1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Saw it last year with subs and enjoyed the movie. I loved the DB series, so it was nice seeing another movie made. I'm used to DB in English though, so I might watch it again later. Apparently another movie is being made and should come out next year.

2. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Why?!?! WHY DID THAT HAVE TO HAPPEN!?!?

3. cdastros

cdastros Member

I fell your pain :(

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

"Get on my level, b****es." -Akame ga Kill this week.

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I got behind because of vacations and stuff.

Finally caught up on all the sports animes... Haikyuu, Ace of diamond, Free, and Baby Steps. Also keeping up with Ao Haru Ride, Nozami-kun and Love Stage (which is better than I expected... silly and fun) I still have to catch up on Aldnoah, Invaders, Glasslip, Akame Ga Kill, and Sailor Moon.

I'm watching almost all different ones than most of you guys this season. I haven't finished the first SAO and the rest of the ones yall mentioned weren't even on my radar.

I think summer is the most difficult time to stay caught up... though I didn't do great during spring either.. I still have a few I put on hold from then that I'd like to finish.

6. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

honestly just watch episodes 1-9 of SAO and go to the 2nd season, the 2nd arc sucks imo... if it wasn't in the light novels I'd think it was some lame filler. :(

7. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Last eps of aGK made no sense, I hate it when animes do that. She cuts off her arms twice instead of killing her. If you watched the previous eps, they always go for the kill. Then, she has a gun in her throat...really?

8. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Ao haru ride and monthly girls' nozaki-kun are awesome! Still need to get caught up on Ao haru ride, but nozaki-kun is juat a fun watch, the type for quick laughs.

9. Hayesfan

I only made it to episode 4 or 5 I think. I may have been spoiled by Log Horizon... because that was sort of what I was expecting SAO to be.

I also just found out that Working (Wagnaria) is going to have a 3rd season (YAY!). It's pretty funny if you are looking for something simple and haven't seen the first two seasons. I am hoping they can finish out the story with the end of the manga series. It's supposed to end in December.

Is anyone watching Rooster Teeth's RWBY?

Yes it is! The one this week is one of my favorites... I just love Waka and the Seo/Lorelei storyline! :) Makes me giggle every time I think of Nozaki's expression when Waka brings up his lovely Lorelei moments after hating on Seo. That is one that the manga material is made better by the necessary additional anime scenes/visuals to the storyline.

#1389 Hayesfan, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  10. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Just finished Attack on Titan. It was pretty entertaining but wish it went more in-depth explaining the story.

11. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Get with the times breh, AoT was sooo last year! :p

12. cdastros

cdastros Member

RWBY is pretty good. The art style can be off-putting at first, but I eventually got used to it. Plus they do a great job with the fight scenes. I do miss season one intro song though. :(

13. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Love RWBY. I remember I used to love watching those Dead Fantasy videos that Monty Oum made

Just caught up on Akame ga Kill and DAMN. Hoping for some major retribution there

Aldnoah no Zero stays good and I've been savoring every episode on Zankyou no Terror. Dat music at the end of episode four of ZnT was so mmmm good. Love some Yoko Kanno soundtracks

Also watched the first two episodes of Monthly Girls Nozaki and not too bad. I may stick with it. Those comedy romance animes really have to catch my interest early for me to stick with them

14. Hayesfan

It's not really a comedy romance... it's mainly just comedy. Even the manga has very little of the typical romantic scenes... and they are very very spread out.

I had the same problem with RWBY at first but not it doesn't bother me as much. I do like the first season song better, but I like this seasons theme as well. I'm hoping they get more into the plot this season... the first one seemed like all exposition :)

15. joesr

joesr Member

Just finished the first season of sword art online and now starting with AoT.

16. droopy421

droopy421 Member

I still haven't watched all of Cowboy Bebop, I'm slow!!

17. Hayesfan

Me either! And it was the very first anime recommended to me because I love Firefly. Apparently the have a similar audience.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  19. cdastros

cdastros Member

Loved the aldnoah zero episode.

Plus that sword art online 2 friend zone. I feel bad for the kid.

20. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

They are releasing a Premium Edition Blu Ray collection for Cowboy Bebop at the end of this year. No details yet on what extras will be included, but its up for preorder at amazon and funimation is supposed to have their own premium edition that's different from amazon's

Love Cowboy Bebop so I will be getting this. Fingers crossed that it includes the movie on Blu Ray as well