1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden impressing the USA Coaching staff with his defense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by okeezie, Aug 2, 2014.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

something happened and I am not sure if it was psychological or if it was with another teammate or coaching staff. But he turned off during playoffs.

Im hoping he either knows it and had a bad few weeks mentally.. or that it wasnt with dwight or coaching staff. I think it was more than we know.

Im hoping he can bounce back. Im all for him hitting strip clubs yet I also like how he working with the usa team. Im prepared to give him a mulligan for last year even though we could have won with him playing as should.

2. archinkent

archinkent Member

With Coach K = great defense
    With Coach M = no defense

Pretty obvious where the problem lies.

3. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Hmm, let's see:

1. Playing for the national team and representing your country
    2. Playing with the best NBA players which is plenty motivation by itself
    3. Not having to do everything on offense to have a chance to win, like many others have mentioned
    4. etc, etc.

I'm skeptical myself whether he can maintain the same defense during the regular season. But no, it's not as obvious as you thought.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'm guessing this is facetious?

5. okeezie

okeezie Member

And you are incapable of spelling. Nobody wants you in a positive Harden thread to bring your BS. Move along dude. Your act is tired.

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It feels good to have two true superstars. I'm excited about the potential of Harden's career.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Can you guys just put each other on ignore already? This is exactly the kind of nonsense we need to remove from the GARM

8. OKCRocket

OKCRocket Member

Coaches say stuff like this all the time. It's the offseason. Meaningless talk. Harden will not be a good defender next year.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

The organization better hurry up and put the right pieces around him and Howard. Or we will be going down the same path as we did with Tracy and Yao.

I agree with your assessment, that's why we need a true PG and a quality back up for Harden. That will take a lot of pressure off Harden. And a defensive minded coach wouldn't hurt either. McHale doesn't have a clue when it comes to defense. Look at how lost we looked after Sampson left.

10. KlutchQT

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

The answer is that management spends too much time on grantand.com patting themselves on the back everytie zack lowe writes a column about them. I have been b****ing and moaning about the lack of a legit veteran pg for the past two years since harden got here. And what the hell does the fo do this year? First he lets cp go into rfa. Im not a fan of him nor did i think highly of his ball handli g skills, but at least he took some of the pressure off. Then the grand wizard trades the only real pg we have on the roster PLUS A FRIGGING FIRST ROUND PICK to free up space for a guy who was NEVER coming here.

12. hotballa

I have complete faith that daryl will drop the ball. He spends every offseason looking for the stretch 4 white whale or whatever superstar is on the fa market. We could had isaiah thomas at 6mil a year. He has basically the same numbers as dragic, but we didnt even give it a shot because morey was too busy convincing himself that bosh would actually seriously come here.

ON WHAT PLANET?? If lebron stayed, bosh was gonna go back. If bron left, miami was gonna give him more money. And we trade away a frigging first rounder...gahhhhhhhhh

13. brennan713

brennan713 Member

You are really bitter.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And ill informed...

15. hotballa

Really in what scenario could bosh have left? It was pretty obvious to me from reports that the heat were going to raise their offer to bosh if lebron left. Why would he leave 30 mil on the table to leave the place he and his famiky calls home?

16. archinkent

archinkent Member

Uh huh. Probably should have added ;) at the end.

17. KlutchQT

Whew! You never know around here. LOL.

18. anchel

anchel Member

Tournament has not even started. We'll talk about his defense with actual opposition, under pressure. We'll see how he performs then.

19. Dream Shake 81

Harden will have Ariza & Dwight surrounding him. There will be too much Defense for teams to deal with- Specifically, Harden will be the one highlighted for Defense in article after article.. just watch.

He walked away last season taking names of everybody who said anything to discount his elite status in the NBA. Once the season starts.. It's gonna be time to pay up!

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

James Harden is my favorite player in the league. I liked him even when he was with the Thunder...and I'm thrilled he's on the Rockets.

But this feels like a public relations effort, frankly....