member

If they need size, why not pick Dwight?

16. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

you guys jump to conclusions without finding out all the facts... Parsons explained the reason he signed the contract in the club was because he was already at the club when Cuban flew in and wanted to sign the contract ASAP, so he met him at the club. It wasn't planned.

Anyways Parsons was obviously one of the least talented players on that roster but I think they would have been better off keeping him or Hayward over Cousins

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, in US America, we don't take the internet so seriously as you seem to be. Most of are are having fun with the Blander Parsons stuff. It's much more about the Mavs than it is about him.

#57 B-Bob, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  18. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

I don't think he wanted to play

19. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

me earlier when reading about it

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

This news offends me as I'm sure it offends Parsons....