1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Should we get Michael Beasley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by streetking713, Jul 27, 2014.

?

Should we get Michael beasley

Poll closed Aug 11, 2014.
  1. Hell yah!!

84 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. No .. He is no help

159 vote(s)
    65.4%
  1. i3artow i3aller

My bad, my bad.
    Thought that was my own knee.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

The reverse is funnier

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. i3artow i3aller

LMAO!

1 person likes this.
  4. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

Totally agree

You need a strong coaching staff to keep this guy in line. I really can't envision Coach McHale being able to babysit this guy.

5. MadMirror

MadMirror Member

He's talented and still young, but he's shown a lack of discipline at every stop in his career, even on Lebron's Heat, a team flush with veteran leadership. I doubt the Rockets are the team to set him down the right path, if he's even capable of it.

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

With Lebron around Beasley had a chance to play a vital role...instead he was unable to elevate his game during the season, playoffs and finals. He had spurts and moments where he showed some promise, but he is the definition of inconsistent. And as others have pointed out....a true nutcase, in the mold of one Royce White. Puff puff pass...

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You guys are seriously expecting way too much from this guy lol

It's funnier that anyone actually expected him to elevate his game last season! Just the fact that he stayed out of problems form a basketball standpoint says he could be worth the risk if handled well - and if there's anything McHale is good at, it's being a players' coach.

He's a minimum signing. It's not about elevating his game. It's not about whether he can carry this team. He just has to do what he did last season, and that would be worth more than the minimum.

Can he possibly be better than Casspi? That's the kind of expectation we're talking about. He doesn't have to live up to his pre-draft potential to be considered a success for us for a couple of years. IMO the answer is a resounding yes, and given his style of scoring he might be a better fit for a second unit than Casspi.

For the minimum, IMO we would be silly not to sign him given the opportunity. First sign of problems we can cut him and lose $700k tops.

8. Victorious

Victorious Member

yes, been trying to find a new connect. i know beas smokes good

9. gqgeo

gqgeo Member

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

nah, give all the minutes at the 4/5 to motie.

11. wadero

wadero Member

I think him being around Mchale and Dream would be good for him. If I remember correctly he spent time in Rehab here and has made strides with his issues. I mean come on he is better than Dorsey and Ish. Plus if he is here and Harden is here wouldn't it make since for KD to come here.

12. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

This guys knows about team chemistry.

13. Remii

Remii Member

I think he would be a good add if he can keep from smoking on game night.

He can still get the ball in the bucket. Whenever Miami gave him extended minutes last season he put points on the board. He could actually replace Jeremy's scoring production off the bench and we did take a step back at the 3 spot.

Yea, maybe Morey should kick those tiers.

14. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Nope. He won't play hard.

15. cebu

cebu Member

risky but great upside if he matures.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Can't go wrong with BAE or minimum on him. With how weak our PF spot is, adding him to fight for minutes can't be bad.

17. streetking713

streetking713 Member

If he wants to make more money he will play hard !!! Remember when Ron Artest came expectations was way worst then Beasley .. Ron Artest got us out of the first round and then got paid heavy by L@! Morey get it done ..he is an asset or a rental ... something better then nothing ! Nothing to really lose! All I see is that Beasley has haters ? No reason not to sign him cheap !

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He could also get burn at the 3, which is another giant hole we have. Now that I think of it, he would be a nice pickup for the backup SF spot.

Beverley/Smith/Canaan
    Harden/Daniels/Johnson
    Ariza/Beasely/Covington
    Jones/Motiejunas/Adrian
    Howard/Dorsey

Would still need to pickup a backup C.

19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Without Lin and Parsons, we have no bromances on the team... maybe bringing Beas in to rub on Hardens/Dwights knee would be a good thing... lol

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

we could bring back Terrence Williams too. I think he still has upside, too, right?