1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas: James Harden wouldn't tolerate being the third highest paid player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 26, 2014.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

And the original tweeter's reply to me, FWIW --

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Absolutely not. Translated what was supposed to be a transcribtion. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/aprilnicole82">@aprilnicole82</a> Lots are saying your translation is off. Intentional?</p>&mdash; Simonas Baranauskas (@LithuaniaBasket) <a href="https://twitter.com/LithuaniaBasket/statuses/497833271091539969">August 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Do we have Lituanians here to verify actual translation

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Parsons only fan? I didn't know there was such a thing.

4. Fighton

Fighton Member

\

good for dwight to set the record straight.

btw, dwight doesn't have to prove anything to anybody except for his own teammates. and from what i gathered, he's already proven to be a great teammate.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You look mighty stupid now. #cringe

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

deleted

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

Like I said earlier, the media has it in for us. I knew this was spun by somebody with a personal agenda, be it getting clicks on their story or the like.

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Would like to apologize for the confusion &amp; especially to <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot">@DonatasMot</a> for playing a big part in the broken telephone. <a href="http://t.co/TeBBzLHqjK">pic.twitter.com/TeBBzLHqjK</a></p>&mdash; Simonas Baranauskas (@LithuaniaBasket) <a href="https://twitter.com/LithuaniaBasket/statuses/497869504232583168">August 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Spending all this time in Lithuania I understand the media in here it's a joke.From the funny radio show that we try do make with Radistai</p>&mdash; Donatas Motiejunas (@DonatasMot) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot/statuses/497875725232660481">August 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>This **** come out . They took a jokes like a real staff ? Who takes a radio shows like an interview ? &quot; Lithuania media &quot; ...</p>&mdash; Donatas Motiejunas (@DonatasMot) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot/statuses/497875933446291456">August 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

Well there you go. It was a joke

9. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Bob Knight sums up this summer long Rocket smear campaign:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1Onfzet1xxs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So will everyone who freaked out now come out and apologize?

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Dmo is such a racist. He thinks his Euro oysters are better than American fast food. No wonder Milk Hair doesn't like playing him.

Ship his butt to China to play with Ron Ron, and name him Oysters Friend.

12. baubo

baubo Member

Random story. I once went out and had oysters with a couple of German friends. I made an off-hand comment that my sister likes to put ketchup on her oysters. And they pretty much flipped out and shook their heads about how we don't know how to eat, as in "How can you put ketchup on oysters!?!?". I know Lithuania is not Germany. But if they have similar tastes in oysters, that part of the interview actually make some sense.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I can totally see this. Dwight sloshing some ketchup on his fries, "Hey, DMo, you want some on your oysters?" Lin, "Nah, don't ruin his oysters. He's trying out putting some soy sauce there."

That's why DMo loves Lin so much.

14. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

Yes yes, we Asians put soy sauce on everything harharhar :rolleyes: Maybe you can bring out the math and bad driving jokes next?

Anyway, I'm glad it was all cleared up.

It's totally understandable too. Imagine if you're American, or Canadian in my case, and decide to live in Brazil or something. You would probably have a different taste in restaurants too. It doesn't mean you hate their food... just means you're used to different sorts of food.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

16. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

Ah, sarcastic racism...The John Terry! Haha, this exact thing happened just yesterday night. My buddies and I are drinking at a bar, we're Asian, and this drunk guy comes to our table and chats with us. Friendly dude but then he makes a really stupid racist joke (the usual penis joke) about Asians. We call him out on it and he gets pissed and calls us aholes. Even weirder is the fact we live in Japan.

I'm not saying you're that guy but it always happens. Somehow, the situation always gets warped so that the target of the racist comments becomes the arse for not playing along. Make a racist comment > Use sarcasm/joking as an excuse > Home free! :cool: Anyway, mountain out of a molehill, yaddy yadda blah blah, high five, Rockets for life.

Anyway, back to D-mo... he gets way too much flack on Clutchfans. From the comments I've read, the guy is a hardworking basketball player who wants to play. There's nothing wrong with a guy like that. He's made a few questionable comments but a lot of it could be lost in translation. If you read his tweets, it's (painfully) obvious English is not his native language so I can't trust half of what he really means. This latest debacle is just further evidence of that.

17. Egils

Egils Member

Yes, the first @LithuaniaBasket translation was way off and could have been interpreted in too many ways. It was words out of context and from radio show that is supposed to be "funny" and sarcastically offensive. So nothing heard there can or should be taken into account. So you guys should forget about these oysters and burgers as well - that was just a bad joke ;)

And guys, please unfollow @LithuaniaBasket, cuz he's one of the worst Lithuanian basketball journalist. He is known for "quoting" misleading statements so he gets most of the attention from that. Nothing he posts should be taken seriously until original source is found. Just like now - original post showed the truth and he had to apologize. I wouldn't be surprised if we seen next twitter post "DMo can replace Kalnietis as PG in Lithuanian NT" which was said as a joke yesterday during post game interview as media provoked him. Donatas was always a guy who did not really like media (much like Sabonis) and take them seriously so is not afraid to say stupid joke answers to stupid (from his point of view) questions just to mess with them.