1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel Launches Ground Invasion of Gaza

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Jul 17, 2014.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Okay, if it's fake, that's my bad on me. To dismiss it as who would post this...that I don't agree with. Plenty of educated people make mistakes..let alone a soldier who probably has a HS education.

I don't have IG or Twitter so I couldn't tell wth it was. LOL

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There's just so much propaganda on both sides of this conflict. Its hard to know where to turn for unbiased coverage of what's going on.

1 person likes this.
  3. trustme

trustme Member

It was never a twitter account, it's an instagram account. His real account does have a D in the middle...because it is his middle initial. I am not surprised that a soldier would post such a thing, as I have proven many times throughout this thread that certain Israeli's are pro-baby killing.

Funny how you believe everything online that is anti-Islam, without fact-checking. But when it comes to Israel you will fight tooth and nail to "prove" it is false.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. trustme

trustme Member

Try to look up some people who are in Gaza (journalists, medics, etc.) posting actual footage from what is going on around them.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

There is extreme bias all around.

Yesterday on CNN I was watching Anderson Cooper interview one of the UN's commissioners (think that was the title) of a school in Gaza. Cooper asked him repeatedly whether or not they gave their coordinates to Hamas to avoid Hamas hitting them with rockets and he kept dodging the question saying things like "Israel is to blame" "We gave them to Israel, Israel is responsible." Cooper even trying to say regardless of whether Israel is responsible, do you warn Hamas and he would not answer.

6. justtxyank

This is not genocide. This word being used is such an absolute joke.

7. trustme

trustme Member

Pictures of murdered women and children and old people can't be bias.

8. justtxyank

I don't think anyone is denying that women, children and old people have been killed so those pictures don't really advance any sort of narrative.

9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

They were hoping for the kind of war were no civilians get hurt. Cause those exist........

10. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

If you look at his actual twitter account @daviddovadia, his name is spelled David Dovadia. Also, his english appears to be solid. The use of "childrens" and "ur" don't match up with how he types. He also states that the instagram post was a hoax. Whether you want to believe it is up to you.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

They would be a good source, but even in that case there would presumably be some bias towards their host.

12. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

what

I have.

http://www.unrwa.org/donate

Put your money where your mouth is.

13. amazinghappens

It's sad to see how uninformed we are. Lets not trust every source that you read, Palestinians do not prefer Israeli rule, Palestinians ins West Bank are discriminated against and are deprived from all the amenities that the Israeli side has access to. They live completely separate lives.

14. tallanvor

I thought Palestinians wanted separation from Israel? But you say they are complaining about not getting amenities from Israel? Those are contradictory positions.

15. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

Wrong. It's a slow genocide since 1948. Ask Meir Kahane's loyal followers, they'll tell it to you straight.

FINISH 48.

They're talking about genocide and ethnic cleansing, it's a sorry joke to assert otherwise really.

16. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

Thank you, I hope many more in this forum will follow your lead.

17. tallanvor

Palestine's population has doubled since 1990. not sure you know what genocide means.

This is what genocide looks like

[​IMG]

#1097 tallanvor, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  18. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

19. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tallanvor, you and I don't agree on much. But, we do here. Using the word "genocide" in the context of Israel/Palestine cheapens its meaning and accusing the Jewish people of committing it is demeaning to the victims of actual genocides in world history, including the Holocaust.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What has me disgusted is that it was a UN school that was hit, and it's location was given to the Israeli military at least a dozen times in the previous 24-48 hours as both a school, and a civilian shelter. There is a point where excuses are absurd, that the act itself has no rational explanation. With the smart bombs and munitions we have today, and we've sold a lot of that equipment to Israel, that such a target could be hit is inexcusable. That's what the head of the United Nations angrily said after it happened. He was furious. That's the head of the UN, not the head of Hamas, who I have no respect for, of course (to put it mildly). There was also a market hit, during a confusing 4 hour cease fire, that killed and wounded a large number of civilians. The IDF should be circumspect about their targets. If they aren't sure whether civilians, large numbers of them, have left a large civilian market during a cease fire, one whose parameters were far too vague for civilians intent on restocking supplies in order to take care of their families, then they should make damn sure those civilians have left before hitting said target, if in fact it needs to be hit.

This isn't that complicated. Whoever is responsible for both these events should be court marshalled. That these incidents continue to occur is a disgrace. I support Israel and I consider Hamas a terrorist organization wearing a cloak of political cover in Gaza, but that absolutely is no excuse for gross negligence resulting in massive civilian casualties, with one target a UN school that had been telling the IDF where they were, what it was being used for, and not to attack it. Telling the IDF that numerous times in the hours before the attack. These inicidents do far more harm to Israel than any military excuse given for the attacks.