1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgusted By JLin Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cincymmb, Jul 18, 2014.

1. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

Why is this not in the NBA Dish section? This does not involve a Rocket's player.

2. Razsan

Razsan Member

And the Rockets roster after Howard and Harden are better???

3. Razsan

Razsan Member

It's about the Rockets GM....

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Member

5. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

In a word, yes.

The Lakers are headlined by a Kobe who might be washed up, a Boozer who was washed up two years ago, your favorite player Lin, whose strengths and weaknesses take up way too much of this board's discussion still, and an overpaid Nick Young who doesn't know when to stop shooting, and Jordan Hill, who has the BBIQ of a coconut. The only real bright spots are Julius Randle, who will probably become a starter in this league, if not next season, and Ed Davis, who signed for a bargain. That bunch isn't enough to take you to the playoffs, much less 40 wins.

The Rockets are at least logically constructed, even if they missed out this free agency. Ariza is a lot better than literally every one of those role players on the Lakers. Beverley is clearly better than Lin too, even if not as dynamic on offense. Terrence Jones is at least as good as Ed Davis, and probably a lot better, and certainly preferable to Boozer at this point in his career. Troy Daniels is a role player who knows what he's getting paid to do, unlike Nick Young. And the remainder of the roster is a grab bag of potential/niche roles. It's a roster that is probably a move or two from championship contention, but still a solid playoff team.

Not sure how you can even compare the two teams with a straight face.

It's probably best that you just stop talking at this point because you are just coming off as delusional.

1 person likes this.
  6. Razsan

Razsan Member

And you're seeing the Rockets with biased fan glasses. You lost me at Beverly is "clearly" better than Lin..everything after that was Charlie Brown adult sounds. BTW - I love how you see the flaws of the Lakers players but see the strengths of the Rockets. You say logically constructed? The Rockets had 2 alleged studs and couldn't get out of the 1st round...again. Plus you still have McHale... The beauty of the Lakers situation is that there are no expectations and if healthy can exceed what the pundits predict. With the Rockets, anything less than the conference finals or strong semi's, will get someone fired.

7. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

So you see the difference between no expectations and conference finals being one elite-ish player and what you think is a better coach?

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

It really should be moved... not even pretending to be about the trade anymore.

1 person likes this.
  9. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Just leave already! Jesus Christ you guys are relentless. Ok you think Jeremy is great and the Rockets suck. We get it. Move on to the lakers board and leave us the **** alone.

10. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I think that team is good enough to be a 7th or 8th seeded first round exit play-off team If Kobe is still a good player.

11. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Because the thread title indicates we're supposed to be talking about the trade, which includes the Rockets. But instead you have the same people arguing about Lin himself

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

PLEASE move this garbage thread to Dish. In fact, move anything that even touches on Lin to Dish.

13. Razsan

Razsan Member

Lin fans are relentless??? Please, non-Lin fans spew more venom than any group of sports enthusiasts on the web. This thread has been kept alive by the Lin haters and if you don't like a topic don't read it.

BTW - I don't think Lin is great. I think he's a good NBA player that played in the wrong system here in Houston. He's not "trash", "garbage", "turn-over prone, mentally weak", and whatever other descriptive that was attached to him.

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You are right, he's a good not great player. He's certainly not trash or garbage. You could argue he is mentally weak, but can't really prove anything.

Anyone still arguing that he is not turnover prone is just willfully denying facts at this point. He has been near the bottom of all point guards every year in turnover rate. Turnovers per game is a child's way of judging turnovers, so please don't come back with that stat to try to prove anything.

15. Razsan

Razsan Member

Since page 25 there has been exactly 2 posts that mention Lin without regard to the trade or as a response to someone calling him out. 1 of those posts came from a 2002 poster with 10,000+ posts. You can blame your fellow non-Lin fans for fanning the flame and taking the discussion away from the trade and Morey.

16. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Only bad thing about the trade is that you are still here. At least most of the LOF's have left. You should go to. I doubt you are anyone else here is getting anything out of this discussion.

17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He IS turnover prone, that's not descriptive - that's a fact. And I really don't have much to say about my "biased" assessment about Beverley other than this:

Beverley ORPM 2.97 DRPM 1.29 RPM 4.26 WAR 7.26
    Lin ORPM -0.20 DPRM 0.28 RPM 0.08 WAR 3.19

The stats are conflicted in that it suggests he is somehow better than an average PG but basically is neither a plus nor minus on the court. While Beverley is much more efficient and effective than his raw numbers show. That's not BIAS. That's looking at the numbers OBJECTIVELY.

I pointed out the two bright spots in the Lakers' offseason: Ed Davis and Julius Randle. Both are good role players and potentially starter material. I also didn't mention this but Jordan Hill is a good sign - at half the money LA paid him. It's not like they can afford to throw that money around when 1/3 of their cap is locked up in an old Kobe.

And you are blissfully ignoring the fact that Ariza is better than anyone the Lakers signed, and might even be a better fit in Houston than Parsons. It doesn't mean we got better, since we lost Asik and Lin (the former was a luxury, the latter easily replaced), but it certainly doesn't mean we got worse.

We got stymied in the first round for a host of reasons. That doesn't make us a bad team by any means. That was one of the closest first round matchups in playoffs history, and we would have arguably fared better against San Antonio in the next round.

If you think "no expectations" is beautiful you clearly have no idea what it's like to be in that limbo where you are neither a contender nor a lottery team, but in that uncomfortable in between. That's NOT a good situation for any team the way the draft is currently conducted. Especially when your "window" for an old, worn down Kobe might already be long gone.

Having expectations is good. If it means someone gets fired in order to improve the team to meet expectations, that's something I bet 100% of Rockets fans would stand by.

That's the last I'm going to post in this thread. At this point you are either trolling, or you are ignorant. I'm sure there's plenty of space on Lakers forums for you, and a host of like-minded individuals.

18. langal

langal Contributing Member

disgusting trade. Harden is the one that should be on the Lakers now.

19. Indaface

Indaface Member

I agree we gave up too early on a future MVP player, Harden has reached his peak as a player. JLin is only on the way up to superstardom...way to choke Murray.

20. Razsan

Razsan Member

In my honest opinion is that the Rockets under achieved last year. McHale is regarded highly in player development, especially at the PF position. What he hasn't proven is that he knows anything about game time adjustments and rotations. I felt like they were loaded last year and were 5-1 vs the 2 teams in the NBA finals last year. The starting 5 was strong and 2 of the 5 2nd team guys were starters the year before. They had no business losing to Portland.