1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starting PG opening night

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, Aug 14, 2014.

?

#1 PG

1. Patrick Beverley

244 vote(s)
    66.5%
  2. Goran Dragic

47 vote(s)
    12.8%
  3. Eric Bledsoe

24 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. Rajon Rondo

27 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. Ricky Rubio

9 vote(s)
    2.5%
  6. other

16 vote(s)
    4.4%
  1. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

How can you vote for a player who is not even on the team yet?

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This type of question is commonly called a hypothetical question

3. cebu

cebu Member

4. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

5. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

james haren

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

no more moves till midseason. this is your team...dat bench tho...yikes

7. sutton

sutton Member

Tony dogulas

8. MONON

MONON Member

I voted for Beverly, because I don't think we'll be able to trade for Dragic. I would love to see it happen though.

I don't want Rhondo though. Yes his on court veteran leadership, offense running skills & defense are much needed. However, these needs are offset by his history of running afoul of coaches & teammates and his shooting woes. Last year he shot .403 from the field, .289 from 3 & .627 from the line. That means our starters ft% would be: DH .574, TJ .618/Dmo .612, TA .696, RR .627 & JH .849. At the end of the game with small ball, we could sub PB .818 for TJ/Dmo and that would be a little better. My main concern with Rhondo is in a close game we'd only have 1 or 2 players shooting over 70% from the line. That's not a recipe to close out wins.

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

I said Bledsoe. Just a gut feeling.

We signed KPap for the extra salary to complete a trade, and Bledsoe still hasn't signed with PHX. A SnT for Bledsoe is starting to feel inevitable....whether with Houston or another team.

Again, agree with Plowman....Bledsoe ain't taking the QO.

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Dragic if the trade price was equal. But Rondo could be had for less, Dragic will probably cost TJones plus the Pel's pick. Rondo should probably only cost Pel's pick plus fodder (KPap and non-guaranteed contracts, and maybe Canaan), but not TJones.

11. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Would you rather have Bledsoe or Rondo, if the trade price was equal (i.e. we keep T.Jones)?

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Why? Why bump?

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Why not? It's still an ongoing poll and probably would have been re-created soon.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bledsoe. Both are elite defenders & injury prone but Bledsoe is younger, better shooter and just a better fit for the Rockets.

16. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I like this team with Rondo better than a team with Purses, I mean parsons and Bosh. We would have two P.G. that can defend with a better defensive small forward. Jones and Harden will be better on defense this year but the hopelessness of no coaching will have us out in the second round. Just good enough to leave us stuck with McHale for another year.

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone expecting someone other than Patrick Beverley will most likely be disappointed.

He will most likely be our starter.

18. CertifiedTroll

Who ever Milk Hair plays.

19. Rokman

Rokman Member

Hey Bev! You're my boy! You are the heart and soul of this team! If you're not starting, we're not winning. I'm behind you 100%. You are not our junkyard dog, you're our junkyard pit bull. You have been putting in the work this offseason and we're going to see a few new things from you next year. Rockets, Let's roll!!

20. ChrisInAZ

ChrisInAZ Member

To those who think Goran Dragic or Eric Bledsoe is going to be the Rockets starting PG when the season starts, you're dreaming.

Dragic? Zero chance. Negative zero! The Suns organization and us fans love the guy...he is the face of the franchise. Most of us were pissed when he was traded 3 years ago...there'd be a riot if he was traded back to Houston. The only way he ends up with you guys is if Harden is part of the deal, and even then there would be many angry. What in the world would the Rockets trade to get the Dragon? Just cross Goran off of your wish list.

Bledsoe? I guess there's some small chance...maybe some three-way deal, but (it seems) no one on this board cares to consider the CBA. Even if Eric Bledsoe agreed to play for the Rockets at 12 to 13 million per, what is Morey going to aggregate to come up with the 9+ million needed as outgoing salary. He'd have to convince our FO to accept about 6 player pu-pu platter of contracts to even get close. If Bledsoe wants max? Add even more players/contracts. Your road to Bledsoe is almost non-existant due to the salaries on the Rockets.