1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Disgusted By JLin Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cincymmb, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

Yao, I loved yao, he had so much potential. I thought he was a bit soft though.

2. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

^This made me laugh out loud. Great!

You guys KNOW we will not be done with LOFs. Every time he scores 15 or more pts for the lakers (even if they lose) they will have to come in here and let us know it. It's going to be a mess, i tell yah!!! And lawdy lawdy if he has a good game against us .... clutch will have to shut down the site.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

And yao's softer than Lin? When did you start watching the rockets anyway?

4. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

Not comparing Yao to Lin. Just comparing Yao and his unmet potential.

5. vlaurelio

You said Yao is not aggressive, not hungry, and soft. Would you say the same about Lin?

6. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

Well actually it's okay to be fans of teams and Players.

I was a Lebron Only Fan, not a fan of the HEAT. but Since I think he connived his way to get Love by getting rid of Wiggins, that really makes me upset with Lebron and the
    storyline in general .

I will be a fan of Lin , but not really the Lakers. If he stinks , he stinks. if gets injured god forbid, that will be disappointing. Life goes on dude.

7. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

two different types of Players, hard to compare. I think Lin for the tools he was given is going to fulfill his potential. Yao, thought had top 5 all time potential, the next Kareem really. could should the 3, 7-5, could move was strong and savvy with his post moves. That's why I mean.

Yao had one great year where I thought he was finally going to meet his destiny. averaged like 25 PPG. And with T-Mac who is a great player, Yao kind of regressed the next year. I didn't see the fearless attacking player that is necessary in this blood sport. So that's how I see Yao. You may see things differently but it's just sports banter anyways.

8. vlaurelio

First, to call Yao Ming not aggressive, not hungry, and soft tells me you didn't watch the nba in 2009

Do you know why Yao didn't fulfill his potential? You know it had nothing to do with him being not aggressive, not hungry, and soft right?

9. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Harden's Usage was 15th in the league last year while he was 5th in scoring. His Usage is lower than any other top 13 scorer.

10. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

I know he had a fracture in his foot that pre-maturely ended his career.

I watched the NBA in 2009 of course. Maybe not to the fervor you do. I'm just making my evaluations. I love Ming, he did so much for china and the NBA. I just hoped he could be the next Kareem and see a dream so unforseen come true for Him and china. I am not Chinese btw, but Korean.

11. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

I stand corrected. If that's true than top 15 is still a very high usage rate. He's great, no argument. I thought his usage was a big higher than that.

12. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

13. vlaurelio

howbout the 2009 playoffs? would you call yao mings performance not agresive, not hungry, and soft?

14. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

to be honest I didn't see it. As i said, you probably have better insight to Ming than I. However, just from seeing him from afar, I thought he could eclipse Nowitzki or at least equal his accomplishments with the tools that Yao was given from Mother Nature.

I expected him to be a great 3 point shooter, and his coaches made him sit in the post, which is smart, but why not use his shooting skills for a 7-5 dude like Dirk Did?

He should be rebounding at least 12 boards a game and block 2-3 shots a game. that's the kind of player I was expecting. Only in 2006 did he start meeting his potential a bit.

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

No wonder your are a LOF.

16. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

I'm kind of confused. How does being a Ming fan translate me to being a LOF? can you expound on that?

17. vlaurelio

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WxLpeaUvhsc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6jRXhj1PpFU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

19. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

Oh i see, now I get it. Personally attacking me for an opinion, is kind of ludicrous of you to do that. Yao shot sometimes over 85 from the stripe, he could have improved it to probably to 85-90 FT. He was a great shooter
    and he had range if the coaches allowed him to shoot behind the arc.

They wanted Dirk to sit in the post and be a traditional post up guy for his height. Dirk stayed true to who he was and re-invented the game of Basketball with the stretch four position that is now popular in the NBA.

If you could eloborate why you think my theory is bonkers go ahead. Otherwise you are sounding like a fool to me.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

so he was supposed come in and dominate right away? Instantly produce to that potential?