1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Proposal (Memphis)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xtraordinary1, Jun 13, 2003.

1. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

That statement should read "Brevin Knight WAS one of the best pure passers in the league 6 years ago." Since then his career has gone downhill. I agree he is a better overall passer and very slightly better defender, but he turns the ball over almost twice as much as Mooch and has played more than 55 games only 2 times in his career. I'll stick with the guy than can give me 82 games and arguably similar day-in day-out production.

2. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Was? He still is! Injury concerns aside, he's still one of the best passers in the league. Two things happened though: he hasn't gotten the minutes lately to get big assists numbers, and people have figured out that he hits about 1 out of 10 of his jumpers. He's still a damn good defender too, and he's still an excellent decision-maker.

3. Xtraordinary1

Xtraordinary1 Contributing Member

I must say this is still the best trade proposa of all the "trade proposals".

4. Xtraordinary1

Xtraordinary1 Contributing Member

I must say this is still the best trade proposal of all the "trade proposals".

5. RocketsPimp

That's like saying retirement aside, Magic Johnson is still one of the best passers in the league. Hell we might as well say Kelvin Cato is one of the best rebounders in the league. He did average 16.5 rebounds per 48 minutes last year.

You have to take everything into consideration and Knight's injuries are a major concern. He may be one of the best passers per 48 minutes but the guy can't stay on the floor long enough to be one of the best passers in the league. The NBA doesn't even have him listed(Assists/48min) because once again he was unable to play the minimum 70 games(only 55 games) to be tracked in that category. Another stat, during his 7 years in the league he has only managed to play more than 22 minutes per game 4 times. The last thing the Rockets need is another injury prone player.

6. RocketsPimp

Maybe most realistic of all the trade proposals, but looking at the other proposals, that isn't saying much and hardly worth saying it twice.

;)