1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

No, he will toss a crispy ass dime, because that's what he does. Howard would be in heaven if we got Rubio, Rubio has been playing with Love and Pekovic so he really knows how to set up a big men, don't ever underrate how important passing, setting up are all stars AND role players, can be, just watch the finals again if you question the importance of passing. Rubio will focus on passing and defense, Harden and Howard will focus on scoring.

Plus, Rubio is JUST about to turn 24, and Harden is JUST about to turn 25, our back court will be set for the better part of a decade.

2. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Wolves would probably
    Try to unload Martin on us

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hadn't heard about Faried, until everyone else found out.

But, as most know....You should add Rondo to that list

4. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Plowman lol with the Happy Times. Right on brother. Keep on pushing. Thanks for keeping this offseason in tact and very entertaining.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Well, we are almost two-thirds of the way through the offseason, we will know soon enough.

6. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

With Rubio, we'd have to be a running team to get the best out of that squad. Half court woes would be even worse than last year. Ball movement won't matter if the defense is content with sending Rubio's man to double team. Defensive rotations won't be necessary for the opponent. Let Rubio shoot the rock. He even struggles finishing at the basket. Pretty soon, the league will adjust and let him go to the basket.

7. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

The "Rubio can't shoot" thing is a bit of a red herring. The real issue is his inability to score efficiently in the paint. It's pretty much all that's standing between him becoming Jason Kidd 2.0

Trouble is, I don't know if the issue is correctable.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Plowman has had me giddy/nervous/skeptical/on edge for the better part of 2 months now. I hope it comes through, my friend. Thanks for the information regardless of what goes down.

1 person likes this.
  9. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

More concerned with the lack of assistant coach/competent head coach than the roster at this point.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Doesn't matter if you shoot 35-40% at the rim or not because, everybody respects layups whether you can hit them or not. You may see teams allowing bad shooters to shoot, but never has anybody allowed open layups no matter what there finishing ability is. No matter what, when Rubio drives to the basket, gets past his man because of his incredible quickness and ball handling, he draws defenders to the paint and always will. Him driving under the basket and kicking out to Love or Pekovic was his main assist-shot, it was money, all day.

11. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Yeah, while the stats don't always tell the full story, they are pretty alarming with Rubio.

It was easy to know that someone like Battier was helping us win games - he passed the eyeball test, regardless of stats.

Rubio doesn't really do that. At least yet. Seems like many of his fans are betting on the come/future/upside/improvement.

12. baubo

baubo Member

Interesting. Wouldn't they prefer more NBA ready returns given that they're not tanking? I would've expected Jones and Beverley here or some sort of a 3-way deal where the picks go elsewhere.

Personally I would do that deal. But I'm definitely biased because I've loved Rubio since the draft and believe his game can improve with our development system.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

What day of the countdown are we on? Day 5?

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Rubio would be worth more than Bledsoe at this point, given the respective contracts. It wouldn't really make much sense for Minnesota to give stuff up in that sort of scenario.

#8334 Aleron, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  15. traveler

traveler Member

Please...no Rubio.

16. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I'm not sold on Rubio being a starter for a title team. Especially the with harden opposite him being ball dominate. His lack of shooting is a big red flag.

17. finsraider

finsraider Member

He's got that potential. To be effective in Houston, we will need at least 3 shooters on the floor at all times, which means we need a stretch 4.

There's really two routes you can go here. Either you try to solve PG and PF in one trade, or you do one and hope you can figure the other one out by the trade deadline.

I'll say this, if the rockets get Rubio, TJones is going to average 16-17 points a game during the regular season.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It won't be long now. Another hundred pages or so.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Total reach here...

Orlando Antigua - nick name "Hurricane", current coach of the Dominican republic national team, also assistant coach of Kentucky Wildcats from 2009-2014. Eric Bledsoe played under Antigua and the Kentucky Wildcats during the 2009-10 season.

So...Bledsoe to Houston?

Do I win Plowman?! Lol

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't see the Wolves trading Rubio before the season starts.

Given that they decided to essentially trade a 1st round pick for Thaddeus Young, it would seem like the Wolves are, at least for the moment, trying to win as many games as possible for whatever reason-- probably Glen Taylor (the owner) and Flip Saunders' ego. I don't see them making a current talent for future assets trade until some time into the season if/when their record has them well out of the playoffs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.