1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas: James Harden wouldn't tolerate being the third highest paid player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 26, 2014.

1. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

I'm kind of starting to hope D-Mo gets his ass benched for the whole year.

2. FeaR

FeaR Member

I remember photos of JL,JH,DH,CP and Garcia eating together, they probably didn't want him with them.

3. brennan713

brennan713 Member

Disappointing to say the least to hear this coming from D-Mo. It's a shame he can't play better to get himself some value. Maybe then he would be traded to the Lakers so he can play with "the best teammate ever"

4. Normalus

Normalus Member

Also on the same radio he told Dwight is a funny guy that you happy to be around, and have on the team.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Was any of this lost in translation??

6. Normalus

Normalus Member

Actually yes (just listened entry again), about Harden&Howard. He actually said they are just eating in different places&different food. They are more for fastfood he told, and I guess most of the team are having diet that not allows it.

7. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

This dude gossips way too much. He ain't no cornerstone.

1 person likes this.
  8. CCorn

CCorn Member

If it was any other player id be pissed... But dmo is so goofy it's ok.

9. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

It's the media...be it social or mainstream drumming up mess and gossip. I'm sure if you listen to the interview it gives a different perspective than then sound bites strategically pulled out. Please don't take the bait....with that being said; who cares? This isn't news; it's meant to be gossip and mess.

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

And off we go! :grin:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Donatas Motiejunas: Dwight Howard and James Harden eat separately from rest of Rockets <a href="http://t.co/lZ8QZU6Oos">http://t.co/lZ8QZU6Oos</a></p>&mdash; Kurt Helin (@basketballtalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/statuses/497753845615693826">August 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol @ dwight and harden being simple fast food guys. surprised they don't have a personal chef cooking up something for them every day

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

When you go in the woods and eat with the wolves sometimes they don't talk to you.

1 person likes this.
  14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

We've seen PLENTY of pics of the guys eating and hanging out together during the season -- more than I see of guys on other teams, actually. This is a weird thing to say, considering.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

From what Normalus is saying, its really a poke at their eating habits

16. Airdough

Airdough Member

DMo might be goofy but he's not dumb. He wanted to be traded last season and since asking for a trade did not work, why not drop some lines about potential division within the team to the press overseas. He knows what he said will get translated (poorly) and start making news back in the US.

The literal translation to all his interviews is this, "Whatever trades you have cooking up Daryl, put me in the deal and preferrably to a team where I can get significant minutes."

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I want to hope that's true, but what do you make of the "hi and bye" relationship part? Seems very contrary to what everybody else always says about what a collegiate-type atmosphere they have. I love DMo, but I sort of just want him to stop talking.

18. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

This off-season is getting worse and worse..it all started with Parsons flapping his mouth during the playoffs, then Lin was tweeting, then Harden had to say something, Parsons again, then Dwight, Harden again, now D-Mo...can't these guys just SHUT THE **** UP?!?!?!

19. onreego

onreego Member

Dear lord, a trade or the season needs to just happen. Even international media outlets are stirring up drama for the Rockets.

Can we all hate Cleveland yet or do we have to wait 16 days?

20. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

this cant be real right?